Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

01/18/2013 new
So where did ME disappear to? Wading into the fray on Facebook?
01/18/2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: So where did ME disappear to? Wading into the fray on Facebook?
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: So where did ME disappear to? Wading into the fray on Facebook?
--hide--

Most likely....
01/18/2013 new

(Quote) MaryEllen-298977 said: Yes that would have been a surprise. this reminds me of the winter after my mother pa...
(Quote) MaryEllen-298977 said:

Yes that would have been a surprise.

this reminds me of the winter after my mother passed away. I was in bed sleeping when suddenly I am woken up by a man banging on the front door screaming at me to let him in. I got up and ran to the door yelling at him, "I'm calling the cops so go away." He started screaming at me saying (in very slurred speech)... CHARLOTTE OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW YOU "B" I NEED TO PEE SO OPEN THE DOOR TO MY HOUSE NOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! I yelled back at him. "I'M NOT CHARLOTTE AND THIS IS NOT YOUR HOUSE SO IF YOU DON'T LEAVE NOW I'M CALLING THE COPS." All of a sudden I hear , "OH S###." wrong house. Where am I, then I hear him fall down the front steps and he dropped a few "F" bombs as he stumbled off.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing

01/18/2013 new

OK Victor called me chicken so I was forced to make that post on FB that I know I am going to get eaten alive for. wide eyed eyepopping laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

01/18/2013 new
(Quote) MaryEllen-298977 said: OK Victor called me chicken so I was forced to make that post on FB that I know I am going to get eaten ali...

OK Victor called me chicken so I was forced to make that post on FB that I know I am going to get eaten alive for.

--hide--

what did you post???
01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: what did you post???
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

what did you post???
--hide--
there was a post made about how horrible the movie the Hunger games was and how in these times such movies shouldn't be made. I disagreed and told them why but it seemed that those that said anything for the movie and the books got hit by those that didn't like it. so I'm just waiting. boggled laughing laughing laughing laughing

01/18/2013 new
(Quote) MaryEllen-298977 said: there was a post made about how horrible the movie the Hunger games was and how in these times such movies ...

there was a post made about how horrible the movie the Hunger games was and how in these times such movies shouldn't be made. I disagreed and told them why but it seemed that those that said anything for the movie and the books got hit by those that didn't like it. so I'm just waiting.

--hide--

I haven't seen the movie....but I don't make it to theaters very often
01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I haven't seen the movie....but I don't make it to theaters very often

I haven't seen the movie....but I don't make it to theaters very often
--hide--
it's based on the tree books of the same name. It is a bit violent particularly in the beginning. showing children killing children. Can be a bit disturbing at first but it is violence being forced on the youth by an oppressive futuristic government. It does have some strong messages of how children who are forced to live in violence can be desensitized to violence. A very important issue for today's kids. But it really is a good story of over coming oppression and that it is our youth that brings about that change. I do think these movies/books can be a great teaching moment for parents and some of the messages in the stories are important for teen agers to be having a guided dialog about. I do think the amount of violence our kids are exposed to is gratuitous and damaging. But I don't feel that way about this particular work of fiction.

01/18/2013 new
(Quote) MaryEllen-298977 said: it's based on the tree books of the same name. It is a bit violent particularly in the beginning. showi...

it's based on the tree books of the same name. It is a bit violent particularly in the beginning. showing children killing children. Can be a bit disturbing at first but it is violence being forced on the youth by an oppressive futuristic government. It does have some strong messages of how children who are forced to live in violence can be desensitized to violence. A very important issue for today's kids. But it really is a good story of over coming oppression and that it is our youth that brings about that change. I do think these movies/books can be a great teaching moment for parents and some of the messages in the stories are important for teen agers to be having a guided dialog about. I do think the amount of violence our kids are exposed to is gratuitous and damaging. But I don't feel that way about this particular work of fiction.

--hide--

I think our children are exposed to a lot of things they shouldn't be at a young age.....I know why so many parents choose home schooling these days.....
01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I think our children are exposed to a lot of things they shouldn't be at a young age.....I k...

I think our children are exposed to a lot of things they shouldn't be at a young age.....I know why so many parents choose home schooling these days.....
--hide--
Oh I understand that too. I honestly can't say that I myself wouldn't have home schooled for similar reasons. This is not a movie or a book for young kids for sure. but I also wouldn't condemn the work I would make the decissionas to whether I felt my child was capable of understand this story and either allow or not allow it based on that.

Posts 131 - 140 of 200