Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/10/2013 new

(Quote) Christie-910934 said: Here, Here, Victoria! Thank you for posing it in the reverse. <...
(Quote) Christie-910934 said:

Here, Here, Victoria! Thank you for posing it in the reverse.

--hide--

You are quite welcome, Christie!

01/14/2013 new

I have started to lose weight (50 pounds so far) for that precise reason, that women want a man who takes care of himself . I bought a bowflex just last month so I canlose another 35-40 pounds. All it took to be motivated was to be turned down when I asked a woman to go to mass with me last Palm Sunday. The ironic part is that I found out later that she was a divorced Catholic and now she is one of my best friends at work, whom I am always praying for. So maybe she did come into my life for a reason, to provide the spur to get myself in shape.

02/28/2013 new

Geeky, with of course no girlfriend, and now they're closing my church on top of it ...I have to laugh to keep from crying!!!

02/28/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

C'mon now, ladies, be honest, what say you? Do those of us who don't have "the look" have even the remotest chance of getting some interest from you? Are we forever doomed because of genetics to be left on the sidelines of romantic life??? ... Can our charming personality and simple all -around goodness make up for what we lack externally? ... Or, is it that no matter how hard we try and no matter how nice we are (courteous, considerate, funny, Christian, etc, etc, etc), we will never make be able to overcome our obvious physical deficiences??? ... Again, be honest, we can take it ....or at least I think we can (smile) ...

Guys, if you too want to share your thoughts, feel free ...

--hide--

Most people are visual. We naturally want to look at beautiful people. Yet, sex-appeal, chemistry, charm, strut, aura, brainia, the cute gene and the 'je-ne-sais-quoi' factor are not the monopoly of only the beautiful. These are often what people find most attractive in others, over what they look like. cookiemonster

03/01/2013 new

I don't care what a man looks like, provided you have decent personal hygiene, a personality, and a general aura of kindness.

(That said...I don't care for beards.... rolling eyes )

03/01/2013 new

Holiness + great sense of humor = WIN! wink

03/01/2013 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Geeky, with of course no girlfriend, and now they're closing my church on top of it ...I have to laugh to ...

Geeky, with of course no girlfriend, and now they're closing my church on top of it ...I have to laugh to keep from crying!!!

--hide--
Smile. Smile. Smile.(even when you want to cry). It changes your entire facial structure. I'm relatively new to CM and what I have noticed is the diverse "look" that seems interesting to me. But I think the one common theme is the smile-- and it has to be a smile with the eyes. These men don't have similar physical traits necessarily except that. That is just the first step the personality needs to step up too. We are all different in looks, interests etc. for a reason. Otherwise there would only be red delicious apples, green grapes, button mushrooms (hope you get my drift) and the women is t that what the stepford wives was all about?
03/01/2013 new

Richard,

Honestly it all comes down to how one takes care of oneself and what sort of personality he has. If he is a wallower, as in he thinks he's ugly, so acts like no woman will ever want him and complains and doesn't even try, then, no, he wouldn't have a chance. However, if he has chosen to accept what God has given him and is the best person he can be, and shines in other ways, then he is likely to attract tons of women.

I think way too much emphasis is put on appearance, however, this goes both ways. A lot of men want a physically fit and attractive lady, even though they don't take the same care for their own fitness. You've got to offer in return what you expect in a mate. Looks aren't everything though - do you have fun hobbies and interests and do you know how to treat a lady? Do you have a good sense of humor and are you self-confident? Consider what things you have to offer a woman and perhaps you can answer your own question about having a chance. I promise it is not all about looks.

03/01/2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-50109 said: Richard,Honestly it all comes down to how one takes care of oneself and what sort of pe...
(Quote) Michelle-50109 said:

Richard,

Honestly it all comes down to how one takes care of oneself and what sort of personality he has. If he is a wallower, as in he thinks he's ugly, so acts like no woman will ever want him and complains and doesn't even try, then, no, he wouldn't have a chance. However, if he has chosen to accept what God has given him and is the best person he can be, and shines in other ways, then he is likely to attract tons of women.

I think way too much emphasis is put on appearance, however, this goes both ways. A lot of men want a physically fit and attractive lady, even though they don't take the same care for their own fitness. You've got to offer in return what you expect in a mate. Looks aren't everything though - do you have fun hobbies and interests and do you know how to treat a lady? Do you have a good sense of humor and are you self-confident? Consider what things you have to offer a woman and perhaps you can answer your own question about having a chance. I promise it is not all about looks.

--hide--

Hi Michelle .... So .... you are saying that if a guy has many positive qualities that - despite him being physically unattractive - women (or at least some women) will give him a chance? Because that is the original question ..... Hmm, I wonder about that ....

Richard

03/01/2013 new

Richard,

If he is hung up on his appearance, then being nice and Christian won't matter a bit, because no lady wants a downer who can't get over himself. On the flip side, like I said earlier, if he shines in other ways, then he will have no trouble in the lady department.

It seems to me that you are insinuating that you are unattractive and also that you doubt women will give you a chance...my advice to you would be to lighten up - we all have our flaws, and we all get judged for them. Who cares what superficial people will do - think about the RIGHT kind of ladies you want to spend your time with and forget about the rest. There is not a single one of us who can please everyone, so just care about those who will see you for the person you are, and not the person you "look" to be.

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi Michelle .... So .... you are saying that if a guy has many positive qualities that -...

Hi Michelle .... So .... you are saying that if a guy has many positive qualities that - despite him being physically unattractive - women (or at least some women) will give him a chance? Because that is the original question ..... Hmm, I wonder about that ....

Richard

--hide--

Posts 91 - 100 of 146