Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Chris-930705 said: I haven't been around here for more than a week. Is there anything that Catholic Match does, ...
(Quote) Chris-930705 said:

I haven't been around here for more than a week. Is there anything that Catholic Match does, that *we* do as a community, to reach out to the suffering and bereft?

--Chris

--hide--

Well, I give to the Little Sisters of the Poor. Here is their website, if anyone here would like to give that that fine group of sisters.

www.littlesistersofthepoorcincinnati.org

Jan 13th 2013 new
Chris,

Yes, we have to be wise in our discernment. Which means when we see blatant inconsistencies before our very eyes (no photographic or video evidence of the crime itself, audio and video of multiple suspects running from the scene, interviews which appear to be staged, eye witness accounts which directly contradict the "official" story, etc. etc.), we don't bury our heads in the sand.

I posted those links to provide certain facts and observations which are being ignored. Conversely, it doesn't mean that I would vouch for each and every line in every article. The links provided police audio, video, and key eye witness accounts which are not consistent with mainstream media's presentation. By no means do they represent all the inconsistencies and contradictions.

If the mainstream media spent just a mere fraction of the time investigating something as important as Sandy Hook as they did on how Mitt Romney transported his dog on family vacations, that would be a good first start! They left no stone unturned, including breaking into private dinners Romney attended, to set up hidden cameras, yet they are totally complicit with something of this magnitude.

Those who lack compassion are those using children and tragedy to further political agendas.

As for your other question, CM has Prayer and Support threads. www.catholicmatch.com
Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Chris-930705 said: Hello. I'm new here. New to on-line dating, to this site, and to most of you. I've...
(Quote) Chris-930705 said:

Hello. I'm new here. New to on-line dating, to this site, and to most of you.

I've had my fair share of tragedies, and I've helped friends through worse, including many with relatives suffering from mental illness. I takes a lot to disturb me, and an awful lot to sicken me.

This thread -- the conspiracy claims about Adam Lanza's assult last month; the claim that this is a New World Order scam; the suggestion that people involved in the tragedy are actors, or faking, or whatever else; and over all, the denial of human suffering -- all of it sickens me. I'm amazed to see such a discussion here, and I am ashamed to call myself Catholic, seeing people who would be so empty of compassion for grieving families, so quick to label honest people as frauds or villains, and to do so under the aegis of the Holy Church.

I appreciate that a couple of people have suggested that maybe things aren't as clear cut as all that. But I'm here to tell you, that if your thoughts on this tragedy don't begin and end with prayers: for the souls of the children, for their families, for the adults who gave their lives protecting them, and for the Newtown community, you need to think harder about what it means to be a Christian*.

A couple of other notes:

Steven-706921 agrees, but doesn't think the liberal tribalists will allow it.

1) "Liberal tribalists?" How about ayone who believes in the sparation of Church and State? That's why we have the Establishment Clause of the Constitution. If you would have a problem with Shiite muslim imams interviewing every candidate to determine his or her fitness to hold office, or Bhuddist monks, or Hindu Kali-worshippers, then you should also have a problem with Catholic priests doing so. Because we don't give one religion dominance over another in this country.

1a) What is a "tribalist"?

2) I am trying to come up with a delicate way to say this. This side of the scandals that have beset the Holy Church in recent years, I don't think that Catholic priests have a very good track record of determining evil within their own ranks. It will take us some time to earn back the trust of the American people; until then, e are the very last group who should be passing judgement on anybody else's moral worth.

Jerry-74383 was bothered that some news agencies got some details about Adam Lanza's rampage wrong. I think it's understandable: Lanza deliberately left false trails, carried the wrong ID, etc. Jerry, I think these were honest mistakes by reporters trying to do their jobs as best they could. Do you think otherwise?

Do you think it would be better for the media to issue a news blackout until every fact was double-checked? That has a certain appeal to it, but I imagine that people would be even more vehement that there was a conspiracy, that the media were keeping facts from the public. Because the media would be doing so.

John-711000, the issue of "crisis actors" is a red herring. Such businesses exist, to train emergency response workers in realistic situations. I've worked in a hospital and seen crisis simulation teams in action. These businesses don't stage mock emergencies for the public. Even during a simulation, they never claim that an actual emergency is going on. They had nothing to do with the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting.

Lord, look over the souls that were taken into Your care that day, and those who remain.

--Still angry, and looking forward to meeting you all under happier circumstances,

Chris

* No seriously. Luke 13:4. When asked about the tragedy of the 18 who died when the tower in Siloam fell, Jesus didn't suggest it was a conspiracy of the Pharasees, or that maybe they were actors.

--hide--

You're really not focusing in on reality. The MSM has deliberately created a faked reality for all of us. It is known as the media matrix, and many of us have fell victim to it including myself, and for most of my life. I am now free because I have finally recognized the MSM as the greatest threat to us and our Sacred Church. It should be noted that our nation has been in a steady decline since the advent of television and movies. They all have a political agenda in favor of the NWO. This is something we need to admit if we want to return to God.

There are really only two ways.. The New World Order established officially since 1913 and directed by Satan himself who is worshipped by the financial and political elite. Then there is the Old Roman Catholic World Order given to us by our one and only true God, who is, and will always be, above Satan. That is the struggle we are presently in, you'll have to make your choice. Our Main Stream Media is run by the elite who takes direct orders from Satan and his devils. We really need to refer to it as 'Satan's Media'.

Common sense directs the prudent in this direction..Police have been taking bribes for many decades for material gain. Many men and women have been selling their bodies upon their free will for material gain. Over the course of history men have started wars for profit with no regard for the lives they take. People in general can be tempted and will succumb to their temptations to fill their egos. Bribery is a high crime when a public official agrees to accept a bribe since they made an agreement to betray us. This is one of the reasons why we are seeing today's police using a torture device called a taser.

On to Newtown.. to say that it wasn't faked with actors, might be true, or it might not. But the disregard of a thorough investigation by oneself is akin to saying that sin itself does not exist. That general way of thinking would have us believe that human beings in positions of power would never misuse it. To find God one needs to recognize what is good and what is not good. Satan and his human followers are coming closer to total world power once again and his ways of deception are becoming more prominent which must be recognized and vehemently rejected.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: "Perhaps you’re wondering why this issue of psychiatric medications should be so impor...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

"Perhaps you’re wondering why this issue of psychiatric medications should be so important."

"As I documented in“How Evil Works,”it is simply indisputable that most perpetrators of school shootings and similar mass murders in our modern era were either on – or just recently coming off of – psychiatric medications:" by David Kupelian

Read more at www.wnd.com

--hide--

Very important article Bernard. Psychiatric medications are the elephant in the room when it comes to these types of shootings. The article certainly lists the connection between psychiatric medications and these types of shootings. The list is scary.

Jan 13th 2013 new

More apparent jaw-dropping media failure concerning the details of Sandy Hook.

The gun in the truck was a semi-automatic shotgun. But the Bushmaster AR-15? Given the media laziness, who knows. boggled

Shouldn't some feet on the ground and some solid "just the facts" reportage be the least we demand from CNN, ABC, NBC, and especially MSNBC (but mostly Baloney Sandwiches)?

www.wnd.com

Jan 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Steven-706921 said: More apparent jaw-dropping media failure concerning the details of Sandy Hook. The gun in th...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

More apparent jaw-dropping media failure concerning the details of Sandy Hook.

The gun in the truck was a semi-automatic shotgun. But the Bushmaster AR-15? Given the media laziness, who knows.

Shouldn't some feet on the ground and some solid "just the facts" reportage be the least we demand from CNN, ABC, NBC, and especially MSNBC (but mostly Baloney Sandwiches)?

www.wnd.com

--hide--
And further, the medical examiner said at a press conference that all deaths (so far) were caused by gun shot wounds from the long weapon.

When asked if the rifle was the primary weapon, he said, "yes".

However, there is video of police retrieving the rifle from the trunk.
Jan 14th 2013 new

Professor James Tracy interviewed on infowars.com

www.youtube.com

Jan 14th 2013 new
Steven, I agree with you--the Little Sisters of the Poor do God's work. Talk about living the beatitudes. Thank you. John
Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: And further, the medical examiner said at a press conference that all deaths (so far) were caused by gun ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: And further, the medical examiner said at a press conference that all deaths (so far) were caused by gun shot wounds from the long weapon.

When asked if the rifle was the primary weapon, he said, "yes".

However, there is video of police retrieving the rifle from the trunk.
--hide--

Here is the video reporting on there being four (4) handguns found in the school, "but no rifle." The AR-15 was reported here as being in the trunk, though from the first video, you can see that the one in the truck was a shotgun, not a rifle.

The "state and local sources" were during the conference the next day.

video.today.msnbc.msn.com

Jan 14th 2013 new

Posts 51 - 60 of 87