Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 1st 2013 new

BINGO.
I wish I had a photo of my late husband to show you. He was weird-looking. BUT -- he had a kind heart and a generous nature. That's really all a person needs.

Mar 1st 2013 new

Yes, but only if he has a heart of gold. I had a friend who I could have sworn was a saint. I wasn't physically attracted to him, but I ended up falling very hard for him because he was so wonderful. I never told him and he never asked, so the crush died eventually. I don't think it would have worked for many reasons other than lack of physical attraction. He is married now. I knew this other guy who I thought was kind of cute, but the more I got to know him, the more his lack of character repulsed me. Looks can help jumpstart a relationship, but they can't carry it all the way. Character and personality and possibly a steady job are more important to me now.

Mar 16th 2013 new

Anybody else out there who woud date an unattractive guy? Honestly?

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Anybody else out there who woud date an unattractive guy? Honestly?
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

--hide--

Geezzzzzz!! Would you STOP with describing yourself as unattractive?? How attractive do you think it is to think so little of yourself?

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Ladies & Gentlemen who have responded ... A lot of good insights into different perspectives...

Ladies & Gentlemen who have responded ... A lot of good insights into different perspectives ... Dare I say that the world would be a better place if more of the people "out there" looked at things a bit more like people do "on here" .... Very interesting, indeed

--hide--

I think that women can be very forgiving toward the fading looks of a man if they know he is a good, honest, loyal, loving man and if he has a great personality. I don't think women are as hard to please as a man may think. Furthermore, men can always work out more than they do(even walking) and through this- both persons may be more delighted with one another. A man and a woman can support each other in both becoming healthier and improving their appearance. Appearance is not as important as personality.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Richard-15378 said: Anybody else out there who woud date an unattra...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Richard-15378 said:

Geezzzzzz!! Would you STOP with describing yourself as unattractive?? How attractive do you think it is to think so little of yourself?

--hide--
Exactly.Many women find many qualities attractive in men besides "good looks".Sense of humor,etc.Some like the caveman look too. laughing

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Anybody else out there who woud date an unattractive guy? Honestly?

--hide--

Don't refer to yourself this way. Yes many women would date many men no matter what they look like if they try to be a good man.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I think that women can be very forgiving toward the fading looks of a man if they know he...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I think that women can be very forgiving toward the fading looks of a man if they know he is a good, honest, loyal, loving man and if he has a great personality. I don't think women are as hard to please as a man may think. Furthermore, men can always work out more than they do(even walking) and through this- both persons may be more delighted with one another. A man and a woman can support each other in both becoming healthier and improving their appearance. Appearance is not as important as personality.

--hide--
Exactly.Bottom line ,every woman just wants a man,so they have somone to tell what to do.Lol! laughing duck

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: Yes, but only if he has a heart of gold. I had a friend who I could have sworn was a saint. I wa...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

Yes, but only if he has a heart of gold. I had a friend who I could have sworn was a saint. I wasn't physically attracted to him, but I ended up falling very hard for him because he was so wonderful. I never told him and he never asked, so the crush died eventually. I don't think it would have worked for many reasons other than lack of physical attraction. He is married now. I knew this other guy who I thought was kind of cute, but the more I got to know him, the more his lack of character repulsed me. Looks can help jumpstart a relationship, but they can't carry it all the way. Character and personality and possibly a steady job are more important to me now.

--hide--

Hannah has explained this so much more beautifully and with such feeling that it should convince many men here that it can happen.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Don't refer to yourself this way. Yes many women would date many men no matter what t...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Don't refer to yourself this way. Yes many women would date many men no matter what they look like if they try to be a good man.

--hide--
www.sleepwarrior.com

Posts 101 - 110 of 146