Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 23rd 2013 new

I've been told I have an accent, but that was by an Aussie.. laughing laughing

I grew up in Northwestern Indiana, which has a bit of a Chicago type accent..However I have lived in Central Indiana since I was 21 and have picked up a little bit more of a 'southern' dialect.. My dad told me he could tell I spoke differently after moving down here.

I used to talk to a Canadian quite regularly and I really liked his voice and colloquialisms.. He lives on the 'wolfs head' of Lake Superior.. Another guy I used to talk to was a Canadian who had lived in GBR for a long time.. I expected an English accent but he sounded like me.. laughing

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Mine said primarily Northeast - but I was raised in South Louisiana and am part cajun. In Louisiana I make sense, but in Arkansas - not so much.

Jan 23rd 2013 new

I got the Inland North on the quiz..And I do call it pop..

Jan 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Sorry -- my computer thinks I hit post! Anyhow -- please take this survey and post your results. I...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Sorry -- my computer thinks I hit post!

Anyhow -- please take this survey and post your results. I think it would be fun to discuss dialects, accents, regional wording, etc -- I think 'accents' are so fun and attractive!

www.gotoquiz.com

--hide--
I took the quiz and it was spot on: 100% Inland North. Although I live in Maine now, I was born and raised in northern Illinois, just south of the Wisconsin border.
Feb 4th 2013 new

Mine said...Philadelphia???? eyepopping

I was born in NY, raised in CA, spent 8 years in Texas, and now live in Maine. I definitely have an accent, but Philadelphia it's not. I say y'all, and Coke (or pop), shaw (sure), and some days every tenth word is in German or French.

Maybe Donna can explain it.

Feb 4th 2013 new

I was born in Minnesota have lived primarly in the Midwest states for all my life and the first result I got was the west. scratchchin The farthest west I have been was to Montana but that was just for one week for a mission trip in high school. I took it a second time because I second guessed myself on some of the questions and I got inland north, sounds a little better.

Feb 13th 2013 new

Midland all the way!

Feb 13th 2013 new

I confess..I do speak with a Canadian accent. Although I'm not conscious of it, people tell me that I do have one.
Perhaps its the way I say:
eh
pop
chesterfield(not the cigarettes)
out and about
oh, its not cold...just fresh
toque
long underwear
where's my hockey stick?
There are strange things done in the midnight sun

wave

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Sorry -- my computer thinks I hit post! Anyhow -- please take this survey and post yo...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Sorry -- my computer thinks I hit post!

Anyhow -- please take this survey and post your results. I think it would be fun to discuss dialects, accents, regional wording, etc -- I think 'accents' are so fun and attractive!

www.gotoquiz.com

--hide--

Mine said I had an 88% Midland accent. It was kinda scary shocked to read the accompanying text, though. It was right on. eyepopping

I don't really look for a certain accent in the ladies, but 5 years in Lexington, KY and now a year in northern Florida have made me a little partial to a lady's southern belle accent. wink

Supposedly they say that Florida is the only state in which you have to go north (on a map) to actually head south (in terms of accent). laughing

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Chuck-209629 said: This was right on I was told I had an inland northThis is what it said
(Quote) Chuck-209629 said:

This was right on I was told I had an inland north

This is what it said

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

I am not from the city of Chicago but that is the largest city to my home town. I also had to laugh at the thing about carbonated drinks! Yes I do call it POP.

Keep the Faith
Chuck

yep chuck i call it pop, i sound midwestern with a little of the chicago thing thrown in when i get tired...da bears i know stupid i know

--hide--

Posts 21 - 30 of 31