Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Eucharistic Adoration

Jan 7th 2013 new

I've really love to love time in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament it gives me clarity and elevates my heart and mind to Jesus Praying but I did have a question. Although I see biblical references to transubtantiation as far as consuming the sacrament I don't see anything in regards to displaying the bread.

So what is the reasoning behind displaying the Blessed Sacrament for Adoration? I'm just asking this to be prepared to defend it.

Jan 7th 2013 new

it's wonderful to spend time with the one we love most of all. adoration gives us that opportunity.

Jan 9th 2013 new

Hi Joseph,

I heard a talk on that a few times. The cult of Eucharistic Adoration is only done in the western church. It started in the middle ages, about 1100 or so. At that time a lot of people only received communion once a year or so, so seeing the Eucharist became very important.

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-903200 said: I've really love to love time in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament it gives me clarity a...
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said:

I've really love to love time in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament it gives me clarity and elevates my heart and mind to Jesus but I did have a question. Although I see biblical references to transubtantiation as far as consuming the sacrament I don't see anything in regards to displaying the bread.

So what is the reasoning behind displaying the Blessed Sacrament for Adoration? I'm just asking this to be prepared to defend it.

--hide--

Joseph, this might be of interest for you:

rcspiritualdirection.com

theheart

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-903200 said: I've really love to love time in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament it gives me clarity a...

I've really love to love time in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament it gives me clarity and elevates my heart and mind to Jesus but I did have a question. Although I see biblical references to transubtantiation as far as consuming the sacrament I don't see anything in regards to displaying the bread.

--hide--

and this one: rcspiritualdirection.com

I am off to holy mass now ... theheart

Jan 14th 2013 new

www.therealpresence.org

Hope this helps

Jan 17th 2013 new
One other reason may be that we are visual beings. Like the hymn says, "taste and see the goodness of the Lord". Emphasis for this question on the word see. Just a thought.
Jan 26th 2013 new

--hide--

Joseph, Thank you for starting this... Eucharistic Adoration has become one of my greatest discoveries as a Catholic... Certainly can't say enough about it and the graces I receive through spending time with our Lord.

Found this link... may have already seen it...
www.therealpresence.org

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Marie-933144 said: Joseph, Thank you for starting this... Eucharistic Adoration has become one of my gre...
(Quote) Marie-933144 said:

Joseph, Thank you for starting this... Eucharistic Adoration has become one of my greatest discoveries as a Catholic... Certainly can't say enough about it and the graces I receive through spending time with our Lord.

Found this link... may have already seen it...
www.therealpresence.org

--hide--

I realize my last post came out the same as what someone posted just before... I thought it would be more specific... But I did find this list of Scripture/Church teachings on why to make a Holy Hour that I've always loved...

www.ourmotheroftheeucharist.org

when click into site, go all the way to bottom and click on subtitle for the link to Scripture/Church teachings :)

Posts 1 - 9 of 9