Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 8th 2013 new

I could cut and paste many of the negative messages woman have sent me but on the other hand there have far more positive ones sent . you just pass the ones that say no or mean by . looking for the one that says YES . Confidence is the number one thing next to humor . what is secondary looks , wealth and status . many woman overlook the secondary and go for the first . If they don't it will not work out anyway . One more thing my son is the most thing for me and his well being . he my first priority .

Jan 8th 2013 new
Hi all I'm new here and Haven't had a lot of men view my profile even messaged me. But I have faith that I will find if its God will. Also I'm not looking for someone perfect.
Jan 8th 2013 new

David: I have not much of words of wisdom for you. On and offline I don't really have it great in this area either. I get all sorts of excuses why a guy is not interested in me and frankly I wish they could be frank and state that they are simply not interested. So sometimes it is good to take a step back and not just fall for excuses when we receive rejections. I would not recommend that you analyse or even try to find the answers, because personally I found this very exhausting. One approach is to surrender everything to God in prayer, your relationships, your dates and communications with woman, the areas in which you think women judge you for, the shortcoming of women you date, the women who have rejected you and hurt. Everything about your life surrender to God and He will make it beautiful (even more beautiful that what it is now).

Work on your relationship with the One who offers perfect Love. Do also read the bible readings of Jan 15 and 16 on love. My reflection book states today (Jan 16) that "loves casts out all fears."

I will keep you in prayers and trusting as I do that the Lord will grant you a woman of God, one which was created to be with you forever.

As a single woman, I have to admit that telling too soon that you are in recovery can be a red flag. Most people are either ignorant or terrified by that. Best of you can let the woman get to know you in other areas of your life - all the good points you mentioned here and reveal things as God guides you.
hersheyskiss Praying

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-346082 said: I wish there was an emoticon that was a person sitting back with their feet up!
(Quote) Donna-346082 said:

I wish there was an emoticon that was a person sitting back with their feet up!

--hide--

Or a smiley that's munching popcorn....

Jan 8th 2013 new

wide eyed

Gee David, it sounds to me like you just haven't found the right woman yet! Do you know how many documents you have to sift through to find the one that's not supposed to be shred? 8,455. Do you know how many sales calls have to be placed before you hear Yes? 40. Do you know how many times Edison tried to invent the lightbulb before the light actually came on? over 900. My point is this...one can only succeed at failure when he stops trying. Everyone has choices to make.

Do you realize how many women God may put before you so that you may find your Beloved who is the one that is supposed to walk with you in your spiritual journey together and appreciate her for the wonderful and amazing beauty that she is? Take heart and be patient, you will find her, Trust in God's promise of the unbelievable Joy that awaits you hug

Your amazing! Don't you dare let anyone try to convince you otherwise.

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) ed-925050 said: Or a smiley that's munching popcorn....
(Quote) ed-925050 said:

Or a smiley that's munching popcorn....

--hide--

That will work too!!biggrin This one sort of looks like popcorn!!cloud

Jan 8th 2013 new

I would like to second what David says in the original post of this thread. What I really do not appreciate is women who start a correspondence, then suddenly drop off the face of the earth. I can see them online – but there is no reply. Here, I am not referring to women not replying to my original emo/message to them. Here, I am referring to the case where they reply and then ask/request information from me, and after a few messages, there is abruptly no further correspondence. (I have had three experiences so far of this kind in the past 2 months.)

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: David I am sorry that you are discouraged but y...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

David I am sorry that you are discouraged but you can't paint us all with the same brush. Perhaps you just haven't met the right one yet. Be positive. If it didn't work out then the women you went out with were not the ones for you. Keep praying and have faith and hope that you will meet the one that is right for you. It takes time. Be open and positive.

--hide--
Unless you were to paint the Women on CM as lovely Ladies!

Jan 8th 2013 new
Flattery will get you anywhere!
Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Flattery will get you anywhere!
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Flattery will get you anywhere!
--hide--
tongue biggrin

Posts 21 - 30 of 109