Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: What do you think about the presentation and demeanor of the "medical examiner"? Here&#...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: What do you think about the presentation and demeanor of the "medical examiner"?

Here's the video and transcript.

www.globalresearch.ca
--hide--

I remember listening to the Medical Examiner during the few days of the shootings. Personally, I think he was not used
to being interviewed by the press or having his department under such high national visibility. He made some very corny
references or jokes, I do remember. I just thought that this was new to him when I saw him being interviewed.

I am not sure why this person is trying to pin down the Medical Examiner about the information he gave. The real information would
be on the paperwork done with the autopsy. It doesn't matter what he says in the conference because he may be nervous,
and he is not under oath or anything. And the workload during this time for the medical examiner's team great
and high pressured to get done.

I think it is strange that a big case is made about this interview. Everyone is under a lot of pressure during this time.

Jan 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I remember listening to the Medical Examiner during the few days of the shootings. Personally, I th...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I remember listening to the Medical Examiner during the few days of the shootings. Personally, I think he was not used
to being interviewed by the press or having his department under such high national visibility. He made some very corny
references or jokes, I do remember. I just thought that this was new to him when I saw him being interviewed.

I am not sure why this person is trying to pin down the Medical Examiner about the information he gave. The real information would
be on the paperwork done with the autopsy. It doesn't matter what he says in the conference because he may be nervous,
and he is not under oath or anything. And the workload during this time for the medical examiner's team great
and high pressured to get done.

I think it is strange that a big case is made about this interview. Everyone is under a lot of pressure during this time.

--hide--

I feel for all those involved in this national story. Having been the center of a news event when I lost my son I can only imagine what everyone involved experienced.....My prayers are with everyone involved. I highly recommend if anyone is having troubles dealing with grief after this or other events such as this read 'Grief Recovery workbook by Chaplain Ray Giunta". Along with prayers reading this workbook helped me deal with being in the center of so much attention from my loss. Chaplain Ray Giunta was one of many who helped after the tragic events of 9-11.......
Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Read more at www.wnd.com.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Read more at www.wnd.com

--hide--

Thank you so much for posting this! I read this article yesterday and I feel it's spot on. Even here in CT there is absolutely NO DISCUSSION about medications, etc.

God Bless!

Jan 9th 2013 new
The media would not report on what they do not know with certainty. Such a tragedy, and many want quick foolproof answers to a complicated matter.
Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: The media would not report on what they do not know with certainty. Such a tragedy, and many want q...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: The media would not report on what they do not know with certainty. Such a tragedy, and many want quick foolproof answers to a complicated matter.
--hide--
The Media which is left wing reports based on their agenda.

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: The media would not report on what they do not know with certainty. Such a tragedy...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: The media would not report on what they do not know with certainty. Such a tragedy, and many want quick foolproof answers to a complicated matter.
--hide--

What media are you referring to? Most I've seen can't be bothered to spell check, much less fact check.

Remember these reprts from CT:

The shooter was named Ryan.

His mother was shot at the school.

His brother was shot in his home.

His father and girl friend were dead.

Jan 10th 2013 new
"Speaking on behalf of Tracy, Peter Phillips, president of the Media Freedom Foundation and Project Censored, said in a statement to Yahoo News:

James Tracy isn't promoting a "conspiracy" theory regarding Sandy Hook, but rather saying the mainstream media distorts the news, and doesn't follow up on important questions.

There were reports of more than one shooter in the Sandy Hook case.

Tracy is not denying that it happened, but he is saying that when such events do happen it is the responsibility of the media to fully investigate all aspects of the story and not just sensationalize the tragedy."

news.yahoo.com
Jan 10th 2013 new

Just one thought concerning a more intrusive background of the mental health of a potential gun owner applicant....

The whole idea of more intrusive background checks could have bad unintended consequences. Perhaps there are many relatively normal and stable people who really would benefit from some counseling sessions for their personal problems (of any sort), veterans seeking counseling as they return from war, police officers after a shooting, or perhaps people with problems in their marriage that may intentionally avoid seeking professional help if they believe that such an action could keep them from owning a gun in the future.

Intensifying such background checks could result in a "less well" society if it results in people avoiding beneficial counceling. I don't really have a solution for this, but I think that we should be very careful that in addressing one problem, we do not create a bigger societal problem.

This perdicament is somewhat similar to a Catholic taking advantage of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. How many Catholics would confess their worst sins if they knew that the government would/could compel the priest to provide all the details of the confession? scratchchin

Just my thoughts.

Ed

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: The media would not report on what they do not know with certainty. Such a tragedy, and many want q...
--hide--

The media often reports what they don't know with certainty. They often even make up facts.

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: The media often reports what they don't know with certainty. They often even...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

The media often reports what they don't know with certainty. They often even make up facts.

--hide--
Exactly, Trevon Martin come to mind ??? You know and edited recording to give it a different meaning then what it was??? They do this all the time, they did it with Mitt Romney a lot as well. They set a narative and make everything comply with it, even if it doesn't.

Posts 21 - 30 of 87