Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Maria-907776 said: David - Handsome, Yes! Beauty is in they eye of the beholder.
(Quote) Maria-907776 said: David - Handsome, Yes! Beauty is in they eye of the beholder.
--hide--

Sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.... laughing

theheart

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Maybe we could formulate another perspective on how NOT flirting would be an occasion of sin. A...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Maybe we could formulate another perspective on how NOT flirting would be an occasion of sin. Any takers?

--hide--

Okay, I'll start. Hopefully I'm not pushing the envelope too far, eyebrow but I think when there is a cute guy around NOT flirting would be an occasion of sin because it would be a sin not to let him know how cute he is. wink Is that flirty enough?

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and sometimes beauty is in...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beer holder....

--hide--
This just begs the question...."How many beers does it take to drink one "purty"? wink laughing laughing beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

Jan 8th 2013 new

But seriously, I have noticed since I have been in these forums that there is for the most part a decided lack of flirting in here. I was just surprised, that's all. It broke my stereotype of what a forum on a dating site might be like. Perhaps it is an indication of the respect that persons have for one another here. But at the same time, a little more flirting wouldn't hurt! Perhaps if people flirted more in the forums there would be more matching and emoting (electronically) going on!

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Okay, I'll start. Hopefully I'm not pushing the envelope too far, but I th...

Okay, I'll start. Hopefully I'm not pushing the envelope too far, but I think when there is a cute guy around NOT flirting would be an occasion of sin because it would be a sin not to let him know how cute he is. Is that flirty enough?

--hide--

That's not "flirting", that's an empty-headed suppilation intended to motivate you to act.

"Flirting" isn't a process, it's the manner and tone in which you communicate directly with another. It's in your words, mannerisms, facial expressions, and body language. It's all-encompassing. In a way it's a platonic type of snuggling with a potential mate without the actual physical contact. If you understand that concept then you'll understand what flirting really is.

The most important thing though... the minute you make a concerted effort to flirt you have already failed. Like good comedy, it has to come naturally and from within. "Worked" comedy is hardly humorous... "worked" flirting isn't much better.

Be yourself. Nothing will ever be more attractive to a man than that. biggrin

theheart

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: That's not "flirting", that's an empty-headed suppilation intende...

That's not "flirting", that's an empty-headed suppilation intended to motivate you to act.

--hide--

Say what? What's suppilation? Just looked it up - didn't find it in the dictionary. boggled

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: That's not "flirting", that's an empty-headed suppilation intended to motivate...

"Flirting" isn't a process, it's the manner and tone in which you communicate directly with another. It's in your words, mannerisms, facial expressions, and body language. It's all-encompassing. In a way it's a platonic type of snuggling with a potential mate without the actual physical contact. If you understand that concept then you'll understand what flirting really is.

The most important thing though... the minute you make a concerted effort to flirt you have already failed. Like good comedy, it has to come naturally and from within. "Worked" comedy is hardly humorous... "worked" flirting isn't much better.

Be yourself. Nothing will ever be more attractive to a man than that.

--hide--
Hmm. So was my previous post in this thread an example of an "empty-headed suppilation"? (and did you mean "supplication"?)

Jan 8th 2013 new

i love it when a man winks! esp when you least expect it.

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Nothing whatsoever. Flirt away. Some killjoys will descend on this thread...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Nothing whatsoever. Flirt away.

Some killjoys will descend on this thread to remind you that innocent flirtation is an occasion of sin. Take that in whatever manner you like.

So I don't get hauled out by the ear, please note that flirtation must take place between people eligible to marry and be carried on in a manner which is not sexual. OK Chastity Squad - are you happy now?

--hide--

David, are you acting up again laughing wink Finally, a thread I can relate to. Girls must Battling eyelashes and men must Gone Fishing! It's all part of God's plan biggrin

OK, no killjoys please, us kids are having fun!

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I am at home sick today and I've love to start a conversation! Is there anything wrong with...

I am at home sick today and I've love to start a conversation! Is there anything wrong with flirting? What exactly is considered flirting? What effect does flirting have on men? (just wondering!) If you thought "this man/woman is flirting with me," what would they be doing? Are there times when flirting is acceptable?

--hide--

Hello Kristen! I hope you begin to feel better very soon, so you get out here and continue flirting with the gents. biggrin

I would say, no, absolutely not - there is nothing wrong with flirting. Sending a wink, giving a compliment, batting your eyelashes, yes, even giving a guy a light whack on the arm (If you've ever seen "Hitch," he tells guys that getting hit on the arm is a good thing - lol) are all forms of flirting, and I don't think any of us flirt the same way. Just be who are you are, and watch your own fliratitious self emerge and charm the men off their feet. shhh

Posts 31 - 40 of 200