Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look" have even the remotest chance of getting some interest from you? Are we forever doomed because of genetics to be left on the sidelines of romantic life??? ... Can our charming personality and simple all -around goodness make up for what we lack externally? ... Or, is it that no matter how hard we try and no matter how nice we are (courteous, considerate, funny, Christian, etc, etc, etc), we will never make be able to overcome our obvious physical deficiences??? ... Again, be honest, we can take it ....or at least I think we can (smile) ...

Guys, if you too want to share your thoughts, feel free ...

01/08/2013 new

It's all relative. Someone who I might find attractive could be considered a hideous beast to another. And really, personality does affect physical attractiveness. That guy who gets the sand kicked in his face? Well, he suddenly becomes kinda cute when he opens his mouth and talks about TMBG or something else that's sweetly nerdy. smile

01/08/2013 new

Come on now, Richard. You are an attractive guy....

01/08/2013 new

(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: It's all relative. Someone who I might find attractive could be considered a hideous beast ...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

It's all relative. Someone who I might find attractive could be considered a hideous beast to another. And really, personality does affect physical attractiveness. That guy who gets the sand kicked in his face? Well, he suddenly becomes kinda cute when he opens his mouth and talks about TMBG or something else that's sweetly nerdy.

--hide--

Ugh! I hate that sand!!!

01/08/2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-355103 said: Come on now, Richard. You are an attractive guy....
(Quote) Kathy-355103 said:

Come on now, Richard. You are an attractive guy....

--hide--

Hi Kathy .... but what about the question????

01/08/2013 new

I am going to try to be honest at the risk of upsetting someone: :crying;

Get to the gym and show that you are taking care of yourself. Be cognisant about how attraction has to go both ways. If you find yourself attracted only to slim or certian shaped women, than it stands to reason that men should also find ways to banish the extra weight in the gut and jowls the same way you expect a women to do. It goes both ways. I hope I have not made anyone exceedingly upset by my most honest comments. These are issues we all deal with because we are all aging. It is a fact.

Allow me to explain more. I think women can be tolerant of some of the aging in men if they see effot being made. If the man agrees to walk with her regularly and diet together, if the couple can work together on this- there is GREAT chance for lots of attraction. Women respond to emotional connection and then maybe physiucal. But if a guy is not doing any maintenance it is hard to imagine getting close. Do something is what i say.

01/08/2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I am going to try to be honest at the risk of upsetting someone: :crying;Get to the gym a...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I am going to try to be honest at the risk of upsetting someone: :crying;

Get to the gym and show that you are taking care of yourself. Be cognisant about how attraction has to go both ways. If you find yourself attracted only to slim or certian shaped women, than it stands to reason that men should also find ways to banish the extra weight in the gut and jowls the same way you expect a women to do. It goes both ways. I hope I have not made anyone exceedingly upset by my most honest comments. These are issues we all deal with because we are all aging. It is a fact.

Allow me to explain more. I think women can be tolerant of some of the aging in men if they see effot being made. If the man agrees to walk with her regularly and diet together, if the couple can work together on this- there is GREAT chance for lots of attraction. Women respond to emotional connection and then maybe physiucal. But if a guy is not doing any maintenance it is hard to imagine getting close. Do something is what i say.

--hide--

That's an honest answer ... No need for anyone to be upset! Very good!

01/08/2013 new

Oh and my comments were not directed to you becaue I think your picture is very old and I have no idea how you look at all. I am directing this to all the men out there who have not had an honest talk with themselves in front of the mirror.

I know a local man who I made exceptions for because I love his amazing intellect. After Christmas I saw him and he has put on more weight. In order to gain my interest or have a relationship- I would need to se eboth of us working on it together or at least working on it.

So rather than gaze at your navel about this, I would suggest that a guy "Just do it."

01/08/2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Oh and my comments were not directed to you becaue I think your picture is very old and I have no...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Oh and my comments were not directed to you becaue I think your picture is very old and I have no idea how you look at all. I am directing this to all the men out there who have not had an honest talk with themselves in front of the mirror.

I know a local man who I made exceptions for because I love his amazing intellect. After Christmas I saw him and he has put on more weight. In order to gain my interest or have a relationship- I would need to se eboth of us working on it together or at least working on it.

So rather than gaze at your navel about this, I would suggest that a guy "Just do it."

--hide--

Well, obviously, I don't look too good or I wouldn't have started such a thread .... Just trying to get some insight on things and possibilities ...

01/08/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Oh and my comments were not directed to you be...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Well, obviously, I don't look too good or I wouldn't have started such a thread .... Just trying to get some insight on things and possibilities ...

--hide--

Don't be self critical Richard! If you take any kind of measure, you will be better. BUT PLEASE don't be self critical. Use the energy to take a walk. men can boost their metabolism very quickly and have results very quickly. Moving around even walking is a great help. We all have to deal with this. We know as women we have to deal with this carefully. We normally don't talk about it in terms of men. I know married couples who do the work together. I would be a shared effort between two people. It is normal and not shameful to address this. Keeo your chin up!

Posts 1 - 10 of 146