Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: From the looks of your picture, I am sure you are not talking about yourself. Bu...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

From the looks of your picture, I am sure you are not talking about yourself. But for those guys you are talking about...remember the story of the Beauty and Beast...She saw his heart and they lived happily ever after.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Yes, Elizabeth, that does give hope to us beastly guys! ... Seriously, it would be neat if we all could look right into someone's heart ... That would make it easy ,,,

Jan 8th 2013 new

The last man I dated was a tad overweight but he was a truly good man and I cared for him very much. He told me he had stopped taking care of himself because he didn't think he would ever meet anyone. He made unhealthy choices (drinking, eating junk, etc) and had no desire to lose weight. I saw his heart and that was all that mattered to me. In the end, he couldn't be with me due to his fear of commitment.

My bottom line - who a man is means more than how he looks. I would rather date an average looking man who made an effort to take care of himself and treated me like gold than a model who forgot my name or was unfaithful.

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said: About 5 years ago when I lived in Columbus, Ohio I was on Match.com and met a very nice guy. Mo...
(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said:

About 5 years ago when I lived in Columbus, Ohio I was on Match.com and met a very nice guy. Most women would call him chubby or overweight. He had a nice smile, but that is about it or so my co-workers said. I didn't care. We had a lot in common. He was Catholic, practicing, seemed liked a good person. In truth, I was pre-occupied with something else going on in my life and we did not click at first. He would not have made the cover of GQ, turned any heads, or set the tongues wagging as he walked by but..... I called him back, which I never do. I told him, I didn't think that I gave him a chance when we went out those couple of times. He asked me, "Why did you call me?" and I answered truthfully, because I am attracted to you as a person and I was really preoccupied when we saw each other before.

We went out a couple of more times. Even though we had a great deal in common, "I" found him attractive and he was Catholic, I discovered his morals were not the best. And that was the end of our relationship.

But I would say yes. I think personally, "I" have to find something I find attractive about someone. But in general it is the personality and the way a man treats me, other people, his family and practices his faith is most important to me. I have said this over and over...... the better a man is on the inside, the better he looks on the outside. And honestly, if I have feelings for a man, no matter what he looks like, no one could look better.

But I wonder, knowing men are very visual, if the question was turned around, do physically unattractive women have a chance with you?

--hide--

Good story ... you gave him a chance, and over time he showed his true colors ...but the point is, you have him a chance rather than rule him out based on appearances ...

To answer my own question (as posed by you), I learned a long time ago that it is only through the passage of time that you can really learn about a person ... I remember when I first started working that there were women there who I would not have been attracted to at first ... Had I only seen them once or twice I would not have thought all that much about them ...it was only after seeing them day after day, in different situations, interacting with people, that you saw that they were kind and nice and caring and easy to talk to (or not) ... Funny how those who were of a gentle, nice character somehow got more attractive over time, while some of the others seemed to magically grow less attractive ..and by some strange coincidence the ones who grew less attractive were those who were rude or a bit aloof or just not the most easygoing ... Yeah, funny how that went ... Hope I've answered my own question (smile) ..

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Sandra-871852 said: www.youtube.com
(Quote) Sandra-871852 said:

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Luv the Muppets!!!

Jan 8th 2013 new

yea, we all have flaws! i went out with a fella that was a below knee amputee. my best friend asked what i saw in him. he was gentle,caring,a giver and boy could he cook! he stole my heart! I LUV U

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: The last man I dated was a tad overweight but he was a truly good man and I cared for him very mu...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

The last man I dated was a tad overweight but he was a truly good man and I cared for him very much. He told me he had stopped taking care of himself because he didn't think he would ever meet anyone. He made unhealthy choices (drinking, eating junk, etc) and had no desire to lose weight. I saw his heart and that was all that mattered to me. In the end, he couldn't be with me due to his fear of commitment.

My bottom line - who a man is means more than how he looks. I would rather date an average looking man who made an effort to take care of himself and treated me like gold than a model who forgot my name or was unfaithful.

--hide--

Your story is a good reflection on you, Susie, though it seems a curious response on his part ... Seems like he had finally met someone and let her slip away ... The great baseball player Mickey Mantle always thought he was going to die young, because the men in his family (father, grandfather, etc) did not live much past 45. So, he decided the heck with it, he was gonna live it up 'cause he wasn't going to be here that long. So he drank a lot and caroused. Turns out he did live longer than he thought, but had become an alcoholic. He later said "If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself" ... So, his expectations sort of did him in ... Sounds like this guy expecting never to meet anyone likewise led him to lose what he could have had .... (Hope that wasn't too long of a story!)

So, anyway, you are to be commended for being so open in your attitude ...

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: yea, we all have flaws! i went out with a fella that was a below knee amputee. my best friend ask...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

yea, we all have flaws! i went out with a fella that was a below knee amputee. my best friend asked what i saw in him. he was gentle,caring,a giver and boy could he cook! he stole my heart!

--hide--

Ah,cooking! There's the key!

Jan 8th 2013 new

yea he could make the best deli sandwiches highfive and twice baked potatoes! Superman

Jan 8th 2013 new

Thanks, Richard.

Jan 8th 2013 new

Thank you Richard! He was a good man and I wish he hadn't lost hope. But God did what He needed to do by bringing us together. How his story ends is up to him.

Posts 41 - 50 of 146