Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 8th 2013 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: And how well did their parents react to that??
(Quote) David-364112 said:

And how well did their parents react to that??

--hide--

David, how goes it?. I know your question above is directed to John, but honestly, not all Middle Eastern parents are closed minded. I dated an Iraqi guy albeit briefly, and did meet his folks, my ex- boyfriend is married to an Iranian woman, as are two of my female friends married to middle eastern guys...these are people I' m very close to and have interacted with their families on many occasions. Besides, two of my own brothers are married to Indian woman who by all accounts marry intra- culturally, yet my in- laws and my family are very well integrated, one of my brothers spends more time in India than in my native country, living with the in- laws. So it really depends at the end of the day on a case by case basis.
Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Renai-414828 said: David, how goes it?. I know your question above is directed to John, but honestly, not all Middl...
(Quote) Renai-414828 said:

David, how goes it?. I know your question above is directed to John, but honestly, not all Middle Eastern parents are closed minded. I dated an Iraqi guy albeit briefly, and did meet his folks, my ex- boyfriend is married to an Iranian woman, as are two of my female friends married to middle eastern guys...these are people I' m very close to and have interacted with their families on many occasions. Besides, two of my own brothers are married to Indian woman who by all accounts marry intra- culturally, yet my in- laws and my family are very well integrated, one of my brothers spends more time in India than in my native country, living with the in- laws. So it really depends at the end of the day on a case by case basis.
--hide--

From my own observations and experiences over the years I have always been under the impression that Middle Eastern women were, by far, more strongly encouraged (i.e. pressured) to marry within their own culture than the men, who were largely given free reign to marry anyone they choose.

At least that's been my observation. smile

theheart

Jan 8th 2013 new

Thank you all for your responses. You are so encouraging and it's nice to have the forums as a source of support for one another.

Jan 10th 2013 new

I think dark-skinned women are generally very attractive, especially ones of African and S.E. Asian (does that include a couple attractive young adult Filipino gals in nursing, where I work?) descent. Of course, like ones of my own race, I would be considering facial structure for dating relationships (as opposed to friendships), regarding attractiveness, which does not have to be anything like a white woman's. Of course, her heart and soul has to be good or very much working at it. I think ones of African descent and Africans (we have them working, mostly in nursing, at the nursing home, where I'm employed in Activities) pull off overweight and older woman (no, I'm not checking out the dark, female residents...LOL) gracefully. Maybe I lost some white prospects, but I'm being honest and probably a dork...LOL. I live in KC, BTW, if one knows a solidly Catholic gal nearby. The problem living here is most Black (can I say that?) women are Protestant and I find it best, if it goes futher, to have a unified faith, and it seems so many from Asia are Buddhist, Muslim, Protestant or offshoot of mainstream Christian faiths (if the offshoot is Christian) or nothing (more the case in E. Asia, these days, I think).

Jan 10th 2013 new

My brother is dating an african american woman. He tells he how well she treats him. That's all I care about.

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Katty-898923 said:To get to the point, my question is, I know (and I'm not just saying that) I'm a beautiful da...
(Quote) Katty-898923 said:
To get to the point, my question is, I know (and I'm not just saying that) I'm a beautiful dark woman, but how realistic is it to expect a white man to seriously consider an interracial relationship? Please tell me that I'm crazy in thinking that, at least online, white men are looking for someone whose color will fit nicely in their family's picture?

--hide--

I was dating a very nice young woman originally from Nigeria for 6weeks not too long ago. I had no issues with her being so dark in contrast to my blinding snowy white. If we matched more closely in values and the faith (we mutually agreed to stop seeing each other) the only two real issues related to race long term would have been.

One, will I be able to put up with the ostracizing I got from black men who would totally ignore me and only address her when we were together, and two can I handle having children that will be very dark and in my mind run the risk of wanting to be a part of american black culture (yes I'm sort of generalizing here as not everyone is a part of that, but it is prevalent enough to cause concern for me) which has rap, violence, and other things as its main tenants.

There are lighter skinned men who are open to relationships with women of any background as long as their values and faith are similar to theirs. Keep praying for God to send you a spouse and I'm sure He will answer.
rosary Praying

Jan 10th 2013 new

I have no issue with race or skin color and have dated women with a differnet skin color and of other races....though no green/purple.....yet???

Jan 10th 2013 new

I've honestly never understood why anybody would limit their dating pool based on skin color. I can sort of see cultural differences becoming an issue, but if there's a connection and they share the same basic set of values, they can work it out. The way I see it: a BMW is a BMW, whether it's jet black or hot pink.

Seriously, don't get discouraged. Just keep praying, and you'll find a good man.

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Charles-582940 said: I've honestly never understood why anybody would limit their dating pool based on skin colo...
(Quote) Charles-582940 said:

I've honestly never understood why anybody would limit their dating pool based on skin color.

--hide--

Thanks for your reply, Charles. Just to clarify, I'm more open to dating all sorts of different men than my post made it sound. I would also add that when I look at the dating pool, most men really are white where I live and online. And the few black men are not what I'm looking for and NOT because of skin color. I love my color!

Jan 10th 2013 new

I share comments that a person's values, faith and principles is more important than their cultural background. I also believe, based on experience that we have a tendency to be attracted based on appearances and also characteristics of a person which could be a fruit of their culture.

Frankly the race of a person should not matter so much. I am generally attracted to caucasian men and that means not all caucasian may be open to dating an Asian, there are many who are and generally most are opened to this. wink At the same time I do not discount great Godly men within my own culture.

In the end, may God's will superceeds mine.

Keep that faith and pray for your man daily.

Posts 11 - 20 of 37