Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: William do you think that the Chicago crime m...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

William do you think that the Chicago crime machine that is running the Country currently is not capable of such evil.Or that the media are not evil people bent on the destruction of all that is good and just?

Bernard,

If you really believe that this is the act of "the Chicago crime machine," then why are you still in this country? How could you justify living here?

You're 54 years old and you're going to get on a website and push this crap? (Sorry, ladies.) I suppose we never landed on the moon, JFK was killed by the CIA, the attack on 9/11 was done by the government, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Pick up a book or something, Bernard. Learn a new language. Take piano lessons. Just do yourself a favor and get off the internet.

--hide--
I don't believe everything Washington or the media tells us.Especially when things don't add up.It's that simple.I am not saying definitively what happened one way or the other.I question everything that is reported in the news media, and research big topics like this.If you want to bury your head in a book,go for it.I will continue to research and seek answers ,which certainly don't come from the nightly news propaganda shows.I am in this Country because it is a great Country.I voted against the enemy.Unfortunately,too many people followed your advice and were reading a book,when they should have been doing research on the Internet and listening to good conservative talk radio, to find out who Barrack Obama really is.

Jan 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: I didn't say it was perfect. I mean look at all the bad doctors giving out pain medicine, but it might hel...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

I didn't say it was perfect. I mean look at all the bad doctors giving out pain medicine, but it might help. Banning some kinds of guns will not work. Could not a doctor stop me from driving a truck if he wants??? Yet it is the law here, your not going to drive without the form filled out. There are a lot of things we need or want to be able to do, that you need a doctors approval for. I think something can be figured out that would be fair, or the Governments going to start taking away peoples guns. Then we are going to have some big problems, if they try to do this.

--hide--

Of course it's not perfect. That's why our RIGHTS are affirmed by the Constitution, not men appointed by other men to decide our rights for us.
Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Of course it's not perfect. That's why our RIGHTS are affirmed by the Constitution, not...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:

Of course it's not perfect. That's why our RIGHTS are affirmed by the Constitution, not men appointed by other men to decide our rights for us.
--hide--
Ed, Didn't other men deside our rights in the constitution, when it was writen over 200 years ago???

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Everyone has to admit that this horrible act has been manipulated by the political machine now i...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Everyone has to admit that this horrible act has been manipulated by the political machine now in place in Washington.

That is certainly something that must be admitted...and the tactics used are as old as the origins of Fascism itself, and that is the use of children as political pawns. It is the first recourse of the Political Scoundral, of which Obama is a five-star example.

www.jillstanek.com

--hide--

Steven,

I agree. Manipulating horrible acts by politicians is old hat; it was just ten years ago that the Bush Administration manipulated the attacks of September 11th into an excuse for invading Iraq.

Although what Obama is doing has not risen to even a fraction of the level to where George Bush took it, I agree that it is nonetheless despicable on his part.

I expect the political manipulation part; as I just pointed out, that's bipartisan. What is beyond me is someone suggesting that the shooting never happened. How upsetting this would be for the Catholic Match member who knows one of those killed and sees this drivel on this website. Is this forum such that anyone could toss out some asinine idea and then say, "Well, prove it wrong."

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I don't believe everything Washington or the media tells us.Especially when things don't ...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I don't believe everything Washington or the media tells us.Especially when things don't add up.It's that simple.I am not saying definitively what happened one way or the other.I question everything that is reported in the news media, and research big topics like this.If you want to bury your head in a book,go for it.I will continue to research and seek answers ,which certainly don't come from the nightly news propaganda shows.I am in this Country because it is a great Country.I voted against the enemy.Unfortunately,too many people followed your advice and were reading a book,when they should have been doing research on the Internet and listening to good conservative talk radio, to find out who Barrack Obama really is.

--hide--

Bernard,

Do you think there is any consequence to society when one posts any cockamamie idea in a forum that he or she found somewhere else on the internet? Do you not think responsibility requires us to use our rational minds to come up with the most reasonable conclusion? And if we don't yet have enough evidence to arrive at a conclusion, do you not think that prudence requires us to wait until formal investigations have been completed and much, much more knowledgeable parties have reviewed this information?

It is still beyond my grasp that anyone can just dump any idea into this forum and then hide behind a "Well, I'm not saying this; someone else is." (I'm just repeating it on a forum. I haven't done anything wrong.)

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I don't believe everything Washington or ...

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

Bernard,

Do you think there is any consequence to society when one posts any cockamamie idea in a forum that he or she found somewhere else on the internet? Do you not think responsibility requires us to use our rational minds to come up with the most reasonable conclusion? And if we don't yet have enough evidence to arrive at a conclusion, do you not think that prudence requires us to wait until formal investigations have been completed and much, much more knowledgeable parties have reviewed this information?

It is still beyond my grasp that anyone can just dump any idea into this forum and then hide behind a "Well, I'm not saying this; someone else is." (I'm just repeating it on a forum. I haven't done anything wrong.)

--hide--
Real cute with the cockamamie and irrational accusation statements William.Nice attempt at trying to shut me down with false accusations. You should be ashamed of yourself.Take a hike buddy.

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Real cute with the cockamamie and irrational accusation statements William.Nice attempt at trying...

Real cute with the cockamamie and irrational accusation statements William.Nice attempt at trying to shut me down with false accusations. You should be ashamed of yourself.Take a hike buddy.

--hide--

You suggested this shooting didn't happen, or that it might have been the work of "the Chicago crime machine running the country."

Show me the false accusation.

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Real cute with the cockamamie and irrational accusation statements William.Nice attempt at trying...

--hide--

Bernard,

Actually, I owe you an apology (see my first response). It was John-711000 who suggested the cockamamie idea that the shooting in Connecticut didn't really happen, not you. You only suggested the cockamamie idea that "the Chicago crime machine that is running the country" may have committed this horrible act.

(I didn't want to accuse you of introducing two cockamamie ideas into the forum when it was only one cockamamie idea.)

I hope this clears things up.

Jan 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Ed, Didn't other men deside our rights in the constitution, when it was writen over 200 years ago???
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Ed, Didn't other men deside our rights in the constitution, when it was writen over 200 years ago???

--hide--

They affirmed that our rights were given to us by God.

Who would you trust today to change it from that?
Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Real cute with the cockamamie and irrational ...

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

Bernard,

Actually, I owe you an apology (see my first response). It was John-711000 who suggested the cockamamie idea that the shooting in Connecticut didn't really happen, not you. You only suggested the cockamamie idea that "the Chicago crime machine that is running the country" may have committed this horrible act.

(I didn't want to accuse you of introducing two cockamamie ideas into the forum when it was only one cockamamie idea.)

I hope this clears things up.

--hide--
Tell Obama I said hi when you talk to him again.

Posts 71 - 80 of 87