Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: youtu.be
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

youtu.be

--hide--
Hi Jerry,

I finally got to the youtube you sent. So your parents met at a stop light? Wow! Did your Mom say "I love you"
through the window too? That was cute but stranger things have happened. My sister met her first boyfriend
in the produce department over the cantelopes! That is hard to top!

Eileen

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: So Victoria...did they meet at the teacher's lunchroom or were they teaching in the same corridor o...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: So Victoria...did they meet at the teacher's lunchroom or were they teaching in the same corridor of rooms? Did they share the same subject. Just wondering.
--hide--

Mom taught 3rd grade, Dad taught junior high history.

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: Mom taught 3rd grade, Dad taught junior high history.
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

Mom taught 3rd grade, Dad taught junior high history.

--hide--
Did they meet at a general get together of teachers? I know there was a teacher's cafeteria when we were in
elementary school. Was it love at first site or did they have common ground? Sorry to be so nosey Victoria, you really
don't have to answer all my silly questions.

Eileen

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Hi Jerry, I finally got to the youtube you sent. So your parents met at a stop ligh...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Hi Jerry,

I finally got to the youtube you sent. So your parents met at a stop light? Wow! Did your Mom say "I love you"
through the window too? That was cute but stranger things have happened. My sister met her first boyfriend
in the produce department over the cantelopes! That is hard to top!

Eileen

--hide--

Hi Eileen,

The video was just an example of cruising, in response to your comment that you didn't know what it was. No personal story intended.

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Hi Eileen, The video was just an example of cruising, in response to your comment ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Hi Eileen,

The video was just an example of cruising, in response to your comment that you didn't know what it was. No personal story intended.

--hide--
You can share Jerry, there are several pages left before this subject gets shut down.smile

Jan 12th 2013 new

I'm told it was at the St Dominics club in the 1960's.

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: I'm told it was at the St Dominics club in the 1960's.
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

I'm told it was at the St Dominics club in the 1960's.

--hide--

There was a lot of clubbing going on in the 50's and 60's. When we were in our 20's, we would go to the John Boyle O'Reily Club. As you may guess, it was an Irish Club and meant for people of all ages. It was great fun, live bands, alot of dancing and mingling with relatives you
might not see except at weddings or funerals. We got to learn some about our family tree, the music, and of course alot of stories.
We loved it.

Jan 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Lisa-910908 said: My Mom grew up on a farm in Indiana. When she was about 20 she bought a one-way ticket to Austin...
(Quote) Lisa-910908 said:

My Mom grew up on a farm in Indiana. When she was about 20 she bought a one-way ticket to Austin, Tx. She didn't know anyone there so she got a room at the YWCA. My dad grew up in Chicago. He enlisted in the AirForce at 19, and after 2 years in Japan was stationed at Bergstrom AFB in Austin, TX. They met at a YWCA dance and married 3 months later. They were married almost 55 years. My dad passed away 2 years ago today. Please pray for my mom.

--hide--

WOW. That definetely sounds like fate.
Jan 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: WOW. That definetely sounds like fate.
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

WOW. That definetely sounds like fate.
--hide--
Great stories Josephine!
Jan 12th 2013 new

My dad was given my mom's number by a mutual friend. If I remember correct, it took 6 months for him to call her. Their first date was at the Dixie Electric Co., a night club that was in Toledo, OH at the time.

Posts 81 - 90 of 128