Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

01/12/2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-934149 said: I'm new to dating sites, so don't know much about forums, blogs, etc., so I'm posting...
(Quote) Cathy-934149 said:

I'm new to dating sites, so don't know much about forums, blogs, etc., so I'm posting this here. I’m hoping God will answer my prayer. I’m 55, never married, he’s 56 and divorced. I “met” him online a year and a half ago, verified that he is “real”, eligible, and who he says he is. He’s phoned and emailed fairly consistently, and we have great "phone chemistry." I fell in love with him based on that, our conversations, his pictures. My mistake might have been in telling him that! He assured me that we'll meet, yet every time we make plans, he backs out at the last minute. I’ve met his best friends, who say not to give up hope because he’s a great guy. He was opposed to long distance, so I have provisionally left my South Florida home (where he has a timeshare that he hasn’t used in years) and relocated to Poughkeepsie, NY. He’s sent me pictures of his place, even given me a “guided tour” of the town by phone as I drove around, but still no in-person meeting. When I ask him point-blank why we can’t meet, he falls silent, has no answer other than it’s not a good time and he has to wait until he’s “ready” even though he knows he could lose me. He’s broken off contact four times in the past year and a half because he tells me I’m “rushing things.” Yet after the last break-up he found someone else on the site, immediately began an exclusive relationship, apparently proposed, was dumped, and told me about that. My response was to say I wished it was me that he wanted the “exclusive relationship” with. I guess he sees something in her that he doesn't see in me. People tell me I’m crazy to wait this long with no encouragement, but I believe in the power of prayer and am willing to wait the rest of my life if that’s what it takes to be with him. I wish I knew what the problem is. I'm encouraged by other posts/comments here that it could simply be that he is the one for me, but he's not ready yet, has unfinished business. Your thoughts?

--hide--
My dear lovely Cathy, all signals point to the fact this man is married ! True love shouldn't require this much pain. I think it's time you moved on to a man infinitely more worthy of your beauty and lovely temperament ! I'm praying for you Cathy that you shall find a kind, non evasive, honest, loving, and spiritual man. In other words, a truly devoted loving Catholic, unconditional loving man.

God bless,

Sheila rose hug angel Praying wave

01/12/2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-934149 said: Thank you, Genie. I also have been told, by our now retired and much-loved priest, that I had an ...

Thank you, Genie. I also have been told, by our now retired and much-loved priest, that I had an extraordinary maturity of faith. Makes up for my naivete with dating, I guess!

Right back atcha with prayers for abundant blessings. I so appreciate the loving-kindness!

--hide--

Cathy sometimes I refer back to the story of JOB for inspiration and strength in test. By no means are you alone being naivete in life, it is part of growing. You will realize that you will be receiving abundantly in blessings when you offer all you gifts good and bad in the Catholic Mass, adoration, confession, prayers (rosary, Holy Bible, novenas, etc)... Also, a rich treasure is that by offering a Catholic Mass for our loved ones helps their soul and ours immensely.

May our loving and protective God continue to guide you in your earthly journey abundantly.. He loves us sooo much and wishes the best for us... that is why he has brought us to this site even if it is temporary...

01/12/2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-934149 said: Thank you, Genie.I will be leaving the site, as I just don't feel like I'm a good...

Thank you, Genie.

I will be leaving the site, as I just don't feel like I'm a good "fit" here.

--hide--

Cathy, you fit in perfectly, cm members embrace everyone to enrich their lives. God works through us as we are His hands and servant (Jesus showed us), same as He used the Apostles and the writers to guide us in His Wisdom (Holy Bible).

Just to let your mind at ease.. this is a joke and to take it lightly ... "fit" we all wear different clothes, eat different food, interest, etc... we are different and have different experience or choices ...

it your perspective and openness to gain wisdom and make a difference in who we become and eventually enter Heaven....

FYI ~ I have a thread > analogy on Heaven.. I think about how to make my life better to reach my goal or how to explain that Heaven may consist of may different place. What do i need to do to make a difference in my life.. This site has given me so much info and support...

01/12/2013 new

Cathy, it looks like God has answered your prayers regarding this man -- you just haven't been listening.

01/12/2013 new

Hi Sheila,

No, he's not married. But thank you so much for your good wishes and prayers! hug

01/12/2013 new

Thank you, Jerry. Time will tell, but God's time, not mine.

01/12/2013 new

Hi Cathy:

I have only read up to this 1st page and want to make a comment before I forget. You mentioned and clearly have shown that you want to be the women in his life. No one can be anything in anyone's life if the other so chooses. You have made a choice for him, however, it is very clear that he has not made a choice for you. No one can make anyone love them even with prayer...God respects everyone's free will. It may seem that this is the only man on earth for you since you stated no other has shown you any interest other than him. You have been very honest with him and he is using this to his advantage and hurting you. You have done so much to improve your chances with him and still with this he is not interested enough to even meet with you. To give someone like this more time can only bring great sorrow and pain. Save your giving for someone who is willing to give back. Pray to know and accept God's will for you...surrender your plans to God, He will help you accomplish what He wants for you, and you will be satisfied, happy and at peace.

One day, you will thank God this man is no longer in your life...trust God and His permitting will.

I will keep you in prayer...God loves you.

Donna

01/12/2013 new

FYI -- Cathy has left the room --- and the CM site, profile and all......

01/12/2013 new

Cathy, I am not knowledgeable about online meeting folks, and so I did work to listen to what a friend of mine told me last year, when I told him that I was thinking about joining CM. He told me that he had used various dating sites from time to time, and that a number of the gals he previously contacted had not told the truth about themselves online, or had answered some question(s) falsely. My chum told me that he hoped that I would get fewer untruths here at CM, but that I should proceed with caution within any dating site. This warning comes from a close friend going back circa forty years or so. I am sending you this little message, just in case this uncomfortable situation in which you find yourself, may possibly contain some elements of untruth OR may completely miss some truths that would give you a radically different perspective. I pray that you can get your mind away from this character and turn over other leaves, so to speak.

01/12/2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-934149 said: Hi Sheila,No, he's not married. But thank you so much for your good wishes and prayer...

Hi Sheila,

No, he's not married. But thank you so much for your good wishes and prayers!

--hide--

If he has not been granted a decree of nullity (an annulment), he is married in the eyes of the Church.

Posts 91 - 100 of 100