Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 9th 2013 new

I think each person is different on this topic but for me, looks are only 1 of many factors and honestly, Id rather be with an honest, kind guy who's average or over weight or "unattractive" than a hot guy who is a player. I've actually turned away guys who look and act the part of a player as I want nothing to do with that. I've met guys who are over weight, bald, short, tall, etc - I try to keep an open mind that God will lead me to the right guy and it might not be who I think it is. NO one is perfect - even those who have perfect looks, lack something inside or outside or both.

Good luck!

Jan 9th 2013 new

Hi Richard,

I'm sure it's already been said, but I'll repeat it. Looks are way down on a lady's checklist. Top thing is a man who is confident in his abilty and looks after her. You need to make sure you take care of yourself, and you dress well and groom well. But seriously if you don't look like Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise it means diddly squat.

Conversely, It does not matter how good you look if you have no confidence. Period. I read a lot of stuff on being confident, but biggest single help was learning to dance. It's really hard to think ladies don't like you are awesome when all the woman say great things about your dancing. The confidence transfers to the rest of your life.

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: Hi Richard, I'm sure it's already been said, but I'll repeat it. Looks are way d...
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

Hi Richard,

I'm sure it's already been said, but I'll repeat it. Looks are way down on a lady's checklist. Top thing is a man who is confident in his abilty and looks after her. You need to make sure you take care of yourself, and you dress well and groom well. But seriously if you don't look like Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise it means diddly squat.

Conversely, It does not matter how good you look if you have no confidence. Period. I read a lot of stuff on being confident, but biggest single help was learning to dance. It's really hard to think ladies don't like you are awesome when all the woman say great things about your dancing. The confidence transfers to the rest of your life.

--hide--

Well said, Matt. However, would just add one thing...great dancers are wonderful, but we don't mind if you guys have two left feet, just so you are willing to dance with us and have fun doing it.

- Elizabeth

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Do those of us who don't have "the look" have even the remotest chance of getting ...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Do those of us who don't have "the look" have even the remotest chance of getting some interest from you?

--hide--

EVERYONE has "the look"....it just depends on what look each person is looking for! wink Some like the "Shrek" type-big, burly, & safe; while others like prince charming, or even donkey! laughing

When we grow fond of someone, they become more & more attractive.

If you smell bad, fail to shower, have grossly stained teeth with many missing or broken, foot fungus, hair matted to your head...NO!!! You do NOT stand a chance! laughing laughing

Jan 9th 2013 new

As it has been said and will be said again, beauty (or good looks) are in the eyes of the beholder. What I find attractive may not be what someone else finds attractive. I like beautiful eyes and broad shoulders but if those eyes are always looking at other ladies then I won't find them attractive for very long.

All too often women (and men) have an idea in their mind of what type of person they would like to find as a partner and they construct and image away from which they will not stray. I think it is a dire mistake to do that. The very person that we pass over due to the fact that their eyes are not blue or their hair is not blonde may be the one that we could have grown to love.

As a photographer I am here to tell you that everyone...absolutely everyone has something attractive about them. Maybe their smile, their eyes, the way they hold their shoulders back, their complextion..something. and...did you know that love makes your partner more and more attractive to you as time goes by? Yes, you become more bonded to your partner and that person is more attractive to you as you grow together.

I wish for you a happy relationship when you find your "beautiful" soul mate!!

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look...

C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look" have even the remotest chance of getting some interest from you? Are we forever doomed because of genetics to be left on the sidelines of romantic life??? ... Can our charming personality and simple all -around goodness make up for what we lack externally? ... Or, is it that no matter how hard we try and no matter how nice we are (courteous, considerate, funny, Christian, etc, etc, etc), we will never make be able to overcome our obvious physical deficiences??? ... Again, be honest, we can take it ....or at least I think we can (smile) ...

Guys, if you too want to share your thoughts, feel free ...

--hide--

Well I think if a person has NO concern for the health of his body that can be a bad thing and deter others from wanting to associate with them.

I look for someone that is trying to be balanced physically, mentally and spirtually.

Don't even think you are doomed. God made us wondeful Creations and we are precious human beings every one of us. The most ugly person on the outside can have inner beauty that will balance out her or his outer beauty.

Accepting and Loving ourselves just for being a child of God is a good step in being able to share our life with another.. God Bless you Richard and all of us on our journey.. It is not always an easy one..

Peace and prayers...
Kathleen Praying rosary theheart

Jan 9th 2013 new

Ladies & Gentlemen who have responded ... A lot of good insights into different perspectives ... Dare I say that the world would be a better place if more of the people "out there" looked at things a bit more like people do "on here" .... Very interesting, indeed

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Sherrie-702451 said: As it has been said and will be said again, beauty (or good looks) are in the eyes of the behol...
(Quote) Sherrie-702451 said:

As it has been said and will be said again, beauty (or good looks) are in the eyes of the beholder. What I find attractive may not be what someone else finds attractive. I like beautiful eyes and broad shoulders but if those eyes are always looking at other ladies then I won't find them attractive for very long.

All too often women (and men) have an idea in their mind of what type of person they would like to find as a partner and they construct and image away from which they will not stray. I think it is a dire mistake to do that. The very person that we pass over due to the fact that their eyes are not blue or their hair is not blonde may be the one that we could have grown to love.

As a photographer I am here to tell you that everyone...absolutely everyone has something attractive about them. Maybe their smile, their eyes, the way they hold their shoulders back, their complextion..something. and...did you know that love makes your partner more and more attractive to you as time goes by? Yes, you become more bonded to your partner and that person is more attractive to you as you grow together.

I wish for you a happy relationship when you find your "beautiful" soul mate!!

--hide--

Expressed very well, Sherrie ... You are right that people sometimes have "self-limiting" factors which remove possibilities ... these self-limiters can keep us on the same track to nowhere ....

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Expressed very well, Sherrie ... You are right that people sometimes have "self-lim...

Expressed very well, Sherrie ... You are right that people sometimes have "self-limiting" factors which remove possibilities ... these self-limiters can keep us on the same track to nowhere ....

--hide--

Richard, some of them make sense...perhaps a person doesn't want to relocate due to family ties, or maybe, as in my case, they want a person of a certain height in order to feel protected (go figure...been that way for my entire adult life). But if a person's list is too long and too prohibitive there will be no one out there to live up to the list.

My humble opion only.

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Sherrie-702451 said: Richard, some of them make sense...perhaps a person doesn't want to relocate due t...
(Quote) Sherrie-702451 said:

Richard, some of them make sense...perhaps a person doesn't want to relocate due to family ties, or maybe, as in my case, they want a person of a certain height in order to feel protected (go figure...been that way for my entire adult life). But if a person's list is too long and too prohibitive there will be no one out there to live up to the list.

My humble opion only.

--hide--

Now don't dismiss the vertically-challenged guys out of hand ... You might "overlook" a great guy (smile)

Posts 81 - 90 of 146