Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Donna-871766 said: Joesphine, I have felt the very same way as you did. I would have NEVER imagined myself with this ...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

Joesphine, I have felt the very same way as you did. I would have NEVER imagined myself with this person, but once I saw his heart he became very attractive - to me. I did not look for it. I believe there was a LIGHT behind it. I have been told before that you will find what you are looking for once you stop looking. Oh how I pray that is true.

--hide--

Oh yes, I agree that with you. I've often felt attracted to someone after getting to know them, whereas there wasn't an initial attraction. It's still basically the same thing. I need to find someone attractive in order to feel any romantic connection. But yes, sometimes it's not instant and takes time.
Jan 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Oh yes, I agree that with you. I've often felt attracted to someone after getting to know ...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

Oh yes, I agree that with you. I've often felt attracted to someone after getting to know them, whereas there wasn't an initial attraction. It's still basically the same thing. I need to find someone attractive in order to feel any romantic connection. But yes, sometimes it's not instant and takes time.
--hide--

Correction- I need to find someone attractive to me in order....
Jan 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Helen-881220 said: yea, we all have flaws! i went out with a fella that was a below knee amputee. my best friend asked what i saw ...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

yea, we all have flaws! i went out with a fella that was a below knee amputee. my best friend asked what i saw in him. he was gentle,caring,a giver and boy could he cook! he stole my heart!

--hide--

Oh my goodness. Your friend actually would dismiss a good man because he had a flaw like that. No offense to anyone reading this, but that is foolish as far as I'm concerned. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.
Jan 9th 2013 new

Hi Richard,

I am going to chime in that you are a good looking guy, so perhaps you might consider that your own self image in not in line with what others see. You have a bunch of women here saying you look good, so I would take that as an answer. I would also second the point that more or other pictures is a good idea for everyone here on CM.

I think the issue runs both ways for both genders.

There are two parts to physical attractiveness: the face, and from the neck down. I think women look for a cute face, and if the the rest is somewhat wanting, they can accept that more. I think men actually want both, a pretty face and nice body on a woman, but if they had to pick one over the other, it would be the body. For whatever reason, I am not judging it, I just think that is the case.

Attractiveness is all relative. I think the problem is that people try to date outside of their "physical attractiveness score" too much. A very pretty girl with a great body is probably not going to go with a guy who is not blessed in the face, and is out of shape. (Those 4 supermodels who married gross old rockers are not the rule; they are the exception).

There have been studies done that people generally end up with someone who is within "two points" of their own attractiveness.

So if you are a 8, you will end up with someone who is from a 6 to a 10 (to use the Bo Derek scale).

If you are a 3, you are going to end up with someone who is a 1 or a 5.

What I am trying to say is, the question is are we attractive to the right people/target market? If the only people we contact or ask out are all very different from us on the attractiveness scale, I think we can expect to get alot of rejection.

Jan 9th 2013 new

Hi Richard, to be perfectly honest with you, I need it all, for all my prior relationships possessed every element of the qualities you mentioned, faith, love, a spiritual and physical connection, not to mention the intense psychological components, and once you've experienced love at that otherwordly level... NOTHING CAN COMPARE, JUST MY two cents

Sheila

Jan 9th 2013 new

Richard,

I viewed your profile, so just ignore the "viewed you" note from me. Your picture is great, just add some more. I don't like my picture taken either, so I only allow family to take them, but I smile easily and am friendly and outgoing otherwise. Your profile reads well also, so I don't think you have any worries.

Now to answer your question. For me "the look" may catch my eye but is never enough to catch and keep my heart. I have found that some very attractive men can become very unattractive quickly because of their behavior. The reverse is also true, that initially someone that does not have "the look" and upon getting to know them, they become the most attractive man in the world and very worth keeping or being the possible "forever one". All of this is within certain boundaries and each needs to work with what God has given us (genes) and do the best we can to stay healthy. A few extra pounds or bald do not scare me away, as we all age. It's your Faith, respect for others, honesty, etc. that matters. Best to you.

theheart

Jan 9th 2013 new

Well Lady Angela lady's handkerchief , HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU wave rose Happy Birthday! and all that goes with it!! theheart

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: I could ask the same thing of you. I send out quite a few emitograms and get no r...
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

I could ask the same thing of you. I send out quite a few emitograms and get no reply. Makes kind of a dent on the old self esteem. If there are things I could change (like the tone of my profile) I would. But as far as genetics, I have what God gave me. God doesn't make junk. But apparently I'm not cutting it either. Thoughts? (especially from the guys?)

--hide--

Hi Victoria ... Sounds like maybe you should start a similar thread but pose the question from the woman's perspectiive ... Actually, I thought more guys would get involved inthis one, but ....

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: Richard,I viewed your profile, so just ignore the "viewed you" note from me. Y...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

Richard,

I viewed your profile, so just ignore the "viewed you" note from me. Your picture is great, just add some more. I don't like my picture taken either, so I only allow family to take them, but I smile easily and am friendly and outgoing otherwise. Your profile reads well also, so I don't think you have any worries.

Now to answer your question. For me "the look" may catch my eye but is never enough to catch and keep my heart. I have found that some very attractive men can become very unattractive quickly because of their behavior. The reverse is also true, that initially someone that does not have "the look" and upon getting to know them, they become the most attractive man in the world and very worth keeping or being the possible "forever one". All of this is within certain boundaries and each needs to work with what God has given us (genes) and do the best we can to stay healthy. A few extra pounds or bald do not scare me away, as we all age. It's your Faith, respect for others, honesty, etc. that matters. Best to you.

--hide--

Very nicely said. Eloise .... BTW, you are very photogenic .. I always thought that shiny white hair looked good on women of any age!

Jan 9th 2013 new

Victoria, you should be grateful that they show their true colors right away. But I understand what you mean. Not being seen hurts.

Posts 61 - 70 of 146