Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

one million mark

Jan 9th 2013 new

It looks as though the user numbers could quite possibly hit the one million mark soon if it hasn't already. I was wondering if the number is one million, what is the success rate of Catholic Match? For example, 1 out of 2,000 people on this site meet their soul mate. Remember to count a couple as 2 people. I'm hoping the number is a lot better than this, but I was wondering if some of the people who have been here a while could contribute.

Jan 9th 2013 new

I know there are success rate stories all the time. It seems like the average is about 1-2 a week, where sometimes multiple couples are featured in blogs and other weeks there might not be any.

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: It looks as though the user numbers could quite possibly hit the one million mark soon if it has...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

It looks as though the user numbers could quite possibly hit the one million mark soon if it hasn't already. I was wondering if the number is one million, what is the success rate of Catholic Match? For example, 1 out of 2,000 people on this site meet their soul mate. Remember to count a couple as 2 people. I'm hoping the number is a lot better than this, but I was wondering if some of the people who have been here a while could contribute.

--hide--

The only way CM knows of a successful match is if the couple (or someone who knows them) drops a dime; I suspect a significant majority just slip off silently into the sunrise.

Also keep in mind the success stories are only the beginning of the story. While we all hope each one remains a success, statistically, the odds in favor of this outcome are not very good.

The best we can do is read the stories we do have, learn what we can from them, and pray for all the CM couples, known and unknown.

Jan 11th 2013 new
Who remembers the scene in the movie Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey's character says to the girl he likes, "What are the chances that a guy like you and a girl like me could ever get together?" And she says "One in a million." And he says, "So you're sayin' there's a chance!" I've posted over 600 times on this site and this feels like my worst post yet.
Jan 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The only way CM knows of a successful match is if the couple (or someone who knows them) drops a...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

The only way CM knows of a successful match is if the couple (or someone who knows them) drops a dime; I suspect a significant majority just slip off silently into the sunrise.

Also keep in mind the success stories are only the beginning of the story. While we all hope each one remains a success, statistically, the odds in favor of this outcome are not very good.p>

The best we can do is read the stories we do have, learn what we can from them, and pray for all the CM couples, known and unknown.

--hide--

I wonder if there are any stats on divorce rates for couples that pray daily together - especially praying The Holy Rosary together daily. I strongly believe that a family that prays together, stays together.
Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: And he says, "So you're sayin' there's a chance!" I've posted over 600 times o...
(Quote) John-746882 said: And he says, "So you're sayin' there's a chance!" I've posted over 600 times on this site and this feels like my worst post yet.
--hide--

John,

How can optimism be part of a "worst post yet"? No, no,no. Optimism is a very good thing. wave

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Who remembers the scene in the movie Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey's character says to the girl he...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Who remembers the scene in the movie Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey's character says to the girl he likes, "What are the chances that a guy like you and a girl like me could ever get together?" And she says "One in a million." And he says, "So you're sayin' there's a chance!" I've posted over 600 times on this site and this feels like my worst post yet.
--hide--

Don't feel bad, John. When I saw the topic of this thread, my first thought was, what if the millionth person was named Mark? That would be so cool!

(Thank you for inspiring me to post this embarrassingly lame random thought.)

Jan 15th 2013 new
Thanks Maricela. You're right. You gotta have laughter in this life.
Jan 15th 2013 new
Man says to God: "God, how long is a million years to You?" God says, "About a second." The man says, "God, how much is a million dollars to You? God says, "Oh about a penny." The man says, "God.....can I have a penny? God says, "Sure, in a second."
Jan 15th 2013 new
Kathy I think a shower of confetti and a lot of party favors and streamers should celebrate the occasion once Mark or whatever his/her name is turns the counter to 1,000,000.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10