Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: My parents met in high school when my dad's family moved out to the country from a city and ...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

My parents met in high school when my dad's family moved out to the country from a city and they went to the same very small school -- only one class per grade -- they dated exclusively immediately and never looked back.

--hide--

That is a loooong time to be together....I couldn't make it. I took care of a man at work last weekend and he said "There's my girl over there"
She was sleeping in the chair/bed and I thought he meant his daughter. He said "We have been married for 44 years." I said she was
beautiful when she was sleeping and he said you should see her when she is awake! Awwww! How beautiful is that?

Jan 10th 2013 new
My Dad was 21, my Mom 16 and they had walked to a local movie theater....my aunt ran in the house singing....Mommy, Mommy look what followed me home....Mommy, Mommy can I keep him.....they have been married 56. Years last June 23.....
Jan 10th 2013 new

My mom worked with my dad's cousin's wife (I think). They both also played tennis at the same courts sometimes. I'm not sure if they first met at the tennis courts or at a get-together my dad's cousin's wife had.

Jan 10th 2013 new

My parents went to neighboring Catholic colleges. My dad would seranade her outside her window after he'd tossed back a few. His drinking eventually cost him an early exit from school, but not before he won her heart. He was on all counts, extremely handsome and utterly charming.

Jan 10th 2013 new

The original, pre-internet Catholic Match. They attended the same parish.

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: That is a funny first memory Meg! So they must have stayed in the same area after high s...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

That is a funny first memory Meg! So they must have stayed in the same area after high school?

--hide--

Yes. She was really shy and Dad said at first, in college, he thought she was kind of stuck up but she was so shy. He finally asked her out! Also, as a child, she thought my Dad's brothers were mean. They were actually just ornery. As an adult, she came to love his brothers too. Our childhood perceptions.... biggrin

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: My Dad was 21, my Mom 16 and they had walked to a local movie theater....my aunt ran in the house singin...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: My Dad was 21, my Mom 16 and they had walked to a local movie theater....my aunt ran in the house singing....Mommy, Mommy look what followed me home....Mommy, Mommy can I keep him.....they have been married 56. Years last June 23.....
--hide--

How cute and heartwarming!!

Jan 10th 2013 new

My Father was in Great Britain for one day.....and was working for the Civil Service. Course the Army caught up with him pretty quickly. When called into the CO's office he was told, "They've been looking all over for you stateside! You can go back to the states and be drafted...maybe get shipped to the Pacific or you can join (Army Air Corp) here" He gave in....easily! So....he was STILL in civilian clothing when he went to a dance in Northern England where my Mother was from. The petite blonde caught his eye in a "nanno-second"!! They danced....and stayed till the dance was over. He then walked her home. Funny thing my Mom said was pretty telling for she was enamored with the smooth talking Texan. She said, "Wouldn't it be funny if WE ended up getting married?" The rest.....as they say....is history!

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: My Father was in Great Britain for one day.....and was working for the Civil Service. Course the ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

My Father was in Great Britain for one day.....and was working for the Civil Service. Course the Army caught up with him pretty quickly. When called into the CO's office he was told, "They've been looking all over for you stateside! You can go back to the states and be drafted...maybe get shipped to the Pacific or you can join (Army Air Corp) here" He gave in....easily! So....he was STILL in civilian clothing when he went to a dance in Northern England where my Mother was from. The petite blonde caught his eye in a "nanno-second"!! They danced....and stayed till the dance was over. He then walked her home. Funny thing my Mom said was pretty telling for she was enamored with the smooth talking Texan. She said, "Wouldn't it be funny if WE ended up getting married?" The rest.....as they say....is history!

--hide--
The two souls from different parts of the globe were married 62 years in all!

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: My Dad was 21, my Mom 16 and they had walked to a local movie theater....my aunt ran in the house singin...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: My Dad was 21, my Mom 16 and they had walked to a local movie theater....my aunt ran in the house singing....Mommy, Mommy look what followed me home....Mommy, Mommy can I keep him.....they have been married 56. Years last June 23.....
--hide--

Kids are so innocent...you have to love them! Sweet!

Posts 11 - 20 of 128