Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-189584 said: My mom worked with my dad's cousin's wife (I think). They both also played tennis at the ...
(Quote) Peter-189584 said:

My mom worked with my dad's cousin's wife (I think). They both also played tennis at the same courts sometimes. I'm not sure if they first met at the tennis courts or at a get-together my dad's cousin's wife had.

--hide--

Goes to show you Peter, you never know where you are going to run into Mr. Right/Ms. Right!

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: My parents went to neighboring Catholic colleges. My dad would seranade her outside her window af...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

My parents went to neighboring Catholic colleges. My dad would seranade her outside her window after he'd tossed back a few. His drinking eventually cost him an early exit from school, but not before he won her heart. He was on all counts, extremely handsome and utterly charming.

--hide--

Kathy, I can only imagine. How does one ignore a seranade?

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) John-146319 said: The original, pre-internet Catholic Match. They attended the same parish.
(Quote) John-146319 said:

The original, pre-internet Catholic Match. They attended the same parish.

--hide--

That mush have been in the prehistoric times John laughing laughing laughing

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Yes. She was really shy and Dad said at first, in college, he thought she was kind of ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

Yes. She was really shy and Dad said at first, in college, he thought she was kind of stuck up but she was so shy. He finally asked her out! Also, as a child, she thought my Dad's brothers were mean. They were actually just ornery. As an adult, she came to love his brothers too. Our childhood perceptions....

--hide--

Funny how our impressions affect our behavior...goes to show you perseverence can prevail!

Jan 10th 2013 new

My dad's parents were out of town...

He and his older brother had a party at their house. My mom's best friend was dating a friend of my dad's friends. They all went to the house for the party.

My mom was sitting on the top of the old washing machine... My dad saw her. The rest is history. That was in 1973. They married two years later (my dad was 19, my mom was 18 - a week out of high school).

This June they will celebrate their 38th wedding anniversary.

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Kathy, I can only imagine. How does one ignore a seranade?
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Kathy, I can only imagine. How does one ignore a seranade?

--hide--

I don't think you can, especially when delivered by a handsome Irishman with dark, curly hair!

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: My Father was in Great Britain for one day.....and was working for the Civil Service. Course the ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

My Father was in Great Britain for one day.....and was working for the Civil Service. Course the Army caught up with him pretty quickly. When called into the CO's office he was told, "They've been looking all over for you stateside! You can go back to the states and be drafted...maybe get shipped to the Pacific or you can join (Army Air Corp) here" He gave in....easily! So....he was STILL in civilian clothing when he went to a dance in Northern England where my Mother was from. The petite blonde caught his eye in a "nanno-second"!! They danced....and stayed till the dance was over. He then walked her home. Funny thing my Mom said was pretty telling for she was enamored with the smooth talking Texan. She said, "Wouldn't it be funny if WE ended up getting married?" The rest.....as they say....is history!

--hide--

Jerry, a connection at first site? Who would have thought and lasting over 60 years? Precious!!!!

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Meghan-202517 said: My dad's parents were out of town... He and his older brother had a party at their h...
(Quote) Meghan-202517 said:

My dad's parents were out of town...

He and his older brother had a party at their house. My mom's best friend was dating a friend of my dad's friends. They all went to the house for the party.

My mom was sitting on the top of the old washing machine... My dad saw her. The rest is history. That was in 1973. They married two years later (my dad was 19, my mom was 18 - a week out of high school).

This June they will celebrate their 38th wedding anniversary.

--hide--
I love this thread even if I started it!laughing laughing laughing Now how sweet is that? You don't hear too many washing machine stories!

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: I don't think you can, especially when delivered by a handsome Irishman with dark, cu...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

I don't think you can, especially when delivered by a handsome Irishman with dark, curly hair!

--hide--
Those Irish people are very persuasive ....I am half Irish!

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Jerry, a connection at first site? Who would have thought and lasting over 60 years? Preciou...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Jerry, a connection at first site? Who would have thought and lasting over 60 years? Precious!!!!

--hide--
Yep! In fact Eileen their pastor lived next door to them and KNEW when their 60th came around which was on a Saturday. He knew they always went to the 5:30 Mass and had that Mass as his assignment that evening. When Mass was about over he gave the announcements. He then said, "Oh, one more. You know it is not often a couple can celebrate 40 or 50 years of marriage. But I happen to live next door to "B" and "A" (while pulling a dozen red roses from behind the altar that he had stashed!) who are celebrating 60 years today!" He then walked all the way down from the altar and in front of the entire congregation and handed them the roses as everyone was now STANDING and clapping! He hugged my Father and kissed my Mother. They were of course "blown away" I was too! Was with them. I'll never forget those goose bumps! And I'll never forget what Father did who was so upset when our family lost them. Of course he did the funerals. I remember also a lady parishioner coming up to my Mom and saying, "My word 60 years "A"? I had NO idea. You look so darn good...what did you marry when you were 5?!!!"

Posts 21 - 30 of 128