Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 20th 2013 new

My dad was two years ahead of my mom. He was a good-looking baseball jock and she was a goodlooking cheerleader and class president back in the day.

My dad dated my aunt before my mom, but they obviously met in high school, I think, LOL.

Sixty Years this Summer rose heart Praying rosary theheart Getting up there!

Jan 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: My dad was two years ahead of my mom. He was a good-looking baseball jock and she was a goodlooking cheerleade...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

My dad was two years ahead of my mom. He was a good-looking baseball jock and she was a goodlooking cheerleader and class president back in the day.

My dad dated my aunt before my mom, but they obviously met in high school, I think, LOL.

Sixty Years this Summer Getting up there!

--hide--
Wow Cathy...I still cannot believe people being married longer than I have been alive! Congrats to your very special parents. Eileen
Jan 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: My dad was of German heritage, my mom Irish. My mom had a government job in Washington during the war, working ...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

My dad was of German heritage, my mom Irish. My mom had a government job in Washington during the war, working for my dad's sister. She played cupid. My dad liked what he saw, and didn't want to waste any time. My mom needed to get away and think it over, but my dad showed up on her doorstep in Dorchester, Mass. Today that would be called stalking! My maternal grandmother was impressed with him partly because her little dog, Paddy, took to him right away. My dad has been gone now for 32 years, and I only saw one fight between them. Dad was smart enough to know exactly what to do- drive straight to a florist!

--hide--
First of all, my uncle was Paddy (I guess a common Irish name) and Irish people put alot of stock in a dog's reaction to people. I think your dad was a smart man Peter, not letting her get away and getting to know the local florist didn't hurt either!
Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Valerie-880801 said: He met Mom, they hit it off! Met in February & were married in May. This year they'll ...
(Quote) Valerie-880801 said:

He met Mom, they hit it off! Met in February & were married in May. This year they'll celebrate 38 years!

--hide--

These stories are so romantic. I truely believe a couple can fall more deeply in love over the years as they help eachother through the ups and downs of life. Valerie, I hope one day they are celebrating their 50th, and hopefully they are young enough to reach their 75th. Thanks for sharing.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

My parents grew up in the same neighborhood. All the kids and teens played together. They had, at one time, lived across the alley from one another!

Jan 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-899707 said: My parents grew up in the same neighborhood. All the kids and teens played together. They had, at one time, l...
(Quote) Patrick-899707 said:

My parents grew up in the same neighborhood. All the kids and teens played together. They had, at one time, lived across the alley from one another!

--hide--
How did that work Patrick? Did they stay friends always or go their separate ways and then get back together? My sister and next door neighbor stayed friends and would talk when she would come home from her adventures. We were like family, knew how we each grew up...it was nice.
Jan 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-899707 said: My parents grew up in the same neighborhood. All the kids and teens played together. They had, at one time, l...

--hide--
How did that work Patrick? Did they stay friends always or go their separate ways and then get back together? My sister and next door neighbor stayed friends and would talk when she would come home from her adventures. We were like family, knew how we each grew up...it was nice.
Jan 23rd 2013 new

I think they were more of acquaintances at first and dated off and on. My Dad lived briefly in Colorado when he was 19, and when he came back home they started dating again and eventually got married.

Jan 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-899707 said: I think they were more of acquaintances at first and dated off and on. My Dad lived briefly in Colorado when ...

I think they were more of acquaintances at first and dated off and on. My Dad lived briefly in Colorado when he was 19, and when he came back home they started dating again and eventually got married.

--hide--
Thanks Patrick for the details. There is always a story!
Jan 23rd 2013 new

My parents were in the Army and met on a blind date...they dated about 6 mos and my dad proposed to my mom but first before they could get married the best part is that he went home on leave and broke off an engagement to another! My parents were married 48 years when he lost his battle with cancer in December 2011. I think it is sweet and romantic how they met...

Posts 111 - 120 of 128