Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I see dead people. Couldn't resist.
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I see dead people.

Couldn't resist.

--hide--

HMMMM, okay, Tara. Well, uh, okay. laughing faint Just jokin' wit 'ya.

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: HMMMM, okay, Tara. Well, uh, okay. Just jokin' wit 'ya.
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

HMMMM, okay, Tara. Well, uh, okay. Just jokin' wit 'ya.

--hide--

lol.... When you start a sentence with "I see" - come on, am I the only one who thinks of "The Sixth Sense"? lol

Actually a colleague was just talking about this movie a few days ago.

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: lol.... When you start a sentence with "I see" - come on, am I the...

lol.... When you start a sentence with "I see" - come on, am I the only one who thinks of "The Sixth Sense"? lol

Actually a colleague was just talking about this movie a few days ago.

--hide--

Actually "I see" scratchchin makes me think of my high school Humanities teacher. She always said that when I contributed to the class discussion. She would pause for a really really long time and just say THAT. laughing rolling eyes

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Okay..I had to go look because I don't think one can be both Sanguine and Melanch...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Okay..I had to go look because I don't think one can be both Sanguine and Melancholic at the same time..You meant Phlegmatic..

--hide--

Well, how about major mood/personality changes?? eyepopping cookiemonster pirate raspberry hissyfit

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: My temperament test result is 68%sanguine and 32% choleric. It is not 100% accurate for me, i can say ...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: My temperament test result is 68%sanguine and 32% choleric. It is not 100% accurate for me, i can say it fits me 90% Same when looking at a guy's profile i can't judge him completely based on the temperament test. Of course it gives a hint for the type of personality, something to start with not to base everything on it. I follow my gut feelings and signs i see while interacting with people..

What i look for is a healthy balanced personality who doesn't have anger issue. When i say anger issue it means he could be from any personality temperament type and have anger issue. What i mean with anger issue is a person who doesn't know how to deal with anger whether by expressing it in inappropriate way or keeping it inside and not knowing how to sort it out. Which in both ways may affect a relationship.
--hide--

Hi Therese

Wonderful insight into a very important aspect of life. There are few resources out there to assist kids , teens and early 20 sometings on how to deal with anger, other than self education . Far to often , anger is bottled and archived , believing that it can be permanently buried . I would humbly submit that this is not true .
Anger is a wonderful emotion when understood ! It highlights for us , who we are , what we believe , where we need to go, what is important to us , (helpful or hindering ) and what to work on . But went left unchecked and misunderstod , anger can be so debilitating and destructive .

Passion is a driving force for seeking and for change . Anger can also be, the best indicator of where we have been and where we need to go .
Channelled properly , anger is a powerful force for good . Without self discovery , anger is the place between too little and too much ! t5his often is a very big place !

Unfortunately , anger is often used as a venting machine rather than a blueprint for growth . Simply reducing the pressure in no way ,prevents in the future, the steam to once again, rise to the surface and boil over !

So important to realize that unresolved , unprocessed anger, is principly ignored pain and a dysfunctional cry for help . As we humble ourselves , due to the results of uncontrolled anger , we learn to embrace humilty . Our hearts become open to instruction , education and analaysis . By God's Grace many of us come to the source of truth , peace , patience and self control as we fall in love with God's holy Word :)

And it it here where we learn to, in a good way , be angry with ourselves :)

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I agree with people who take the temperament test. It is not there to judge people but to get to know ...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I agree with people who take the temperament test. It is not there to judge people but to get to know each other in better way. CM provided us with very good tools to use while interacting with each other. Each personality type has its positive and negative sides but the tools help us to know what are the points that we need to work on or improve or watch over while interacting with the other person of the same type or the opposite type.

We should not be looking only to find the right person or the right personality type because we will be lost or confused or doubting things but for most we should be looking to create the right relationship. Healthy and balanced relationships could be found with any personality type when both persons have faith in their relationship and listen to the voice of God, when both assume their role and put their efforts to make their relationship work, it will work.
--hide--

Dear Therese',

The Choleric, The Melancholic ,The Phlegmatic, The Sanguine

It was very educational for me to learn of the 4 different temperments . It was interesting to see how CM had catergorized me :)
I agree with you Therese, that the temperment test is primarily a guide and may not fit anyone 100% . Having said that , the information and descriptions provided in the 4 groups, give us , here in CM, potentially beneficial insight into trends , habits , likes and dislikes of ourselves and others.

Being aware and sensitve to the temperments of ourselves and others is mandatory in getting a new relationship to gel. The do's and dont's for each type offer us practical suggestions and solutions as we go about our lives , moving ever closer to becoming the best we can be :)

Vibrant relationships start with me understanding who I am and making sure my heart and head are working together in harmony , before I ever venture out to bring kindness , tenderness and Joy to a significant other :)

I am a big believer that regardless of ones temperment , it's very possible for any two people , regardless of temperment to be kind and loving to each other . The key to success is simple but not always easy . To be willing to reveal yourself to your mate and to simply work, with the understanding of both having the desire and commitment to build something beautiful. With God at the helm all things are possible ! :)

Jan 31st 2013 new
(Quote) Casey-637092 said: Hi Therese Wonderful insight into a very important aspect of life. There are few resource...
(Quote) Casey-637092 said:

Hi Therese

Wonderful insight into a very important aspect of life. There are few resources out there to assist kids , teens and early 20 sometings on how to deal with anger, other than self education . Far to often , anger is bottled and archived , believing that it can be permanently buried . I would humbly submit that this is not true .
Anger is a wonderful emotion when understood ! It highlights for us , who we are , what we believe , where we need to go, what is important to us , (helpful or hindering ) and what to work on . But went left unchecked and misunderstod , anger can be so debilitating and destructive .

Passion is a driving force for seeking and for change . Anger can also be, the best indicator of where we have been and where we need to go .
Channelled properly , anger is a powerful force for good . Without self discovery , anger is the place between too little and too much ! t5his often is a very big place !

Unfortunately , anger is often used as a venting machine rather than a blueprint for growth . Simply reducing the pressure in no way ,prevents in the future, the steam to once again, rise to the surface and boil over !

So important to realize that unresolved , unprocessed anger, is principly ignored pain and a dysfunctional cry for help . As we humble ourselves , due to the results of uncontrolled anger , we learn to embrace humilty . Our hearts become open to instruction , education and analaysis . By God's Grace many of us come to the source of truth , peace , patience and self control as we fall in love with God's holy Word :)

And it it here where we learn to, in a good way , be angry with ourselves :)

--hide--

Hello Casey,

Excellent detailed explanation, thank you, for sharing your valuable knowledge and addressing all aspects of anger. I would have never said it better. biggrin

As we humble ourselves , due to the results of uncontrolled anger , we learn to embrace humilty . Our hearts become open to instruction , education and analaysis . By God's Grace many of us come to the source of truth , peace , patience and self control as we fall in love with God's holy Word :)

Discovering our inner strength is the first positive change we can make then we can focus on the source of our pain/anger and trim it or deal with it.

I totally agree with what you said and how controlled anger has a very good effect on our life. Everyone of us needs to acknowledge its positive power. When anger is controlled in respect of intensity and length, and when we know when to create it and when to reduce it, it is the key to refrain it from hurting us or our beloved ones thus to succeed in our connection with others in all spheres. smile
Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I met a guy on here whose personality was strongly choleric like me. Though I ended things for oth...

I met a guy on here whose personality was strongly choleric like me. Though I ended things for other reasons, I realized we were TOO alike. The do's and don't's on here for relating to each other were the same. How weird. People have commented that I'd be better off with someone who was more laid back and passive in some aspects. It did get me thinking. What personality would compliment you? Would you rather someone be similar to you, or would that make you clash with each other?

--hide--

I met someone who could not be more unlike me or what I was looking for in a woman. But that was on paper. In real life I have never been better matched on all levels. There are no "excepts" or "if only's". We fit very well. I love her not in spite of our differences and her shortcomings but also BECAUSE of them.

Here it is almost two years after our first meeting/ We're diligently pursuing our annulments and hoping to marry.

We have to be open when seeking a spouse. Ruling people out based on profile alone does us and them a huge disservice.

Jan 31st 2013 new

I'm no longer a believer in opposites attract. (used to be for a period of over 30 years!....or thought so) I think areas of commonality help build a stronger bond between the two. Doing things together....having similar interests in entertainment, food friends etc. Most of all, SHARING the same Faith is HUGE!

Having said that...I think ALL of us are unique by God's design and there are OBVIOUS differences with "core personality" being one of them.

Same holds true for say....my MALE friends. If they had completely different interests than me.....we wouldn't be hanging out as much! (though my good friend "C" could care less about football...but loves pool!)

All of this IMHO of course.......

Jan 31st 2013 new
(Quote) Casey-637092 said: Dear Therese',The Choleric, The Melancholic ,The Phlegmatic, The Sanguine...
(Quote) Casey-637092 said:

Dear Therese',

The Choleric, The Melancholic ,The Phlegmatic, The Sanguine

It was very educational for me to learn of the 4 different temperments . It was interesting to see how CM had catergorized me :)
I agree with you Therese, that the temperment test is primarily a guide and may not fit anyone 100% . Having said that , the information and descriptions provided in the 4 groups, give us , here in CM, potentially beneficial insight into trends , habits , likes and dislikes of ourselves and others.

Being aware and sensitve to the temperments of ourselves and others is mandatory in getting a new relationship to gel. The do's and dont's for each type offer us practical suggestions and solutions as we go about our lives , moving ever closer to becoming the best we can be :)

Vibrant relationships start with me understanding who I am and making sure my heart and head are working together in harmony , before I ever venture out to bring kindness , tenderness and Joy to a significant other :)

I am a big believer that regardless of ones temperment , it's very possible for any two people , regardless of temperment to be kind and loving to each other . The key to success is simple but not always easy . To be willing to reveal yourself to your mate and to simply work, with the understanding of both having the desire and commitment to build something beautiful. With God at the helm all things are possible ! :)

--hide--

Good communication, common values and interests, and the ability to work out disagreements calmly and openly. Essentials in any relationship, they have nothing to do with personality types.

Joyful, Successful and Satisfying relationships are not found by looking for Mr/Mrs Right, not by looking for the "perfect partner". No one is perfect. All we need, more confirmation to your words Casey, is to look within and cross the boundaries of our own type hence open ourselves to others. The do's and don'ts tips that CM provided us are really helpful tools for our personal growth.

I came accross this link and found it very helpful to share, it provides hints about successful relationships

www.personalitydesk.com

If anyone likes to take the personality test, I found another link who has the same personality types prescribed in the above article.

www.personalitypage.com

Finally but not the end biggrin, looking for the personality type that matches with ours is building walls and losing opportunities.

Personality types helps us to know others, Knowing the others Love Languages is the recipe for long lasting relationship. heart
Posts 51 - 60 of 71