Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Richard, we all are given a certain set of tools by God and it is up to us to use them. I can gua...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Richard, we all are given a certain set of tools by God and it is up to us to use them. I can guarantee you that each and every one of us have one very special tool. It might be a talent for tossing a basket ball or the voice of an angel. What's your special tool? Also, maintainace of the tool kit is an essential part many of us tends to forget. Treat your body as the Lords temple and you will shine with His light. How could any good Catholic single woman stand a chance against that? ;)

--hide--

Absolutely Right ON!

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: The last man I dated was a tad overweight but he was a truly good man and I cared for him very mu...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

The last man I dated was a tad overweight but he was a truly good man and I cared for him very much. He told me he had stopped taking care of himself because he didn't think he would ever meet anyone. He made unhealthy choices (drinking, eating junk, etc) and had no desire to lose weight. I saw his heart and that was all that mattered to me. In the end, he couldn't be with me due to his fear of commitment.

My bottom line - who a man is means more than how he looks. I would rather date an average looking man who made an effort to take care of himself and treated me like gold than a model who forgot my name or was unfaithful.

--hide--

I agree... But a man has to strive for longevity if he wants to have a woman come into his life and by this I mean he has to be willing to try to live longer and try to go through the work once he meets her..

Frankly the men I have loved- it was not their looks that drew me at all.

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: No. I can not be with someone I do not find attractive- to me. The man has to be attractive ...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

No. I can not be with someone I do not find attractive- to me. The man has to be attractive IN MY EYES. Realistically, I can not kiss, let alone think about being intimate, with a man I don't find attractive. But...

That's not to say a man has to be attractive by society norms and standards. I've dated men of all physical qualities- thin and very heavy, with full hair and bald men, tall or short, with glasses and without. I've dated men that friends thought were handsome and those who my friends did not commented on (I know what that means).

Attraction, of course, is relative. I actually am NOT attracted to men who are deemed to be very handsome. I don't like the arrogance that comes with it. Yeah, I love looking at eye candy, but I wouldn't want to be with one. I know that might sound strange.
--hide--

Joesphine, I have felt the very same way as you did. I would have NEVER imagined myself with this person, but once I saw his heart he became very attractive - to me. I did not look for it. I believe there was a LIGHT behind it. I have been told before that you will find what you are looking for once you stop looking. Oh how I pray that is true.

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Oh and my comments were not directed to you becaue I think your picture is very old and I have no...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Oh and my comments were not directed to you becaue I think your picture is very old and I have no idea how you look at all. I am directing this to all the men out there who have not had an honest talk with themselves in front of the mirror.

I know a local man who I made exceptions for because I love his amazing intellect. After Christmas I saw him and he has put on more weight. In order to gain my interest or have a relationship- I would need to se eboth of us working on it together or at least working on it.

So rather than gaze at your navel about this, I would suggest that a guy "Just do it."

--hide--

OK, Richard...I agree with Marian. You need to put more pictures up and let us see a little bit of your self through them. I just read through your profile and you sound like a charm to me! thumbsup

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Now THAT's a nice story, Donna ...except for the part about being in an accident ......
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Now THAT's a nice story, Donna ...except for the part about being in an accident ... Hope you are doing well ... You do have closed eyes, a very open heart!

--hide--

Thanks Richard. Please, please, please don't be afraid to show someone your heart. You might risk getting hurt but the possibilities it opens up will more than make up for it. Our God is an awesome God, HE knows what He is doing. Trust Him. He made you who you are. How can that be a bad thing?

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanne-846477 said: OK, Richard...I agree with Marian. You need to put more pictures up and let us see a lit...
(Quote) Joanne-846477 said:

OK, Richard...I agree with Marian. You need to put more pictures up and let us see a little bit of your self through them. I just read through your profile and you sound like a charm to me!

--hide--

I AM a charm! .. Isn't that enough???? - LOL!!

I don't like to have my pic taken, very self-conscious! I always try to be the pic-taker!

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Ezrah-891754 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I am going to try to be honest at the risk of u...
(Quote) Ezrah-891754 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I am going to try to be honest at the risk of upsetting someone: :crying;

Get to the gym and show that you are taking care of yourself. Be cognisant about how attraction has to go both ways. If you find yourself attracted only to slim or certian shaped women, than it stands to reason that men should also find ways to banish the extra weight in the gut and jowls the same way you expect a women to do. It goes both ways. I hope I have not made anyone exceedingly upset by my most honest comments. These are issues we all deal with because we are all aging. It is a fact.

Allow me to explain more. I think women can be tolerant of some of the aging in men if they see effot being made. If the man agrees to walk with her regularly and diet together, if the couple can work together on this- there is GREAT chance for lots of attraction. Women respond to emotional connection and then maybe physiucal. But if a guy is not doing any maintenance it is hard to imagine getting close. Do something is what i say.

I'll get back to my diet and workout asap ! I know I'm out of shape last time I checked .

--hide--

You are age 22. You have no worries about this issue!

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look...

C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look" have even the remotest chance of getting some interest from you? Are we forever doomed because of genetics to be left on the sidelines of romantic life??? ... Can our charming personality and simple all -around goodness make up for what we lack externally? ... Or, is it that no matter how hard we try and no matter how nice we are (courteous, considerate, funny, Christian, etc, etc, etc), we will never make be able to overcome our obvious physical deficiences??? ... Again, be honest, we can take it ....or at least I think we can (smile) ...

Guys, if you too want to share your thoughts, feel free ...

--hide--

Hey Richard and All.

I can't speak for every lady . For me it is not a lot about looks it about stuff like oh being a real guy and nice guy . Having manners , being kind having the ability to have a conversation and having fun . You make me laugh, you cook and you take out the house hold pest all ++++++ in my book. I have never in my short life met a man that was so unattractive that I wouldn't give a shot to if he asked. I have turned down some what some might call Hotties because they were not any of the things I have listed. Be bold you only need one yes. This even goes for the ladies take chances think out side the box. The right one for you will come along. :) Just my 2 cents !

Jan 9th 2013 new

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Plus not everything is determined by physical appearence. I have been around physically gorgeous men, but then when they open their mouths and show their inner lack of beauty their attractiveness dims greatly. I have also been around men whose physical appearence seems so-so until they let their inner beauty show. Looks are not everything

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look...

C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look" have even the remotest chance of getting some interest from you? Are we forever doomed because of genetics to be left on the sidelines of romantic life??? ... Can our charming personality and simple all -around goodness make up for what we lack externally? ... Or, is it that no matter how hard we try and no matter how nice we are (courteous, considerate, funny, Christian, etc, etc, etc), we will never make be able to overcome our obvious physical deficiences??? ... Again, be honest, we can take it ....or at least I think we can (smile) ...

Guys, if you too want to share your thoughts, feel free ...

--hide--

I could ask the same thing of you. I send out quite a few emitograms and get no reply. Makes kind of a dent on the old self esteem. If there are things I could change (like the tone of my profile) I would. But as far as genetics, I have what God gave me. God doesn't make junk. But apparently I'm not cutting it either. Thoughts? (especially from the guys?)

Posts 51 - 60 of 146