Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/10/2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Wait, so you aren't interested in 50 year old cholerics? I mean, I just want to make sure what...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Wait, so you aren't interested in 50 year old cholerics? I mean, I just want to make sure what "age-appropriate" means to you... lol What about the "pants thing"? Should I check on that as well?

--hide--

You're taking orders? Great! Yeah, I'm sure there are some fantastic 50 year-olds out there, but my comfortable age range is less like 20 and more like 5ish in either direction... a little bit of leeway may be negotiable, depending on how knocked-off my socks are. wink

Yes, please make sure they are not opposed to my wearing pants. Not THE pants, mind you, just regular ol' everyday, non-psychologically altering, made for women women's pants. Also, it would be good if they were okay with wearing pants too. I only have so much patience for bailing people out of jail for indecent public exposure. So pants, yes... Although you know, I could probably overlook a Scot in a kilt because Scottish accents... hooboy. faint

And I'd like a small order of fries and a Dr. Pepper with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. thumbsup

01/10/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: You're taking orders? Great! Yeah, I'm sure there are some fantastic 50 year-old...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

You're taking orders? Great! Yeah, I'm sure there are some fantastic 50 year-olds out there, but my comfortable age range is less like 20 and more like 5ish in either direction... a little bit of leeway may be negotiable, depending on how knocked-off my socks are.

Yes, please make sure they are not opposed to my wearing pants. Not THE pants, mind you, just regular ol' everyday, non-psychologically altering, made for women women's pants. Also, it would be good if they were okay with wearing pants too. I only have so much patience for bailing people out of jail for indecent public exposure. So pants, yes... Although you know, I could probably overlook a Scot in a kilt because Scottish accents... hooboy.

And I'd like a small order of fries and a Dr. Pepper with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing Omgosh, we are SOOOOO BFF's. I'm dying.

We just may be the REASON why some guys on here are too scared to initiate. wink Oh well! laughing

01/10/2013 new

I'm not that scary, honest. Do I need to get some testimonials from people who have dated me in real life? I have references, people! References!

01/10/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: I'm not that scary, honest. Do I need to get some testimonials from people who have dated me ...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

I'm not that scary, honest. Do I need to get some testimonials from people who have dated me in real life? I have references, people! References!

--hide--

laughing Oh man... I actually did read on a guy's profile something like:

"Some girl is going to be lucky to have you." - my ex-girlfriend

And another put, I've gone to several weddings of ex-girlfriends. laughing

01/11/2013 new

(Quote) Linda-928471 said: HiGreat question! I have never had a similar personality as a match and since I am very high ...
(Quote) Linda-928471 said:

Hi
Great question! I have never had a similar personality as a match and since I am very high sanguine I woud bask in the delight of another sanguine!
It is difficult for myself dealing with the negativity that sometimes come from opposing personalities. Even though I am happy, easy going and just go with it, it can grate on my nerves and cramps my love for living.

Sanguines out there love to hear from you !

--hide--

Hi Linda,

I'm 95% sanguine and 5% phlegmatic, but not sure this test is totally accurate since I have a bit of a strong willed streak in there somewhere. Also, center of attention is not me, I prefer to share laughter etc. in a group or in one on one conversation, sort of like a fun tennis match except with out the need to win. I prefer happy, positive, warm, outgoing people. I also like quiet reflective times as well and don't feel I have to share every thought I have. I do not like to be around negative, controlling, game playing people. So I think a like match would be a good thing. An opposite brooding, negative person would not be comfortable for me.

theheart

01/11/2013 new

I'm also known as the Mother/Grandmother of the afterthought. So I'll mention that while sanguines' are characterized as flighty or unfocused I do not see it that way. I see them as just so interested in life and all the it offers, so why not have many varied interests? Also, I'm old enough to be responsible to attend to business and make sure bills etc. do not slip through the cracks. Although, give me a good book and I'll push the envelope on getting the vac out.

theheart

01/11/2013 new

I definitely want someone to complement me (and compliment me as well tongue ) I don't think I could stand dealing with someone like myself--there would be too much indecision and nothing would get done for the sake for keeping harmony in the relationship. Ugh. I even say in my profile that I'm looking for someone to complement myself, a person who would be more social but someone that I can help to ground. I would say I'm attracted to sincere charmers with sly senses of humor.

According to the temperament test I'm 52% sanguine and 48% melancholic, but I'm a bit sceptical about that as sometimes all it takes is the right audience to get me going. Just ask my niece, who is now at the age where my antics will start to embarrass her rather than amuse. laughing

01/11/2013 new

I have found that if I am corresponding with someone who is heavily Phlegmatic I get frustrated with the same things I know are my own weaknesses.. Like the tendency to let others walk all over me so as to avoid confrontation. (I've outgrown some of that because I've had to). While I fear the 'control freak' tendencies of a Choleric, my experience has been they draw me out of myself. I would think that two Cholerics in the same house would be too much 'drive'..

01/11/2013 new
My temperament test result is 68%sanguine and 32% choleric. It is not 100% accurate for me, i can say it fits me 90% wink smile Same when looking at a guy's profile i can't judge him completely based on the temperament test. Of course it gives a hint for the type of personality, something to start with not to base everything on it. I follow my gut feelings and signs i see while interacting with people..

What i look for is a healthy balanced personality who doesn't have anger issue. When i say anger issue it means he could be from any personality temperament type and have anger issue. What i mean with anger issue is a person who doesn't know how to deal with anger whether by expressing it in inappropriate way or keeping it inside and not knowing how to sort it out. Which in both ways may affect a relationship.
01/11/2013 new

(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: I definitely want someone to complement me (and compliment me as well ) I don't think I cou...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

I definitely want someone to complement me (and compliment me as well ) I don't think I could stand dealing with someone like myself--there would be too much indecision and nothing would get done for the sake for keeping harmony in the relationship. Ugh. I even say in my profile that I'm looking for someone to complement myself, a person who would be more social but someone that I can help to ground. I would say I'm attracted to sincere charmers with sly senses of humor.

According to the temperament test I'm 52% sanguine and 48% melancholic, but I'm a bit sceptical about that as sometimes all it takes is the right audience to get me going. Just ask my niece, who is now at the age where my antics will start to embarrass her rather than amuse.

--hide--

Okay..I had to go look because I don't think one can be both Sanguine and Melancholic at the same time..You meant Phlegmatic.. wink

Posts 11 - 20 of 71