Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: There is also the issue that Psychiatrists may give up their databases on who visited t...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

There is also the issue that Psychiatrists may give up their databases on who visited them and for what to the government as part of a more onerous (and, of course, more expensive) background check demanded of all would-be gunowners. Kiss doctor-patient confidentiality goodbye.

Now we hear that Joe Biden's presidential task force on gun control is meeting with psychiatrists. Here is what they're discussing:

Databases. They want to tighten background checks on people who buy guns, and the checks could include discovering whether applicants have ever been under psychiatric care, and if so, what diagnosis(es) was made.

In order to do that, there will have to be a comprehensive database and a tracking system that extends into, and from, every psychiatrist's front desk. Law-enforcement will have access to that database.

What happened to doctor-patient confidentiality? It's possible this issue can be skirted merely by affirming that a gun-applicant has seen a psychiatrist at some point in time---which fact could exclude him from purchasing a weapon.

Organized psychiatry would, of course welcome a comprehensive database of Americans who have obtained psychiatric care. It makes their profession seem even more official than it already is. And it imparts a tinge of USSR-like power.

The implication: "We know who you are. We know you've been under the care of a psychiatrist. Wherever you live and work, we can call you crazy if we want to."

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com

--hide--

I have a feeling there are already plenty of loopholes in Doctor/Patient confidentiality. It will only get worse with
computer documented healthcare and, of course, Obamacare.

Regular "General Practice" Doctors also prescribe psychotropic medicine. It is not just Psychiatrists.

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: It would only be fair if we have Catholic Priests examine Politicians to determine who is evil,an...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

It would only be fair if we have Catholic Priests examine Politicians to determine who is evil,and therefore fit or not to serve in Government!

--hide--

How would a Catholic Priest know if the Politician is evil or not? His opinion whether he is fit or unfit to serve, would
be biased anyway.

Jan 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Talk about "giant gaping holes" (or questions at a minim...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Talk about "giant gaping holes" (or questions at a minimum) in the Sandy Hook story...

Some really good questions raised here (re: medical examiner, photo of Emily, etc.): www.youtube.com

And here! -www.youtube.com

And here - www.businessinsider.com

Mary: Not sure what the purpose of the smiling parent is? That is strange behavior, if it even is from Sandy Hook.
I can only think that the reality has not set in yet. Reality sets in, in stages, so as to not overwhelm the mind. It is
a hard situation for everyone left standing, and not an easy one to handle.

Why are people trying to look for things to minimize this tragedy? I am not sure?

--hide--
I really don't think people are looking for things to minimize a tragedy.

I think people couldn't help but recognize a number of very strange inconsistencies which don't add up. At least on face value. Perhaps there are explanations...hopefully.
Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: It would only be fair if we have Catholic Pr...

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

It would only be fair if we have Catholic Priests examine Politicians to determine who is evil,and therefore fit or not to serve in Government!

How would a Catholic Priest know if the Politician is evil or not? His opinion whether he is fit or unfit to serve, would
be biased anyway.

--hide--
"What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander" If the libs get their way,they could label anyone crazy.Psychologists are the Priests for the Religion of the Atheist New World Order.I say the Politicians must be analyzed by Catholic Priests to see if they are worthy to head Armies and run Countries.If they are deemed evil and unfit to serve, throw them out! laughing eyebrow wink

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Mary: Not sure what the purpose of the smiling parent is? That is strange behavior, if...

Mary: Not sure what the purpose of the smiling parent is? That is strange behavior, if it even is from Sandy Hook.
I can only think that the reality has not set in yet. Reality sets in, in stages, so as to not overwhelm the mind. It is

Why are people trying to look for things to minimize this tragedy? I am not sure?

--hide--

It's rumored to be a drill, that would explain the reason for them smirking and chuckling.

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: It's rumored to be a drill, that would explain the reason for them smirking and chuck...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

It's rumored to be a drill, that would explain the reason for them smirking and chuckling.

--hide--

That would explain a lot. They surely did not look like they were under a lot of stress.

Jan 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) John-711000 said: It's rumored to be a drill, th...

Quote:
John-711000 said:

That would explain a lot. They surely did not look like they were under a lot of stress.

--hide--
What do you think about the presentation and demeanor of the "medical examiner"?

Here's the video and transcript. eyebrow

www.globalresearch.ca
Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Mary: Not sure what the purpose of the smiling parent is? That is strange behavior, if...

--hide--
I would have to say ,because the left liberals are trying to use it to control peoples right to ban arm. I don't and never have own a gun, Just a BB gun when I was younger for fun, but I believe in that right. the 2nd amendment does not say so we can shoot dear, I don't care how loud Cumo yells. The right is to enable us to protect ourselves from the teranny of a bad goverment and to defend ourselves

. The shooting is a tragety but it was done by someone who should not have had access to the guns. The reason these things happen are because of people who don't respect this right and they should be held accountible not ever other American. It is a shame. the left always do this. There motto, don't let a mistake go to waste, lets use it to get what we want. They are taking advantage of the emotions of this tragety. They always do, and will until they control every thing we do . That is my humble opinion and what I believe. I hope I answered you question???

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: I would have to say ,because the left liberals are trying to use it to control peoples right to ...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

I would have to say ,because the left liberals are trying to use it to control peoples right to ban arm. I don't and never have own a gun, Just a BB gun when I was younger for fun, but I believe in that right. the 2nd amendment does not say so we can shoot dear, I don't care how loud Cumo yells. The right is to enable us to protect ourselves from the teranny of a bad goverment and to defend ourselves

. The shooting is a tragety but it was done by someone who should not have had access to the guns. The reason these things happen are because of people who don't respect this right and they should be held accountible not ever other American. It is a shame. the left always do this. There motto, don't let a mistake go to waste, lets use it to get what we want. They are taking advantage of the emotions of this tragety. They always do, and will until they control every thing we do . That is my humble opinion and what I believe. I hope I answered you question???

--hide--
Bare,

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: I would have to say ,because the left liberals are trying to use it to control peoples right to ...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

--hide--

That is such a good description of the tactics of the Left, "Don't let a mistake go to waste--use it for our advantage."

Posts 11 - 20 of 87