Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Michelle-920900 said: My parents were in the Army and met on a blind date...they dated about 6 mos and my dad proposed to my mom b...
(Quote) Michelle-920900 said:

My parents were in the Army and met on a blind date...they dated about 6 mos and my dad proposed to my mom but first before they could get married the best part is that he went home on leave and broke off an engagement to another! My parents were married 48 years when he lost his battle with cancer in December 2011. I think it is sweet and romantic how they met...

--hide--
I did laugh at that part when he went home to break his previous engagement! It is romantic and funny to boot! God rest his soul! I love stories like that one. Thanks for posting!
Feb 3rd 2013 new

On the beach.

Dad was 33 and she was 13. He stopped to ask her mother what time it was, then saw all the kids playing volleyball and they invited him to join in. Over the years he kept running into the family at the beach, eventually becoming a family friend.

Finally he asked her out when she was 23 and he was 43. They dated about four months, were engaged for seven more, and were married 42 years until Dad died at age 86.

One time I heard her ask, "What were you doing all those years?" And he replied, "I was waiting for you to grow up".

Feb 3rd 2013 new

My parents met while they were in college

Feb 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: On the beach.Dad was 33 and she was 13. He stopped to ask her mother what time it was, then saw all th...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

On the beach.

Dad was 33 and she was 13. He stopped to ask her mother what time it was, then saw all the kids playing volleyball and they invited him to join in. Over the years he kept running into the family at the beach, eventually becoming a family friend.

Finally he asked her out when she was 23 and he was 43. They dated about four months, were engaged for seven more, and were married 42 years until Dad died at age 86.

One time I heard her ask, "What were you doing all those years?" And he replied, "I was waiting for you to grow up".

--hide--
That is so sweet. Sometimes doesn't mean a darned thing! I bet he had a young heart. Eileen
Feb 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: My parents met while they were in college
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

My parents met while they were in college

--hide--
Don't keep me in suspense...details needed! Eileen
Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Don't keep me in suspense...details needed! Eileen
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Don't keep me in suspense...details needed! Eileen
--hide--

It is nothing real special, they met at a fraternity party while my mom went to Indiana State and my dad went to Rose Hulman. My mom was the one that approached my dad and started talking to him.

Feb 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: It is nothing real special, they met at a fraternity party while my mom went to Indiana State and...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

It is nothing real special, they met at a fraternity party while my mom went to Indiana State and my dad went to Rose Hulman. My mom was the one that approached my dad and started talking to him.

--hide--
There is always a story Jessica and I like to think every one is special. Thanks for sharing!
Feb 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: That is so sweet. Sometimes doesn't mean a darned thing! I bet he had a young heart. Eileen
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: That is so sweet. Sometimes doesn't mean a darned thing! I bet he had a young heart. Eileen
--hide--
I meant to say "age" doesn't mean a thing. I hate to admit it but sometimes my mind works faster than my fingers and it is not ALWAYS this iPad.
Posts 121 - 128 of 128