Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Mimi, with those insights you will make your future husband one very, very lucky man.
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Mimi, with those insights you will make your future husband one very, very lucky man.

--hide--

Thank you Peter, I hope so! biggrin

Jan 13th 2013 new

I think my passion of running and cycling and sometimes racing still, helps me remain in better physical shape than others who don't enjoy exercise. A side benefit is I look and feel better for the ladys. I do it for ME first though. I still want to explore the outdoors as I continue to get older and would like a gal to do it with.

Jan 14th 2013 new
As we age, it is even more important to remain physically fit. I go to a women's gym 3 days a week. I can definitely tell a difference in how my body feels when I've gotten out of the habit. And, several years ago, when I had to have a hip replacement, my recovery was swift. The doctor attributed that to my regularly exercising before surgery. I did observe younger men and women in rehab not able to do some of the exercises as easily as I did, and chatting with them told me they did not regularly exercise prior to surgery. i was grateful those hours at the gym paid off. I've never been a thin woman, but my husband always said, "I like my women built to last and want something soft to hug." Laugh. Another man might not have felt the same way, but I knew my husband meant it because he married me that way. I always made sure I was we'll groomed and tried to present myself well. So, my point is, Peter, I don't think we all have to be physically "buff" with perfect abs, but staying healthily fit will definitely pay off as we age. Go for it. You'll be glad later.
Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: How many of you think remaining physically attractive to your spouse is important enough to actua...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

How many of you think remaining physically attractive to your spouse is important enough to actually put some effort into it? Is your view that physical fitness was something you just had as a gift up until your twenties-something, and then saw it slowly fade away,or something you continue to make sacrifices for in order to maintain?

--hide--
Hello, Peter.

If you are concerned about a certain someone who looks good now, but are afraid she'll let herself go once married, ask to look at her photo albums. You can pretty much ascertain if she is someone with the propensity to let herself go. If you are not attracted to heavy set women, look for signs to see if she has ever been pleasantly plump or obese. One other thing you should know, after pregnancy, women carry extra weight which is temporary. Today, I see many young girls who are heavy walking with their skinny spouses, and I wonder if they were heavy to begin with or let themselves go.

Women who are senior singles should take extra care to keep their weight down (it's difficult -- metabolism slows down) this goes for men too. Keep hair clean, apply a little make-up, remove unwanted hair, get manicures, apply a little light perfume and take care of teeth. Wow! we women have it tough! All this is routine hygiene that should be practiced whether young or old. This goes for senior gents too. We are all visual by nature and this is a natural concern. Attraction is brought on by the first step (physical profile) and the next will be the personality profile which will be examined closer at the first meeting, second, etc.

This is my opinion -- may not necessarily mean it is right.

PS: Perhaps it is a good idea to scan some old pictures of various stages in our lives to show a history of our physique, and post them here at CM. soapbox OK, maybe I said too much.

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Nick-314192 said: I think my passion of running and cycling and sometimes racing still, helps me remain in better ph...
(Quote) Nick-314192 said:

I think my passion of running and cycling and sometimes racing still, helps me remain in better physical shape than others who don't enjoy exercise. A side benefit is I look and feel better for the ladys. I do it for ME first though. I still want to explore the outdoors as I continue to get older and would like a gal to do it with.

--hide--

Taking care of your body is, in my opinion, first and foremost showing appropriate respect and gratefulness for this gift from God. That your spouse might also benefit from this is a bonus.

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Sandra-924681 said: As we age, it is even more important to remain physically fit. I go to a women's gym 3 days a week....
(Quote) Sandra-924681 said: As we age, it is even more important to remain physically fit. I go to a women's gym 3 days a week. I can definitely tell a difference in how my body feels when I've gotten out of the habit. And, several years ago, when I had to have a hip replacement, my recovery was swift. The doctor attributed that to my regularly exercising before surgery. I did observe younger men and women in rehab not able to do some of the exercises as easily as I did, and chatting with them told me they did not regularly exercise prior to surgery. i was grateful those hours at the gym paid off. I've never been a thin woman, but my husband always said, "I like my women built to last and want something soft to hug." Laugh. Another man might not have felt the same way, but I knew my husband meant it because he married me that way. I always made sure I was we'll groomed and tried to present myself well. So, my point is, Peter, I don't think we all have to be physically "buff" with perfect abs, but staying healthily fit will definitely pay off as we age. Go for it. You'll be glad later.
--hide--

Isn't it just amazing how quick and well our body responds to a little maintenance. Quicker healing time after surgery is a tremendous bonus.

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: Hello, Peter.If you are concerned about a certain someone who looks good now, but are afr...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

Hello, Peter.

If you are concerned about a certain someone who looks good now, but are afraid she'll let herself go once married, ask to look at her photo albums. You can pretty much ascertain if she is someone with the propensity to let herself go. If you are not attracted to heavy set women, look for signs to see if she has ever been pleasantly plump or obese. One other thing you should know, after pregnancy, women carry extra weight which is temporary. Today, I see many young girls who are heavy walking with their skinny spouses, and I wonder if they were heavy to begin with or let themselves go.

Women who are senior singles should take extra care to keep their weight down (it's difficult -- metabolism slows down) this goes for men too. Keep hair clean, apply a little make-up, remove unwanted hair, get manicures, apply a little light perfume and take care of teeth. Wow! we women have it tough! All this is routine hygiene that should be practiced whether young or old. This goes for senior gents too. We are all visual by nature and this is a natural concern. Attraction is brought on by the first step (physical profile) and the next will be the personality profile which will be examined closer at the first meeting, second, etc.

This is my opinion -- may not necessarily mean it is right.

PS: Perhaps it is a good idea to scan some old pictures of various stages in our lives to show a history of our physique, and post them here at CM. OK, maybe I said too much.

--hide--

Thank you for sharing your opinion! I appreciate that. smile

I've learned over the years that it's a matter of habits. Good or bad habits. As I'm primarily interested in women in my own age group it's relatively easy to see if she's the type who jo-jo's up and down in weight or if she's gained and maintained good habits since years and years. Just this day I saw a woman in her mid fifties who was in a shape I know many, many twenty year old girls can only dream of being in. Speaking of good habits.

Jan 17th 2013 new

I am in the best shape of my life at age 52. I believe in 2nd chances, and I want to be physically attractive for the love of my life.

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: I am in the best shape of my life at age 52. I believe in 2nd chances, and I want to be physical...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

I am in the best shape of my life at age 52. I believe in 2nd chances, and I want to be physically attractive for the love of my life.

--hide--

That's the spirit! thumbsup smile

Posts 11 - 19 of 19