Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Flattery will get you anywhere!
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Flattery will get you anywhere!
--hide--
As far as Slidell, maybe?????? scratchchin

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Tara-916865 said: Flattery will get you anywhere! As far as Slidel...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Tara-916865 said: Flattery will get you anywhere!

As far as Slidell, maybe??????

--hide--

Oh, no! Ray! Why'd you have to go and creep her out? eyepopping

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) David-820720 said: Just some thoughts about my experience on this site and I'm sure that I will recycle some que...
(Quote) David-820720 said:

Just some thoughts about my experience on this site and I'm sure that I will recycle some questions that appear here every three weeks or so. So far I've met a few woman on this site that have either turned out to be here for all the wrong reasons (I've met one woman who said she was catholic but I found out different later) or have been with woman for only a few dates at most.

Most woman that I have been with use this site to end with me as a grand gesture of distaste (they have my phone number, or they can at least tell me the old fashioned way--in person). Much of it sounds like this, "You're such a great person..." or "I'm inspired by the fact that someone is out there like you..." and extol about how I "radically live the gospel," only to terminate communication with me altogether. So...why aren't we still seeing each other if I'm as great as they say...? Help me out with that one.

I don't get it. I'm athletic, intellectual, have a great cast of friends, go church, go to confession, pray the rosary and read the bible regularly have diverse interests, and have good earnings as well as a job that I'm passionate about. I also have a life that I love and would like to share it with someone. On the other hand it seems that women don't like the idea of someone who sober/in recovery or the fact that I have tattoos--never thought those two things would make women turn their noses up at me.

I think I speak for a lot of men on this site when I say I really don't know what else these women are looking for. Truth be told I think they are too picky. Also truth be told I have found non catholic women a lot more welcoming and open minded. I hate to say it, but it seems like women want a man who has all the gentlemanly courtliness of a 18th century nobleman and all the liberality of a secular modern/adrogynous male. A guy who pays all her way and she gets to keep her paycheck. Just one problem--that guy doesn't exist, and I know A LOT of guys.

Now being who I am, I am open to put all of the above for debate and dialectic. I would love to be proven wrong. on all of the above. A few words to women; all of the above is based on my experience and all of the experience of many men on this site. You're not going to win me over with weak replies that say "but we do exist." There are threads on this site to this effect, one in particular to the effect of women not needing men. Well if it's independence you want, you can have it.

--hide--

Rejection is divine protection. All things seem to happen on God's time not our own clock.

I think most women look for someone on a similar page in the journey.

I think you may find other women who don't bother discerning a life long commitment elsewhere - but they may hurt you down the road too.

Being single can be a real blessing.

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) David-820720 said: Just some thoughts about my experience on this site and I'm sure that I will recycle some que...
(Quote) David-820720 said:

Just some thoughts about my experience on this site and I'm sure that I will recycle some questions that appear here every three weeks or so. So far I've met a few woman on this site that have either turned out to be here for all the wrong reasons (I've met one woman who said she was catholic but I found out different later) or have been with woman for only a few dates at most.

Most woman that I have been with use this site to end with me as a grand gesture of distaste (they have my phone number, or they can at least tell me the old fashioned way--in person). Much of it sounds like this, "You're such a great person..." or "I'm inspired by the fact that someone is out there like you..." and extol about how I "radically live the gospel," only to terminate communication with me altogether. So...why aren't we still seeing each other if I'm as great as they say...? Help me out with that one.

I don't get it. I'm athletic, intellectual, have a great cast of friends, go church, go to confession, pray the rosary and read the bible regularly have diverse interests, and have good earnings as well as a job that I'm passionate about. I also have a life that I love and would like to share it with someone. On the other hand it seems that women don't like the idea of someone who sober/in recovery or the fact that I have tattoos--never thought those two things would make women turn their noses up at me.

I think I speak for a lot of men on this site when I say I really don't know what else these women are looking for. Truth be told I think they are too picky. Also truth be told I have found non catholic women a lot more welcoming and open minded. I hate to say it, but it seems like women want a man who has all the gentlemanly courtliness of a 18th century nobleman and all the liberality of a secular modern/adrogynous male. A guy who pays all her way and she gets to keep her paycheck. Just one problem--that guy doesn't exist, and I know A LOT of guys.

Now being who I am, I am open to put all of the above for debate and dialectic. I would love to be proven wrong. on all of the above. A few words to women; all of the above is based on my experience and all of the experience of many men on this site. You're not going to win me over with weak replies that say "but we do exist." There are threads on this site to this effect, one in particular to the effect of women not needing men. Well if it's independence you want, you can have it.

--hide--

Not all are cut from the same cloth. I was communicating with someone on CM who I had come to believe was genuine but after spending some hard earned money to go visit him, on his terms, now believe that he collects women on this site as trophys. My intentions were good and hoped, at the very least, to have found a friend who understood me and my faith. And apparently that was to much to ask for my efforts. I wish you the best David but maybe it's time we all took of those Rose Colored Glasses..................

Jan 9th 2013 new

I am not sure which gals you have met or which gals the men are pursuing but I am sure if you keep at it someone special will recognize all that you have to offer!!!!

Jan 9th 2013 new
Seriously. Maybe I should date the twice-divorced new cop at school so I can have some personal security! Lol bunch of creepers. Lol
Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Seriously. Maybe I should date the twice-divorced new cop at school so I can have some personal security!...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Seriously. Maybe I should date the twice-divorced new cop at school so I can have some personal security! Lol bunch of creepers. Lol
--hide--

Tara, every Saint had a past and every sinner has a future. If you feel that this "cop" had potential maybe you should put his past aside long enough to see if it's God's will speaking to your heart. We are, after all, called to be evangelists and gather the flock.

Jan 9th 2013 new
Lol, noooo. I don't do office romances. The kids would have a field day. I just need personal security. :)
Jan 9th 2013 new

Hi David, I think we all feel this way. I actually haven't had to much interaction with guys on this site. There are times when I have been contacted but the person is just too far away to invest too much time into back and forth messages etc. There are some guys and girls too, who if they lived closer I would love to just meet up for coffee or something...but for some reason, that seems to scare people away. It's hard to know what little thing just didn't quite click with the other person. I think maybe if I was just looking through profiles and read yours...I would not like so much the 'looking for a lady to mirror me intellectually'...I don't know, for some reason, that just kinda turns me off...I really don't wanna mirror anyone or anything...other than that, you seem good looking, smart, adventurous...and seems like the snag with these ladies happens after the profile looking, and after a few exchanges....so I don't know...but this is real life here. Most people don't have a lot of time on their hands to invest if they are just not 'feeling it'...or they are chatting with other people they have a better connection with, who knows...Anyway best of luck!!!

Jan 9th 2013 new

David, I have to agree with some of what you say. I have been disappointed myself on this site. I read a man's glowing profile about what a great Catholic he is, then find he doesn't agree with all of the Faith teachings of the Church. Or, I read his description of the kind of woman he is seeking. I think that I fit his qualifications & send a friendly emotigram or message, and don't get any reply. It is discouraging, but I believe God has chosen someone for me and I will eventually meet him. I try not to second-guess God & to wait patiently, for I know His plans are so much better than mine! Patience is the key & trusting in God will unlock the door. If you were a lot older or I was a lot younger, I would be checking you out. However, that doesn't mean we would be a match in God's eyes. And isn't He the one who is supposed to be intimately involved in all of this? God bless you! Barbara

Posts 31 - 40 of 109