Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jan 13th 2013 new
One piercing on each ear so you can wear earrings that make look glamorous (in a nice way) more than that I just think it looks aggressive and sometimes untidy
Jan 15th 2013 new

Quite frankly, I'm against overzealous peircing. Some folks love to keep getting new ones and I cannot see the fun in that at all. However, if you can pull off an extra one in your ear, your nose, then more power to you! Bow I cannot...it just wouldn't be me. I have seen so many lovely girls who have three, four, five peircings in an ear and they wear them well, enhancing their beauty and expressing individuality at the same time. I do this with only one set. Take heed not to go to the extreme that Alma Rose mentioned above.

Jan 15th 2013 new

I had my eyebrow pierced for over twelve years. Then about five years ago I had to take it out for a series of test and it healed up irked

Now, I will never get it repierced becaused I just can't see spending the money on it. Many people can get away with one piercing, if the piercing is done well. Personally I think more than one piercing (besides ears) is too much.

I did my piercing for me and almost always wore a stone that blended with my coloring. Many people didn't even register the fact that I had my eyebrow pierced. I actually had coworkers come up to me and ask "wow, Did you do that this weekend?" AFTER we had been working together for several months.

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said: Personally, I would say just stick with piercing ears, although a stud on the nose can be ki...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

Personally, I would say just stick with piercing ears, although a stud on the nose can be kind of cute, too.

--hide--

I could not have said it better myself.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Wini-893258 said: Hey, all! So I just got my first (and likely only) piercing aside from my ears a couple of ...
(Quote) Wini-893258 said:

Hey, all!

So I just got my first (and likely only) piercing aside from my ears a couple of days ago. What do you guys think of piercings?

--hide--

smile My five year old nephew told me I should get more "holes" in my ear. I have my ears double pierced already.

Really, the idea of getting any body modification - which is what piercings are as well as tattoos- is completely dependent on culture. Excessive tattoos and piercings suggests a participation in a Western subculture such as goth. The reason we are conditioned to see piercings as "good" in the ears but "bad" elsewhere is due to our Western cultural conditioning. In India, for instance, many ladies have their nose pierced.

Now, should you have so many piercings you can't get through a metal detector? Probably not. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I'm against the eyebrow one - I knew a lady who became very ill from that and ended up bedridden for a trip to Egypt back before the revolution. Her sinus infection, caused by the eyebrow piercing, was that bad. I also don't like the lip one -seriously, how do you drink with a straw with one of those? However, if you want nose, ears, belly button, ect, all of that seems to normally be okay from a medical standpoint.

Feb 19th 2013 new

I accidentally got my ears double-pierced because I'd thought my old holes had closed up (I hadn't used them in years), and I felt like such a rebel!

My brother spent a lot of our travels this summer trying to convince me to get a nose stud because he thought it would look cute on me. A lot of the Israeli women we backpacked with had them. It's tempting, but then I think about the next time I have a cold. . .

I'm far more likely to get a tattoo.

Feb 20th 2013 new

My sister has had multiple piercings in all kinds of places. But she eventually took them all out and let them close over due to her realisation it was hard to get a job whne your face was full of metal. I used to have my ears pierced but my lobes are widdle and I kept tugging the studs when taking off my jersey or they'd get caught in my hair. Then I reacted to the metal, surgical steel, I'll have you know, so I pulled them out. I think they're partially open but I have no interest in re-establishing functionality.

I do have a tatt though. And am currently planning my second and third. ^___^

Feb 26th 2013 new

I've had my ears pierced for a long time, but when I went to boot camp I had to take them out. In that time (2 months) they almost closed completely up and I had to have them re-pierced. Then I started gauging my ears slowly, it was actually pretty unnoticable, that way my ears wouldn't close again. Upon me leaving the military I worked my way up to a bigger gauge which I love! My earlobes have always been kinda big, and now they look smaller thanks to the gauge I have. Now my gauges are only 2s, which are still small, and I don't plan on going any bigger anytime soon. They've been this size for over a year now, and besides a nose ring, it's all the holes I'm gonna have. I also love tattoos I have technically have 3, but 2 are part of a half sleeve which I just added more to recently. I love tattoos and plan on getting more, but they all have a deep meaning to me and I will never regret them.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Okay, as an "old broad" I know I'm not suppose to be in this room, but I couldn'...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Okay, as an "old broad" I know I'm not suppose to be in this room, but I couldn't resist....Michael, your post is hysterical.

--hide--
Linda and Micheal you guys are hilarious! I agree. I have doubled peiced ears tho, but that's it babay!

Linda - it's always good to see you posting I have gotten quite attached to you all! I posted a message in the widows room about keeping in touch underground if that is ok? wave

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: My sister has had multiple piercings in all kinds of places. But she eventually took them all out...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

My sister has had multiple piercings in all kinds of places. But she eventually took them all out and let them close over due to her realisation it was hard to get a job when your face was full of metal.

--hide--

I agree with this, especially being used to working in a hospital setting it'd look extremely unprofessional, and in many areas that work with patients earrings and such are either limited or not worn.

Personally I agree with Bernadette as well thinking a stud on the nose can look cute. I also think an eyebrow ring can as well, though as stated earlier I think in a professional setting they should be limited to the ears, more so if it's a setting that involves patients or customers.

Something else to consider at the complications that can occur with piercings in areas other than ears as shown by these two links.

www.med.ucla.edu

tattoos.lovetoknow.com

Posts 11 - 20 of 20