Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

How many of you think remaining physically attractive to your spouse is important enough to actually put some effort into it? Is your view that physical fitness was something you just had as a gift up until your twenties-something, and then saw it slowly fade away,or something you continue to make sacrifices for in order to maintain?

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: How many of you think remaining physically attractive to your spouse is important enough to actua...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

How many of you think remaining physically attractive to your spouse is important enough to actually put some effort into it? Is your view that physical fitness was something you just had as a gift up until your twenties-something, and then saw it slowly fade away,or something you continue to make sacrifices for in order to maintain?

--hide--

I think it is important to take care of yourself for many reasons. If you have a spouse, you want to not be a burden so you should do what you can to stay fit. You should try to take care of yourself because your body is a gift from God to house your soul and be a temple for God. You should care enough about your spouse that you try to be appealing -- bathe often, have your hair neat and clean and styled so you both enjoy it, dress so that you show respect, exercise enough that your body is fit and not a turn off -- you give your body to your spouseand your spouse give his/her body to you daily so make it a good gift, not one you are turned off by.

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I think it is important to take care of yourself for many reasons. If you have a sp...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I think it is important to take care of yourself for many reasons. If you have a spouse, you want to not be a burden so you should do what you can to stay fit. You should try to take care of yourself because your body is a gift from God to house your soul and be a temple for God. You should care enough about your spouse that you try to be appealing -- bathe often, have your hair neat and clean and styled so you both enjoy it, dress so that you show respect, exercise enough that your body is fit and not a turn off -- you give your body to your spouseand your spouse give his/her body to you daily so make it a good gift, not one you are turned off by.

--hide--

Thank you Rachel! You brought some interesting aspects into your answer.

Jan 10th 2013 new

Hi Peter
Since we are together for our lives ~ it only makes sense to be the best you for each other. Enjoying each change and each shift.
Expressing your love , your body is necessary right?

Jan 10th 2013 new

Hi Peter
Since we are together for our lives ~ it only makes sense to be the best you for each other. Enjoying each change and each shift.

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-928471 said: Hi PeterSince we are together for our lives ~ it only makes sense to be the best you for each...
(Quote) Linda-928471 said:

Hi Peter

--hide--

I totally agree Linda! Yet I am amazed how many doesn't seem to make the smallest effort in their daily routine in order to keep that spark alive.

Jan 10th 2013 new
Peter,

Woman are like the wine. The older we get the better we get. We do not make any sacrifices, inner and outer beauty is God's gift to us.
Jan 11th 2013 new

At the risk of sounding shallow, the reality is that physical attraction is very important, particularly to males. And I think it's safe to say that most women would prefer a man who has made the effort to keep himself looking good as well -- I know I do! Women need to understand that males are much much much more visually stimulated than they are, and if they want their man to want them, they really need to respect that need that he has. Of course as we age, we age, but we needn't let ourselves go to pot! There is plenty we can do to stay attractive without too much pain and suffering, but a little pain and suffering is not too much to ask for someone you love. Eat right, get enough exercise, and dress in a way that accents the positive and men will be very appreciative!

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: Peter, Woman are like the wine. The older we get the better we get. We do not make any sacrifice...
(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: Peter,

Woman are like the wine. The older we get the better we get. We do not make any sacrifices, inner and outer beauty is God's gift to us.
--hide--
Lucia, while I agree women are like wine and the wine is our Lords creation, the bottle needs tender care in order to do its job: to protect the wine and allow it to be at its very best. Keeping the bottle intact requires eating good food in healthy amounts and exercise. I don't see that as sacrifices, but people who made excessive amounts of junk food their dietary cornerstone and think walking two miles is plain torture, might think otherwise.

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Mimi-621092 said: At the risk of sounding shallow, the reality is that physical attraction is
(Quote) Mimi-621092 said:

At the risk of sounding shallow, the reality is that physical attraction is very important, particularly to males. And I think it's safe to say that most women would prefer a man who has made the effort to keep himself looking good as well -- I know I do! Women need to understand that males are much much much more visually stimulated than they are, and if they want their man to want them, they really need to respect that need that he has. Of course as we age, we age, but we needn't let ourselves go to pot! There is plenty we can do to stay attractive without too much pain and suffering, but a little pain and suffering is not too much to ask for someone you love. Eat right, get enough exercise, and dress in a way that accents the positive and men will be very appreciative!

--hide--

Mimi, with those insights you will make your future husband one very, very lucky man.

Posts 1 - 10 of 19