Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I've just about had it!

Jan 8th 2013 new

My intent to going on this website was to try something different, cause I wasn't having any luck at all locally! So i figured "hey I'll give it a try". I now realized I just wasted my money and my time on complete strangers. I was being myself in my profile, but I guess that not good enough. I'm tired of getting my hopes up for something that will never happen! I'm going on vacation then I'm done with this whole thing! I wish everything the best of luck easy being you then being me I guess.

Patrick

Jan 8th 2013 new

a lot of us are in the same situation. ya just never know when you are going to get that strike! Gone Fishing! or surfing welcome, patrick...,flirt often with the 20 somethin's CowGirl

Jan 8th 2013 new

I had use this site 5 years ago and it seem that the people on here were more ready and sincere to meet a person to connect with.
Also I have noticed that not many people are online much,
I am not sure how it is in your age group. I would have thought it would be anice way to know a catholic girl.
Sorry to hear you are upset.
Linda

Jan 8th 2013 new

Patrick,

Sometimes it just takes time. Many people will not respond. Some will respond once and then you'll never hear from them again. Some will keep responding and you'll meet in person but realize that you just don't click... or that one picture of her in her bathing suit was really her sister and not her....... And one that you meet ...might actually stick around forever : )

One thing about Catholic Match is that you definitely have to be willing to go out of your comfort zone... both in your type as well as distance! There have been many success stories that have crossed oceans from this site! Being open to God's will sometimes means thinking WAY outside of the box. But in reality... you are super young (even if you feel old... because I know I did at 22). You still have so much time! You mine as well just have fun while you're on here! Meet some great peeps in the chat rooms... respond to the crazy posts in the forums. There's actually an amazingly supportive and awesome community here outside of the "dating scene".

I know all of this advice comes completely unasked for... haha. But just thought I'd shoot you my two cents God has someone so perfect in store for you. It almost seems silly to get upset over someone not returning an emote when you think about the fact that God's probably just saving you from a fruitless relationship that will waste your time and lead you further from the one He has so carefully chosen for you. Stay strong brother!! She's out there : )

Pax Christi,

Emily

Jan 9th 2013 new

biggrin thanks everyone for responding!

I just feel sometimes that I'm trying so hard to just be myself cause everyone tells me to! Sometimes I feel that's not good enough, especially trying to date locally. I just feel like it's doesn't matter.

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-583504 said: My intent to going on this website was to try something different, cause I wasn't having an...
(Quote) Patrick-583504 said:

My intent to going on this website was to try something different, cause I wasn't having any luck at all locally! So i figured "hey I'll give it a try". I now realized I just wasted my money and my time on complete strangers. I was being myself in my profile, but I guess that not good enough. I'm tired of getting my hopes up for something that will never happen! I'm going on vacation then I'm done with this whole thing! I wish everything the best of luck easy being you then being me I guess.

Patrick

--hide--

Patrick,, welcome to the Forum.. and thanks for posting your thoughts...but just slowdown for a minute and dont get yourself all worked up. Catholicism is the Glue that binds us all together but that doesn't mean we're all a perfect for one another just based on that. We still have to work the bugs out on personality types, morals, attractive traits, chemistry, and personal preferences. These are some of the same challenges you'll face anywhere.. but what you may not find is many of the beautiful Catholic Women that take their faith seriously like you will here on CM. Could it be that God is wanting you to wait and have an appreciation for the right Catholic woman for you? Just a thought.. and be patient my friend. Praying smile

Jan 9th 2013 new

Patrick,

Catholic Match is like work, education, sports, or Catholicism; you generally get out of it what you put into it. People sign up with the idea that all it takes to find the match of your life is go online, post your profile, miss or mister perfect will read your profile, and its a done deal. Catholic Match gives you the opportunity to "meet" or at least review other like-minded (in faith) individuals that by faith alone, share some of your views.

It is a journey of discovery to find out what is truly important in a significant other. By reading the forums and reading peoples' responses and offering your own advice, you will learn to see yourself and others in a different light. This is solely the result of exposure to others' point of view, their concerns, their struggles, and their triumphs in life and love and how you relate to their experiences. All this adds to your collective experience.

I have discovered that there are more people that have had the same experiences in life and dating as me than I would have guessed! I am always amazed at the number of single people here that seem to be attractive, smart, funny, compassionate, or any other list of admirable qualities. What it tells me is that finding the right person is not easy. If you desire to spend your life with one special person, it will likely not be easy, without disappointment, and will at times be very discouraging. My married siblings, friends and coworkers tell marriage is the same way. Don't give up on yourself so easy. You deserve to find love. Don't give up on others too easily. There are many women on this site that deserve the same.

May you, by the grace of God, find a Catholic Match.

God Bless you!

Mike

Jan 9th 2013 new
Very wise words Mike, I joined CM in October after "accidentally" coming across this site. I had been struggling with my faith and believe that God has led me here for a voyage of self discovery. It has indeed been challenging. Whilst I pray that I will meet a Catholic man to share my life with I am enjoying the forums and the interactions with members of our faith community from around the world. Keep the faith Patrick trust in God and the rest will come. Maria
Jan 9th 2013 new

Patrick,
It seems you are not on the site any more.
I hope you come back to read the encouraging words persons posted to your original post.
This process takes time and more patience than most of us feel we have but we have to give it a chance.
Marian

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Emily-380294 said: Patrick, Sometimes it just takes time. Many people will not respond. Some will re...
(Quote) Emily-380294 said:

Patrick,

Sometimes it just takes time. Many people will not respond. Some will respond once and then you'll never hear from them again. Some will keep responding and you'll meet in person but realize that you just don't click... or that one picture of her in her bathing suit was really her sister and not her....... And one that you meet ...might actually stick around forever : )

One thing about Catholic Match is that you definitely have to be willing to go out of your comfort zone... both in your type as well as distance! There have been many success stories that have crossed oceans from this site! Being open to God's will sometimes means thinking WAY outside of the box. But in reality... you are super young (even if you feel old... because I know I did at 22). You still have so much time! You mine as well just have fun while you're on here! Meet some great peeps in the chat rooms... respond to the crazy posts in the forums. There's actually an amazingly supportive and awesome community here outside of the "dating scene".

I know all of this advice comes completely unasked for... haha. But just thought I'd shoot you my God has someone so perfect in store for you. It almost seems silly to get upset over someone not returning an emote when you think about the fact that God's probably just saving you from a fruitless relationship that will waste your time and lead you further from the one He has so carefully chosen for you. Stay strong brother!! She's out there : )

Pax Christi,

Emily

--hide--
Emily well said and soooo true. Do not be discouraged Patrick. Have faith, pray and never give up hope. You are soooo young. Have faith that you will meet the right one for you when the time is right.....in God's time not ours. Pray and trust that God will answer your prayers.

Posts 1 - 10 of 13