Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: My Grandad on my Dads side of the family was a identical twin....when my Grandma talked about my GrandDad she alwa...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: My Grandad on my Dads side of the family was a identical twin....when my Grandma talked about my GrandDad she always said Don smelled better than John....what???? eww
--hide--
Wow Brenda. That is scary...did she have to smell them to tell them apart? Just wondering....
Jan 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Wow Brenda. That is scary...did she have to smell them to tell them apart? Just wondering....
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Wow Brenda. That is scary...did she have to smell them to tell them apart? Just wondering....
--hide--

I have no clue....my Grandpa passed away when my Dad was three...My Grandma raised six kids on a farm by herself during the depression....she never re-married. Any information I ever heard about my Granddad was always welcomed by me......
Jan 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Laura-695247 said: The official story is my parents met at Church Camp. The really story is they met on the...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

The official story is my parents met at Church Camp.

The really story is they met on the cruise....no not a boat...people driving around aimlessly on the streets...that's what they did in the 60's I guess...

--hide--
I wouldn't know what went on then as I was still wearing ankle sox and playing with my dolls! Let's see if someone out there knows the dating rituals of the 60's....anyone interested in satisfying our curiosity?
Jan 10th 2013 new
My mother's father worked for one of the large aeronautical companies in CA. So did my dad.

My grandpa was well known in this company. My dad was a new employee a few years after WWII. It was evident to my grandpa that my dad was a misplaced employee. ((My dad had moved from Oregon to Pasadena to attend a technology school prior to joining the Army.)) So, my grandpa invited my 25 year old dad to live with his family. My mom was 13.

They started dating when my mom was about 18.
Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: (Quote) Laura-695247 said: The official story is my parents met at ...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:
Quote:
Laura-695247 said:

The official story is my parents met at Church Camp.

The really story is they met on the cruise....no not a boat...people driving around aimlessly on the streets...that's what they did in the 60's I guess...

I wouldn't know what went on then as I was still wearing ankle sox and playing with my dolls! Let's see if someone out there knows the dating rituals of the 60's....anyone interested in satisfying our curiosity?
--hide--

youtu.be

Jan 10th 2013 new
My Mom was from Northern KY and my Dad grew up on a farm in Cincinnati. It was a VERY big deal to cross the Ohio River for my Mom way back then, but she and her girlfriends ventured to a park in Cincinnati that held dances on their outside pavilion. On a special Friday night, my parents met. The rumor was my Mom was seeing a mailman at the time. However, after she met my Dad, there was no looking back.

I myself now live in Northern KY but I pass this same beautiful park on the way to my dentist. Every chance I get I stop and park by that same pavilion, imagining my charming Dad sweeping my sweet, timid Mom off of her feet.

Even though my Dad died in 1998, their love story continues through their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchild.
Jan 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have no clue....my Grandpa passed away when my Dad was three...My Grandma raised six kids on a farm by h...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I have no clue....my Grandpa passed away when my Dad was three...My Grandma raised six kids on a farm by herself during the depression....she never re-married. Any information I ever heard about my Granddad was always welcomed by me......
--hide--
Your Grandma was a pioneer in her time and a strong woman. When I think of my mother's life as a teenager and young girl, I realize how good we had it. She was engaged to a man named Gerald Griffin when she was sponsored to come to the USA. She ended up sending his ring back when she decided not to go home. He died shortly thereafter with skin cancer from where his Irish cap rubbed on his forehead. She would have been a young widow. To compound that, she almost died having my sister. It was February and she asked the nurse to open the window while she was laboring and the nun said do it...she isn't going to live. She had a c section and would have died if she was in Ireland as they were not doing that procedure then. Life can be cruel sometimes but glorious too.
Jan 10th 2013 new

my parents were childhood friends

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Hi Everyone, I am always interested in this subject as I am a hopeless romantic....
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Hi Everyone,

I am always interested in this subject as I am a hopeless romantic.

My mother was here in the United States from Ireland for a short time and working in the Bakery in the North End of town.
Alot of her friends were Polish and asked her to come with them one night to the Polish Club. My Dad was there with his
mother (yes! that's right!) and he spotted her and turned to her and said "Do you see that girl over there with the white
skin? I am going to marry her". They met several times at the Club and he offered to drive her and a few of her friends home
so she made sure she was the first one out and gave him a wrong address but walking distance from her apartment. And
that was the beginning.....

Do you have a story you would like to share? People meet in the darndest places. I can't wait to hear your parents story!

Eileen

--hide--

Jan 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: My mother's father worked for one of the large aeronautical companies in CA. So did my dad. My grandp...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: My mother's father worked for one of the large aeronautical companies in CA. So did my dad.

My grandpa was well known in this company. My dad was a new employee a few years after WWII. It was evident to my grandpa that my dad was a misplaced employee. ((My dad had moved from Oregon to Pasadena to attend a technology school prior to joining the Army.)) So, my grandpa invited my 25 year old dad to live with his family. My mom was 13.

They started dating when my mom was about 18.
--hide--
Wow Helen! That is an age difference but it goes to show you that age is just a number. Maybe I am just focusing on the numbers but evidentially they grew up together loving each other. Sweet!
Jan 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Susan-931093 said: my parents were childhood friends
(Quote) Susan-931093 said:

my parents were childhood friends

--hide--
Hi Susan. Welcome to CM. I always thought my sister and our neighbor Scottie would end up together. They were the best of friends all the years growing up but she ended up falling in love with a boy her senior year in high school and marrying him. John went into the service and Maureen of course followed but it was a tough life for two kids. It didn't work out. See, we never know where we will end up but she is very happy now as she was just remarried on New Year's Day and honeymooning (is that a word Mr Webster) now!
Posts 41 - 50 of 128