Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I keep reading in the fora that guys are claiming that they are intimidated about contacting ladi...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

I keep reading in the fora that guys are claiming that they are intimidated about contacting ladies on this site. I am just curious as to what about a profile, photograph or woman would intimidate you about contacting her?

--hide--

Shara - did the men you're referring to actually use the word "intimidated?" If so, there are two possibilities. One, the man was insecure. Two, the womens' profile/photo portrayed a very strong characteristic (IMO, which they should) and the man was insecure with those specific characteristics. Seems to make sense right? So, question back to the women, how strong of a message to you want to send in your profile (narrows the potential list of men who would/could respond) versus keeping the profile simple and possibly vague (cast your net broadly)?

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-918050 said: Shara - did the men you're referring to actually use the word "intimidated?&...
(Quote) Gary-918050 said:

Shara - did the men you're referring to actually use the word "intimidated?" If so, there are two possibilities. One, the man was insecure. Two, the womens' profile/photo portrayed a very strong characteristic (IMO, which they should) and the man was insecure with those specific characteristics. Seems to make sense right? So, question back to the women, how strong of a message to you want to send in your profile (narrows the potential list of men who would/could respond) versus keeping the profile simple and possibly vague (cast your net broadly)?

--hide--

I think that a lady should be able to be herself and be liked and admired for it, not pretend to be someone else so that a guy will be interested.

Jan 9th 2013 new

Interesting question. I tend to think that if a guy says he's intimidated, it's really an excuse like "it's not you it's me." I mean, men are hard wired to go after what they want.

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I think that a lady should be able to be herself and be liked and admired for it, not pretend to ...

I think that a lady should be able to be herself and be liked and admired for it, not pretend to be someone else so that a guy will be interested.

--hide--

I agree because if you're hiding who you really are, how will the right guy (who will love all those quirks) be able to find you?

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I keep reading in the fora that guys are claiming that they are intimidated about contacting ladi...

I keep reading in the fora that guys are claiming that they are intimidated about contacting ladies on this site. I am just curious as to what about a profile, photograph or woman would intimidate you about contacting her?

--hide--
Nothing. If I don't contact a woman, it doesn't mean there's something in her profile that intimidated me. Perhaps there's something in her profile that indicated that we're not a match.

Jan 9th 2013 new

I'm going to agree with Gary and wonder about the use of the word, "intimidated". It's a strong word and it means a lot compared to say a guy saying a woman "scared" him.

Men feel intimidated because they fear and most likely they fear not measuring up to the woman. They feel like she's too good looking for them and she's "out of their league" or she's more successful than them and they'll never be able to provide for her in the way they'd like or she's too much energy for them and they wouldn't be able to keep up or it's a combination of any of those three. IMO.

Jan 10th 2013 new

I've always been attracted to smart women. In my online searches I was often intimidated by their accomplishments- their resumes outshone mine. I found many women were looking for a man with advanced degrees to at least match theirs, a world traveller, etc. Their favorite places were Tuscany or the French wine country, that sort of thing. My problem back then- I was seeking the unreachable. Many of us men need to take a long, hard, sober look in the mirror and be more realistic about our searches. That was a painful lesson for me. Chemistry is not a one-way street. Obviously I'm not talking about the guys who look like Tom Selleck and have a law degree from Harvard, but you get the picture.

I learned it's absolutely necessary to be able to handle rejection philosophically and without bitterness- just deal with it and turn the page. It's not a personal insult.

Those days are long gone for me, but I hope this helps. theheart

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I think that a lady should be able to be herself and be liked and admired for it, not pr...

--hide--
Absolutely, Shara!!! (Of course, we're assuming that the lady isn't Mata Hari or Bonnie from Bonnie & Clyde.) The pretension will manifest itself in due time and there goes the ballgame.

Jan 10th 2013 new
I am more intimidated by not making the money in my chosen line of work or burning out, later. Doing all the house buying and lawn and garden stuff disinterests me, if married, preferring an apartment building, which isn't very popular in the Midwest. I would be kind of bummed if a girlfriend I was happy with for weeks or months pulled out of the relationship. Shouting and/or snippy women would become depressing, as well. I like to buy stuff someone might like and still would for a wife, having to drop girlfriends that get on my case about everything. I Ma'am always happy to listen, but one making me out to be the one at fault, when I tell of something that didn't go tight would be depressing.
Jan 10th 2013 new

--hide--

I am not intimidated to contact any women on the site if I am interested, however, most of them don't reply.

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I'm not talking about the guys who look like Tom Selleck and have a law degree from Harvard
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I'm not talking about the guys who look like Tom Selleck and have a law degree from Harvard

--hide--
scratchchin Gee, Peter, I dunno---with that moustache, you DO kinda look like Tom.... cool

Posts 11 - 20 of 31