Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 5th 2013 new

The above article is very good.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: www.dailymail.co.uk.
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

www.dailymail.co.uk

--hide--
Hi Marian, actually a very interesting article. Are there any studies, polls, surveys etc. to support that position ?

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Marian, actually a very interesting article. Are there any studies, polls, surveys etc. to su...
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Hi Marian, actually a very interesting article. Are there any studies, polls, surveys etc. to support that position ?

--hide--

It is indeed a very good article - one with which I wholeheartedly agree. There were many statistics and polls cited i the article.

The sexual revolution really hurt my generation. Look at the divorce rates and single parent rates among us. It's a complete disaster. I am trying to raise my boys with the ideals of the generation before the sexual revolution!

Feb 7th 2013 new

www.dailymail.co.uk

--hide--

All one has to do is look around them to see the damage the most destructive generation in history has wrought.

The worst aspect is that it is that generation which is now controlling things. Hence we have "Gay Marriage", legalized dope ( as we used to say, there is a reason it is called dope), in a few states like mine. Denial of religious liberty, good people being labeled as Nazis by those who are, in fact, the Nazis. Political correctness run rampant, degeneracy considered as a moral good. The destruction of the foundation of civilization, the family.

The list goes on and on.

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: All one has to do is look around them to see the damage the most destructive generation i...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

All one has to do is look around them to see the damage the most destructive generation in history has wrought.

The worst aspect is that it is that generation which is now controlling things. Hence we have "Gay Marriage", legalized dope ( as we used to say, there is a reason it is called dope), in a few states like mine. Denial of religious liberty, good people being labeled as Nazis by those who are, in fact, the Nazis. Political correctness run rampant, degeneracy considered as a moral good. The destruction of the foundation of civilization, the family.

The list goes on and on.

--hide--

I just have to say, I totally agree with you, Paul. I can't believe how many times I have been called a Nazi by hard leftists who believe in government control over everything and oppression of Christians. It's shocking. We're living in Orwell's 1984. The doublespeak is astounding!

Feb 10th 2013 new

www.dailymail.co.uk

--hide--
It created sex as a "god"....warped a lot of young minds who then warped a lot of young minds, etc....definitely hurt so many.

Feb 10th 2013 new

www.dailymail.co.uk

--hide--

Thanks for posting. While the sexual revolution was definitely a hot mess and has done a great disservice to many people to day (reaping the sins of the parents, I suppose), there has definitely been a push-back recently, especially in the social media realm. I'm seeing a lot of Catholic/Christian blogs, FB pages, youtube videos, etc encouraging chastity, modesty, etc. Even some more secular writers are countering the pro-feminist rhetoric that encouraged women to "have sex like a man" or shack up before marriage. Sadly, there will be many casualties but I am hopeful that society as a whole will wake up.

Feb 11th 2013 new

www.dailymail.co.uk

--hide--

I have read that all of the crazyness of the 1960's was spirred on by leftists to run down the morality of our country:
Women's Lib, Abortion, Equality for Women in the home, AntiVietnam agenda, drugs, sexual freedom, doing what feels good,
hatred for authority, mistrust of anyone over 30, music with sexual suggestions, the homosexual revolution, etc.

And looking back, it was the beginning of a severe breakdown of morality.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9