Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I am sorry to say but this topic is far out of reach and should not be on here.
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

I am sorry to say but this topic is far out of reach and should not be on here.

--hide--

Why shouldn't the topic be here? Obviously, what Mary is looking for is inappropriate; however, that doesn't make the question inappropriate.

This can and should be an opportunity to exercise charity and a teaching moment.

Jan 7th 2013 new

I'm going to make some popcorn...

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Why shouldn't the topic be here? Obviously, what Mary is looking for is inappropriate...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Why shouldn't the topic be here? Obviously, what Mary is looking for is inappropriate; however, that doesn't make the question inappropriate.

This can and should be an opportunity to exercise charity and a teaching moment.

--hide--

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I am sorry to say but this topic is far out of r...

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

I am sorry to say but this topic is far out of reach and should not be on here.

--hide--

Your just antagonizing the topic Jerry. Here is your moment to teach it.

Jan 7th 2013 new

Jerry- I disagree with the original post about her friend looking for a homosexual relationship on CM. I fully support people learning from each other, participating in fellowship, and all that. Unfortuantely, this is not the place to look for a romantic homosexual relationship. We are absolutely entitled to our own opinions, but I strongly believe that what the original poster's friend is looking for is directly counter to what the Church teaches.

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: The lifestyle discussed does not reflect my personal views!!!My best friend is a lesbian, ...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

The lifestyle discussed does not reflect my personal views!!!

My best friend is a lesbian, and she is Catholic. She accepts nearly all of the tenants of faith (like, she has no problem with same-sex atrtaction obvs, and she also is okay for the morning after pill....otherwise everything she believes in at face value) She has been in a couple abusive relationships, and I told her about how supportive CM is. It occured to me that since there are non-annulled or otherwise not free-to-marry folks on here, there might be one for same-sex matching, but I didn't see one. I definitely understand if is there is not a same-sex search option, and I am not pushing for one, but I am simply asking: is there one, or is there another method for her to meet other Catholic lesbian women, and are there any underground gay groups on this site? Her Catholic faith, she says, comes before her homosexuality. She wants a relationship where they grow in faith (however they choose to pursue it... -shrug-) and go to church together. I feel sorry for her that she has pigeon-holed herself into female attraction only, but also into such a lifestyle where it is so difficult to find someone to love. It's hard enough for the rest of us, I can't imagine trying to in her case...

--hide--

Mary, this post is rather confusing. You say that her Catholic faith comes before her sexual orientation, but you also say she has no problem with same-sex attraction.

There is no same-sex matching capability. Searches do allow the gender to be specified; however, to use this feature to attempt to identify members to contact for the purpose of initiating a same-sex relationship would be in violation of sections 6.1 and 6.13 of the Terms of Service:

6.1 You agree not to transmit any unlawful, harassing, libelous, privacy invading, sexually and/or racially offensive, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.

6.13 You agree not to contact any CatholicMatch member for the purposes of activities contrary to Catholic moral teaching. You further agree not to contact any CatholicMatch member for the purpose of restricting their activities in support of Catholic doctrine.

www.catholicmatch.com

With regard to 6.1, some of the responses to your post so far should make it clear that many members would consider such contact to be sexually offensive or objectionable.

I don't see any reason why your friend could not create a "seeking friendship only" profile and use CM to learn more about the Catholic faith and to interact with other Catholic, and even to participate in CM group activities. I don't think it would be very productive on her part to come here attempting to make a political statement about homosexuality or to find a female "friend". If she is in need of Catholic support specifically related to her same-sex attraction, an organization such as Courage (couragerc.net ) would seem to be more appropriate.

Praying for your friend.

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Emily-747525 said: Jerry- I disagree with the original post about her friend looking for a homosexual relationship o...
(Quote) Emily-747525 said:

Jerry- I disagree with the original post about her friend looking for a homosexual relationship on CM. I fully support people learning from each other, participating in fellowship, and all that. Unfortuantely, this is not the place to look for a romantic homosexual relationship. We are absolutely entitled to our own opinions, but I strongly believe that what the original poster's friend is looking for is directly counter to what the Church teaches.

--hide--

Emily, your opinion is perfectly fine and well-grounded. My point is that we can explain that without demanding that the topic be deleted, as some have done both here and via the Report Post function.

Jan 7th 2013 new

No, I don't think she should claim ot be Catholic, but I also think anybody who doesn't believe in the Assumption of Mary can call themselves Catohlic. Or who support birth control should. Or who don't believe in Papal Infallibility- yet, they are welcome on this website, by checking "No" on the faith questions? Hmmmmm....

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Mary, this post is rather confusing. You say that her Catholic faith comes before her sex...

Mary, this post is rather confusing. You say that her Catholic faith comes before her sexual orientation, but you also say she has no problem with same-sex attraction.

There is no same-sex matching capability. Searches do allow the gender to be specified; however, to use this feature to attempt to identify members to contact for the purpose of initiating a same-sex relationship would be in violation of sections 6.1 and 6.13 of the Terms of Service:

6.1 You agree not to transmit any unlawful, harassing, libelous, privacy invading, sexually and/or racially offensive, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.

6.13 You agree not to contact any CatholicMatch member for the purposes of activities contrary to Catholic moral teaching. You further agree not to contact any CatholicMatch member for the purpose of restricting their activities in support of Catholic doctrine.

www.catholicmatch.com

With regard to 6.1, some of the responses to your post so far should make it clear that many members would consider such contact to be sexually offensive or objectionable.

I don't see any reason why your friend could not create a "seeking friendship only" profile and use CM to learn more about the Catholic faith and to interact with other Catholic, and even to participate in CM group activities. I don't think it would be very productive on her part to come here attempting to make a political statement about homosexuality or to find a female "friend". If she is in need of Catholic support specifically related to her same-sex attraction, an organization such as Courage (couragerc.net ) would seem to be more appropriate.

for your friend.

--hide--

Thank you, Jerry, that's what I was looking for. I will let her know what you said! You get a Gold Star!

Jan 7th 2013 new

I believe I have answered the original questions. Given the scope of the Community Help forum, I have now locked the topic to prevent ti from going further astray.

Mary, if you have any questions about my response, please feel free to send me a message.

Posts 11 - 19 of 19