Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 12th 2013 new
I agree with people who take the temperament test. It is not there to judge people but to get to know each other in better way. CM provided us with very good tools to use while interacting with each other. Each personality type has its positive and negative sides but the tools help us to know what are the points that we need to work on or improve or watch over while interacting with the other person of the same type or the opposite type.

We should not be looking only to find the right person or the right personality type because we will be lost or confused or doubting things but for most we should be looking to create the right relationship. Healthy and balanced relationships could be found with any personality type when both persons have faith in their relationship and listen to the voice of God, when both assume their role and put their efforts to make their relationship work, it will work. smile wink hug
Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I met a guy on here whose personality was strongly choleric like me. Though I ended things for oth...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I met a guy on here whose personality was strongly choleric like me. Though I ended things for other reasons, I realized we were TOO alike. The do's and don't's on here for relating to each other were the same. How weird. People have commented that I'd be better off with someone who was more laid back and passive in some aspects. It did get me thinking. What personality would compliment you? Would you rather someone be similar to you, or would that make you clash with each other?

--hide--

I feel that all personalities can get a long with all the other personallities..... In my opinion if they are willing to listen, care, love, share, and be patient they can get along with others that are the same or different. May GBU all!

Jan 12th 2013 new

Tara, that's a great question, and I have an answer and it's quite simple..YAY!! Core values have to be in alignment right? So long as core values are in alignment, you don't want someone identical to you because that would get boring. But forget boring, I am not talking about boring because boring isn't what it's about or what would happen. When we spend time with people who have different personalities then we do, it opens us up to new experiences and opportunities we most likely wouldn't pursue on our own. For example, if you are a shy and quiet non risk, non adventurous type of person, you will not try scuba diving or sky diving or sailing or surfing or mountain climbing, maybe even working out, but if you are with someone who is like that, it could open you up to things that you too would love but never would have thought about doing. Personality traits that should be very similar are senses of humor. You can't think Will Ferrel movies are funny and the other think completely obnoxious and vulgar. That gets annoying. Nothing shuts down a relationship faster than one person getting annoyed with the other. Think about it, it's the thinks that really annoy us about someone's personality that eliminate them from being exclusive in our lives. If they are too uptight and you aren't like that, it won't work, etc, etc...IF BOTH people are laid back and go with the flow and well rounded and can fit well in any social situation, then that's the best fit.

Jan 12th 2013 new

I'm almost split evenly between phlegmatic and sanguine personalities, but the phlegmatic side dominates. Before I was aware of the personality types, I was aware that I attracted "type A" personality women, or what would be categorized here as choleric. I was told by some of these women that my calm demeanor and peaceful disposition is what drew them to me. So that part of it made sense, we seek those elements we feel we are missing in our lives. However, more often than not, these same elements that initially attracted them also began to annoy them and a few of these choleric women (including one fiancee) began pushing buttons to see what it took to get a rise out of me. So when I read the "do's and don'ts" that CM provides regarding the personality types, I can agree with most of the suggestions. Of course it's not all cookie cutter adherence, but the suggestions are certainly useful as guidelines.

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I met a guy on here whose personality was strongly choleric like me. Though I ended things for oth...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I met a guy on here whose personality was strongly choleric like me. Though I ended things for other reasons, I realized we were TOO alike. The do's and don't's on here for relating to each other were the same. How weird. People have commented that I'd be better off with someone who was more laid back and passive in some aspects. It did get me thinking. What personality would compliment you? Would you rather someone be similar to you, or would that make you clash with each other?

--hide--

And God said, "One complimentary personality, coming right up." Some people, come to think of it, get two or more! How about that! crazy balloon

I'm sanguine/phlegmatic usually...sometimes a secondary choleric. Mood at the time of test-taking might affect the results. It's been interesting to retake the test from time to time and see slight changes in how I might react.

I think I am drawn more to choleric men than to a phlegmatic, a sanguine more than a melancholic.

Jan 12th 2013 new
I find this very confusing. Good friends of mine have a variety of personalities and temperaments. We get along well. I am going to enjoy reading this thread because, again I haven't a clue.
Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I find this very confusing. Good friends of mine have a variety of personalities and temperaments. We get ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I find this very confusing. Good friends of mine have a variety of personalities and temperaments. We get along well. I am going to enjoy reading this thread because, again I haven't a clue.
--hide--

We have the same 2 temperaments.... so we shouldn't date. laughing

Jan 12th 2013 new

So funny you raise this topic, it is one I reflected on recently. The forums are really great for this stuff...

My experience was going on a couple of dates with someone recently that has a similar choleric/melancholic temperment to mine. Attractive, similar values, great family - sounds perfect, right? I had great admiration and respect for her, but was not attracted to her. She emailed me after the second date saying basically the same thing about me. We parted as friends. The experience helped me to clarify the type of lady I'm typically interested in, namely: outgoing, personable, fun, sarcastic...moreso sanguine types. Milk toast/depressives need not apply! I say typically because I try to be open and not work off a checklist.

I think the differences make for more interesting conversation.

Jan 12th 2013 new

Laissez les bon temps rouler! Or something like that. That's what sanguines do for me. We would have a blast together. I'm pretty sure my husband was Choleric. We were definitely opposites and in some ways that was good as we balanced each other out really well. I do hope to find someone that is not a total opposite. I think it would be fun to share the same sense of playfulness.

Jan 13th 2013 new
:) I'm letting the good times roll... With my choleric self! Lol
Posts 31 - 40 of 71