Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

01/10/2013 new

clap Ah, Nathan--always working to improve the CM site! hug Job security??? scratchchin

I like the photo "likes" idea, but don't need to know who "likes/dislikes" either the photos or the Forum posts.

(I like the anonymity of "torpedoing" Victor!) stir the pot! Its getting cold! hissyfit pirate we are borg raspberry

01/10/2013 new

Well done Nathan...just reviewed the enhancements. Thank you!

01/10/2013 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: I just made live some changes we've been working over the past month. One is a better and con...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

I just made live some changes we've been working over the past month. One is a better and consolidated management of photos. A few more bells and whistles will probably be added shortly, but it's there. Feedback is appreciated - and I know I'm missing a link to remove your profile photo. I'll get to that later today hopefully.

I also updated the viewer for photos. It should have broader compatibility with tablets and phones, and as I wrote it myself, I have the possibility of adding back in photo views and comments.

One other thing is ready, but didn't go live, as I wanted a bit of feedback. Likes. We've seen a need for a "low risk" show of interest - something that isn't as difficult as an Emotigram. One solution was liking someone's something. I've got it ready for photos, with this implimentation: you can like anyone's photo, and a count will show on the photo for everyone. But only the owner of the photo will be able to see who has liked it. There would be a daily digest of who had liked your things at the end of the day to let you know.

I think it's a great idea. I mean, I wouldn't have written it if I didn't, obviously. I would even like to replace the thumbs up/down in the forums with these likes (although in the forums, probably everyone would be able to see who had liked a post).

Does anyone have any thoughts, comments, objections, etc?

--hide--

The likeable photos sound awesome to me!

01/10/2013 new
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Ah, Nathan--always working to improve the CM site! Job security??? I like the photo "likes...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Ah, Nathan--always working to improve the CM site! Job security???

I like the photo "likes" idea, but don't need to know who "likes/dislikes" either the photos or the Forum posts.

(I like the anonymity of "torpedoing" Victor!)

--hide--

I am actually curious to see, who, if any, likes my pics.
01/10/2013 new
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Ah, Nathan--always working to improve the CM site! Job security??? I like the photo "likes...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Ah, Nathan--always working to improve the CM site! Job security???

(I like the anonymity of "torpedoing" Victor!)

--hide--

Besides, I think the anonymous "likes" is useless as a device for getting the other to notice you. :)
01/10/2013 new

I "like" the idea of someone being able to "like" my pictures, and it is an even less direct "contact" with someone you may or may not "like" than an emote is.

I myself (being an old fogey) think that people are getting further and further away from being adult and just writing a message to someone, reaching out, trying to actually connect, not all minimalist but full on, and it either works, or it doesn't.

All this "he looked at me, what does that mean"..."she responded in the forums to my post what does that mean" to "I got a bare emote, what does that mean" Lord, help us people, just write to each other and find out.

So sure, I will be interested to see if anyone "likes" my pictures, but I would prefer someone write me and say so, and for me, if I "like" your pictures, you can be assured I will send you an actual message telling you so.

01/10/2013 new

I "like" the idea of someone being able to "like" my pictures, and it is an even less direct "contact" with someone you may or may not "like" than an emote is.

I myself (being an old fogey) think that people are getting further and further away from being adult and just writing a message to someone, reaching out, trying to actually connect, not all minimalist but full on, and it either works, or it doesn't.

All this "he looked at me, what does that mean"..."she responded in the forums to my post what does that mean" to "I got a bare emote, what does that mean" Lord, help us people, just write to each other and find out.

So sure, I will be interested to see if anyone "likes" my pictures, but I would prefer someone write me and say so, and for me, if I "like" your pictures, you can be assured I will send you an actual message telling you so.

01/10/2013 new
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: I just made live some changes we've been working over the past month. One is a better and consolidated mana...

I just made live some changes we've been working over the past month. One is a better and consolidated management of photos. A few more bells and whistles will probably be added shortly, but it's there. Feedback is appreciated - and I know I'm missing a link to remove your profile photo. I'll get to that later today hopefully.

I also updated the viewer for photos. It should have broader compatibility with tablets and phones, and as I wrote it myself, I have the possibility of adding back in photo views and comments.

One other thing is ready, but didn't go live, as I wanted a bit of feedback. Likes. We've seen a need for a "low risk" show of interest - something that isn't as difficult as an Emotigram. One solution was liking someone's something. I've got it ready for photos, with this implimentation: you can like anyone's photo, and a count will show on the photo for everyone. But only the owner of the photo will be able to see who has liked it. There would be a daily digest of who had liked your things at the end of the day to let you know.

I think it's a great idea. I mean, I wouldn't have written it if I didn't, obviously. I would even like to replace the thumbs up/down in the forums with these likes (although in the forums, probably everyone would be able to see who had liked a post).

--hide--

Nathan,

I'm having difficulty looking at photos with this new system. Even if I zoom out, I still have to scroll down in the box to see and click on the arrows to view the next picture. When I do that, it cuts off the top of the next photo. When I try to scroll up, the scroll up arrow is so close to the red X I wind up closing out of the pictures altogether. Its very frustrating. I don't know if it's happenning only to me or if I am doing something wrong. Nathan, please advise.
01/10/2013 new
I believe that the black background for the pictures detracts from the photo quality.

Is there any way to make the copy larger for the photos?
01/11/2013 new

New photo viewer is a very good upgrade. Uploader is broken with IE for both regular and basic. Uploader only works with basic with Firefox -- for me anyway...

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: I just made live some changes we've been working over the past month. One is a better and con...

--hide--

Posts 11 - 20 of 46