Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 10th 2013 new
I don't mean to cause confusion, but I have to say I admire the fact that you would ask to meet someone after a couple of messages. Also admirable is that you offer to do the driving:-) I think the only way to really know if there is a romantic connection is to meet someone in person.

Good luck and God Bless
Jan 10th 2013 new
I would be very careful .Might be the retired police mindset I have.When you meet face to face &

not online,I think you can see the true person.I think talking on the phone for awhile & then meet.

For me online take it slow. cool cool cool
Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: My good estimate is 3 weeks, but that is after almost daily communication of some sort. I like to get a f...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: My good estimate is 3 weeks, but that is after almost daily communication of some sort. I like to get a feel of who I will be meeting. I don't do awkward first dates.
--hide--

I agree with you, Tara ......... 3 weeks is a good enough length of time to get to know a little bit about him, either over the phone or thru emails. I say, the sooner you meet, the better!

santahat fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy santahat

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: . . . you are so darn cute, the ladies were probably afraid you wouldn't like them. I am ol...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

. . . you are so darn cute, the ladies were probably afraid you wouldn't like them. I am older than you, so I can get away with calling you cute.
--hide--

I agree, Joanna ...

heartbeat

santahat fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy santahat

Jan 10th 2013 new
Two messages? Maybe talk on the phone after two messages but not meet after two messages..I know I'm 35 so you don't care about my opinion lol but that seems really fast to me..the last guy I spoke seriously with we met after two months of talking regularly and skyping..we are still in contact with each other actually.
Jan 10th 2013 new

Hi Dave,

I know you were asking the ladies, but I thought you might like to hear from another guy that I, too, find that many women are quickly scared away and may take any small reason to end a dialogue or terminate a budding relationship. There's a lot of fear. Be not afraid, women of the world! I suppose there are a lot of creeps out there, but boy do they spoil the scene for all of us! Personally, I feel that in your scenario, Dave, distance matters a lot. I don't think it's odd to state that you prefer meeting in person rather over chatting online and to suggest you meet after a couple of messages if you're in the same city or, say, within 90 minutes of the other person. But if you seem eager to meet in person after two messages and you have to travel a significant distance, then I'd find that odd. I think it sends a message that having a partner is more important to you (general "you"--not you, Dave!) than who that partner is and that you may not have a good pulse on what it takes to get to know a person. Hope these thoughts are useful.

All best,

Rob

Posts 11 - 16 of 16