Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 17th 2013 new

Honestly, just meeting a guy to begin with, not knowing much (if anything) about his personality, a woman is going to be attracted (or not attracted) to good looks, whatever that means to each individual woman. Tastes differ; as was stated already, what is drop-dead-gorgeous to one woman may be loathsome to another. As they say, it's all in the eye of the beholder. :)

I don't think it's a lost cause for the man if he doesn't have the looks a woman typically looks for or is attracted to. Yes, the man will probably have to work harder to impress the good points of his personality, and it might take a while for the woman to come around. That's why it's best to always start out with friendship, since then people get to know each other without the "burden" of trying to feel something more. Just don't rush a woman - that's the fastest way to send her running in the opposite direction. ;)

Mar 17th 2013 new
Richard I have known many women who are attracted to more than a mans appearance.Ladies love confidence, humor and a good listner
Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Patty-361409 said: Richard I have known many women who are attracted to more than a mans appearance.Ladies love confidence,...
(Quote) Patty-361409 said: Richard I have known many women who are attracted to more than a mans appearance.Ladies love confidence, humor and a good listner
--hide--

That's very good news, Patty!

Mar 18th 2013 new

I hope so, for my sake. wink

Mar 21st 2013 new

Hi Richard, I was so sorry to hear about your parish closing, my condolences.

As a woman, I have had heard many women discuss men they find attractive or would like to date. Tastes really do vary; there is no exact standard of handsomeness to conform to.

From the one picture of you on your profile I would call you a good looking guy. Honestly as long as a person is clean and presentable they are likely someone's type. The most bias I have heard from women is with regards to height. Often that can be quite arbitrary where women, unfortunately do not even want to get to know someone because they insist on dating someone of a certain height or taller but those same women may be attracted to men with very different looks.

Being a bit overweight myself (yes I try to be healthy and am walking/jogging to battle the effects of my sedentary job) I tend to be more relaxed with guys who are a bit overweight too. It just seems like they are in the same boat and if we are both dealing with the same thing it may not be such an issue. As a woman, even though I try to make healthy choices and do exercise, I am sure there are guys who are not comfortable with me being overweight.

Back to your question women will most likely not date a guy they personally find unattractive. However we all have different opinions on who is attractive. If you ask a group of women what men they consider to be attractive you will get many, very different responses. As other posters have commented confidence, sense of humor, charm, integrity, values all of these play a role in what men women find attractive.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Is it fair to talk about men being attracted to pretty women? Seems like the thread is about women being attracted to pretty men, or not. Would I date a women that wasn't attractive?

Well, I dated a woman who was a model in San Francisco. I'd take her out to dinner and people would actually stop and ask her if she was a model. I don't think she was naturally pretty she just knew how to present herself to make the most of her assets. She had help from the medical community get the look she had. I don't know exactly what she had done, but she had more than a face lift and Botox. I really think many women could look better than they do if they would dress to flatter their figure, take the time to fix their hair and smile. It is amazing how good you look when you are enjoying yourself.

How about this. Is it possible that, as you get to know someone, they will smile, or look at you in a special way and a connection is made. You find them attractive.

But I know I have a hard time dating women that are not attractive. My screw-up. I am working on it. So ladies, if it were up to me CM would not have pictures. You would have to attract me by what you write, or say.

By the way, it cost Mimi about $20,000/year for the Botox and all the other stuff she got from her doctor, and that was just for her face. You then figure in a $7,500 treadmill and perfume at $1,000 a bottle and you start understanding the cost of beauty. That is just the $ aspect. She ran for several hours every day on that fancy treadmill. She was in good shape, she was able to keep up with me when we went hiking.

Funny how she wants me back after not dating for years. I just refuse to be associated with her lifestyle, too self-centered, or expensive. I do miss the way she smelled. I have no idea why she wants to go out with me. She looks about 40, I look about 60. I am grey, she has highlights. My highlights are darker streaks in my grey. Grey is a color that will never be associated with her head, except maybe in a hat.

Just a guy's observation about attractive women.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look" have even the remotest chance of getting some interest from you? Are we forever doomed because of genetics to be left on the sidelines of romantic life??? ... Can our charming personality and simple all -around goodness make up for what we lack externally? ... Or, is it that no matter how hard we try and no matter how nice we are (courteous, considerate, funny, Christian, etc, etc, etc), we will never make be able to overcome our obvious physical deficiences??? ... Again, be honest, we can take it ....or at least I think we can (smile) ...

Guys, if you too want to share your thoughts, feel free ...

--hide--

Richard,

I'm a little late in joining this discussion but I will tell you the honest truth from my heart of hearts. First, I honestly believe that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Yes, there are certain looks which more people are prone to find attractive (such as the proverbial talk, dark, and handsome man or volumptuous, blonde bombshell). However, I really think if you are seeking a genuine, Godly woman then looks will not matter as much as they would to a secular woman, or at least one who is not very close to God. I don't quite know if I believe in "soul mates" but I do believe that there can be women out there who are attracted to you--or any other guy--who feels that he is not attractive. In the broad scheme of things, personality, chemistry, similar beliefs, faith in God--those are the things that truly matter. Most people may agree with this but may not live by this, however, some do. Furthermore, from personal experience, if I had to choose between a "hot" guy who was a jerk or a guy who thought he was not very attractive but yet very sweet, strong in his faith, and treated me like a Princess--I'd go with the latter anyday (and often have!).

Mar 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said: Is it fair to talk about men being attracted to pretty women? Seems like the thread is about women being att...
(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said:

Is it fair to talk about men being attracted to pretty women? Seems like the thread is about women being attracted to pretty men, or not. Would I date a women that wasn't attractive?

Well, I dated a woman who was a model in San Francisco. I'd take her out to dinner and people would actually stop and ask her if she was a model. I don't think she was naturally pretty she just knew how to present herself to make the most of her assets. She had help from the medical community get the look she had. I don't know exactly what she had done, but she had more than a face lift and Botox. I really think many women could look better than they do if they would dress to flatter their figure, take the time to fix their hair and smile. It is amazing how good you look when you are enjoying yourself.

How about this. Is it possible that, as you get to know someone, they will smile, or look at you in a special way and a connection is made. You find them attractive.

But I know I have a hard time dating women that are not attractive. My screw-up. I am working on it. So ladies, if it were up to me CM would not have pictures. You would have to attract me by what you write, or say.

By the way, it cost Mimi about $20,000/year for the Botox and all the other stuff she got from her doctor, and that was just for her face. You then figure in a $7,500 treadmill and perfume at $1,000 a bottle and you start understanding the cost of beauty. That is just the $ aspect. She ran for several hours every day on that fancy treadmill. She was in good shape, she was able to keep up with me when we went hiking.

Funny how she wants me back after not dating for years. I just refuse to be associated with her lifestyle, too self-centered, or expensive. I do miss the way she smelled. I have no idea why she wants to go out with me. She looks about 40, I look about 60. I am grey, she has highlights. My highlights are darker streaks in my grey. Grey is a color that will never be associated with her head, except maybe in a hat.

Just a guy's observation about attractive women.

--hide--
Hi Larry. My ex husband was not very handsome but his beautiful heart made him attractive. Over the years, with the many challenges of life, children, losing a child, having a handicapped child, bills, work and him having a dependency on alcohol made it difficult. I was not innocent in all this either as I was busy dealing with all those issues too but was complicated with his dependency, the lying, financial obstacles. Off the subject there for a minute but it is not about the wrinkles or grey hair or the few extra pounds but the way a person makes you feel. I like it when the man would "get me" and enjoy The bantering, my idiocyncricies, my sense of humor, my laugh and inner beauty as well as how I present myself. It all goes back to beauty is in the eye of the beholder or beauty is not just skin deep. Beauty to me is physical, emotional, mental and spiritual and not necessarily in that order. I liked reading your post. Eileen
Mar 22nd 2013 new

Eileen-890971 said: "... it is not about the wrinkles or grey hair or the few extra pounds but the way a person makes you feel. I like it when the man would "get me" and enjoy The bantering, my idiocyncricies, my sense of humor, my laugh and inner beauty as well as how I present myself. It all goes back to beauty is in the eye of the beholder or beauty is not just skin deep. Beauty to me is physical, emotional, mental and spiritual and not necessarily in that order."

I very much agree with this, Eileen! Thank you for putting it into words!

Mar 22nd 2013 new

well if some men have lots and lots money they sure do!

Posts 131 - 140 of 146