Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Jan 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: I just made live some changes we've been working over the past month. One is a better and consolidated mana...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

I just made live some changes we've been working over the past month. One is a better and consolidated management of photos. A few more bells and whistles will probably be added shortly, but it's there. Feedback is appreciated - and I know I'm missing a link to remove your profile photo. I'll get to that later today hopefully.

I also updated the viewer for photos. It should have broader compatibility with tablets and phones, and as I wrote it myself, I have the possibility of adding back in photo views and comments.

One other thing is ready, but didn't go live, as I wanted a bit of feedback. Likes. We've seen a need for a "low risk" show of interest - something that isn't as difficult as an Emotigram. One solution was liking someone's something. I've got it ready for photos, with this implimentation: you can like anyone's photo, and a count will show on the photo for everyone. But only the owner of the photo will be able to see who has liked it. There would be a daily digest of who had liked your things at the end of the day to let you know.

I think it's a great idea. I mean, I wouldn't have written it if I didn't, obviously. I would even like to replace the thumbs up/down in the forums with these likes (although in the forums, probably everyone would be able to see who had liked a post).

Does anyone have any thoughts, comments, objections, etc?

--hide--

Great work Nathan. I have a request if it is possible! to be able to post a photo in a forum post without having to share all our profile photos,

Thank you for all the efforts made! smile
Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) ed-925050 said: New photo viewer is a very good upgrade. Uploader is broken with IE for both regular and basic. Uplo...
(Quote) ed-925050 said:

New photo viewer is a very good upgrade. Uploader is broken with IE for both regular and basic. Uploader only works with basic with Firefox -- for me anyway...

--hide--

Uploader should be fixed in IE. I couldn't find any issue with it in Firefox at all.

Any more details on how or what part it breaks on is appreciated.

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I believe that the black background for the pictures detracts from the photo quality. Is there a...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I believe that the black background for the pictures detracts from the photo quality.

Is there any way to make the copy larger for the photos?
--hide--

The general response from everyone who tested this thought the black actually accentuated and improved the experience of viewing photos. It may come down to taste at some point, and with all things of that nature I doubt I'll be able to make everyone happy. As for larger photos - we're going to be changing how the panels work (the thing the viewer loads in) that will allow for panels that expand to the whole viewing window. This will let me update the photo viewer to show the largest image possible.

Any one else want to comment on the background color? I'd love a little more consensus ...

Robin Nathan

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Ah, Nathan--always working to improve the CM site! Job security??? I like the photo &qu...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Ah, Nathan--always working to improve the CM site! Job security???

I like the photo "likes" idea, but don't need to know who "likes/dislikes" either the photos or the Forum posts.

(I like the anonymity of "torpedoing" Victor!)

--hide--

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Ah, Nathan--always working to improve the CM site! Job security??? I like the photo &qu...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Ah, Nathan--always working to improve the CM site! Job security???

I like the photo "likes" idea, but don't need to know who "likes/dislikes" either the photos or the Forum posts.

(I like the anonymity of "torpedoing" Victor!)

--hide--

x2 - like the Photo "likes" idea... and not sure a forum really needs a likes/dislikes icon. Remove it and let members post their original thoughts rather than jumping on someone elses wagon..

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: The general response from everyone who tested this thought the black actually accentuate...

The general response from everyone who tested this thought the black actually accentuated and improved the experience of viewing photos. It may come down to taste at some point, and with all things of that nature I doubt I'll be able to make everyone happy. As for larger photos - we're going to be changing how the panels work (the thing the viewer loads in) that will allow for panels that expand to the whole viewing window. This will let me update the photo viewer to show the largest image possible.

Any one else want to comment on the background color? I'd love a little more consensus ...

Nathan

--hide--

I like the Blk background def makes the pic stand out...but it took me a second to see the comments for the photo up in the upper right corner. Can the pic comment remain in the frame of the picture?

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: The general response from everyone who tested this thought the black actually accentuate...

Nathan

--hide--
I like the black background as well.

Jan 11th 2013 new

Usually you can select the photo you want. But the status bar does not show it uploading, nor is there a button to say "upload now" etc. Will try it again later tonight....

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: Uploader should be fixed in IE. I couldn't find any issue with it in Firefox at all....

Uploader should be fixed in IE. I couldn't find any issue with it in Firefox at all.

Any more details on how or what part it breaks on is appreciated.

--hide--

Jan 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Helen-407474 said: I like the black background as well.
(Quote) Helen-407474 said:

I like the black background as well.

--hide--

I do like the black background as well. It, for me, at least, makes the pictures look higher quality.
Jan 12th 2013 new
Can the pause between pictures be eliminated?
Posts 21 - 30 of 46