Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: Shara, I don't cook using recipes because I learned how to cook since I was a little girl. F...
(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: Shara,

I don't cook using recipes because I learned how to cook since I was a little girl. For appetizer, it could be something with tropical fruits. The main course could be a dish with rice and for desert a "flan".
--hide--

LOL. Me too. Sometimes when I approach a chef they ask what did you have in mind and ask for a recipe so I was just asking just in case you had any. Mainly I am just trying to figure which ethnic or regional food themes might appeal to the masses and or be popular. Sincerely appreciate the input.

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I think New Orleans style for Fat Tuesday. Gumbo, Bananas Foster, King Cake, Beignets somethin...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

I think New Orleans style for Fat Tuesday. Gumbo, Bananas Foster, King Cake, Beignets something along those lines.

LOL. Me too. Sometimes when I approach a chef they ask what did you have in mind and ask for a recipe so I was just asking just in case you had any. Mainly I am just trying to figure which ethnic or regional food themes might appeal to the masses and or be popular. Sincerely appreciate the input.

--hide--

Jan 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: That sounds great and yummy. I not very good at crepes and may need to step up my game. We usua...

That sounds great and yummy. I not very good at crepes and may need to step up my game. We usually do some extra nights outside of the main event with smaller groups so that might be great then. We did one on fancy cupcake decorating and that was fun. I am not sure how a chef might react to making crepes for 200+ women. Keep thinking and I truly appreciate the ideas.

--hide--

Shari,

Erin's idea sounds great. Crepes are eeeeasy to make and they sound fun and romantic for a date night.
Jan 7th 2013 new

Whatever his favorite dish is!!

However, I once cooked the perfect pair of filet mignon, wrapped in thick bacon and seared in butter before broiling, and served with a beautiful buttery bleu cheese sauce I threw together, and some asparagus. I made this for my ex and would love to learn how to make it again for that special someone, because it was amazing, and I wasn't paying attention to how I did it!! It was my first time making it LOL first time cooking any kind of steak!

Oh my I would love to learn how to make a beautiful couple of cornish hens, with a sweetened charred glaze, and maybe some garlicky oiled salad greens !! I'm getting hungry now surprised

Jan 7th 2013 new

But maybe for something less pricey and convoluted: I like the crepe idea!!! Also, fruity chutney and pita chips, or maybe a delicious compote? Experiment with rice? I ocne cooked rice in pineapple juice and added fresh plums- very yummy!

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: That is actually Jamaican food but I like your thinking. I may just have to tell Fr. Mar...

That is actually Jamaican food but I like your thinking. I may just have to tell Fr. Marty that I met you on CM so that he can give you a call to come back to recollections.

--hide--

Thanks. I go to the ones in Cleveland.

Jan 7th 2013 new
My favorite thing is to bake cheesecake is my favorite thing to make
Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-930276 said: My favorite thing is to bake cheesecake is my favorite thing to make
(Quote) Joan-930276 said: My favorite thing is to bake cheesecake is my favorite thing to make
--hide--

you'll find your way into a man's heart with that!

Jan 7th 2013 new

A nice spagetti dinner and some nice red Dado wine!

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: A nice spagetti dinner and some nice red Dado wine!
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

A nice spagetti dinner and some nice red Dado wine!

--hide--

stay out of dad's wine. mom rations it out as it is. get your own dago red!! wink

Posts 11 - 20 of 34