Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Both Lincoln and Wilson violated the Constitution far more greviously than Nixon ever d...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Both Lincoln and Wilson violated the Constitution far more greviously than Nixon ever did. Ditto for FDR, from the court stuffing scheme to the Japanese internment during WWII. He also repeated Wilson's trick of getting elected as the "peace president" while trying to goad Germany, and eventually Japan into firing the first shot to get the U.S. into the European theatre at Churchill's request.

--hide--

I agree. Unfortunately, to get the adult version of American history you have to go out and read it on your own; everything else in the mainstream isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: Are you disputing that Pope Innocent III declared the Magna Carta null and void on 24 A...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

Are you disputing that Pope Innocent III declared the Magna Carta null and void on 24 August 1215? or Are you disputing the reported reason behind the invalidation of the Magna Carta by the Pope?

--hide--

Im disputing what the Magna Carta says, and am stating the fact it became the basis of all rights enjoyed by the Western World

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: The first version of it was so declared, but that didn't sit well with the barons. ...

The first version of it was so declared, but that didn't sit well with the barons. The Charter was amended and passed in 1216 to undermine the rebel barons, and then amended yet again in 1225, neither time apprently with any trouble from the Pope.

--hide--

Because the authority of the Church was never questioned and by 1225 John was dead and had lost the war against the Barons (Nobles) and so no longer counted.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: A person could argue that revising/amending that which is invalid doesn't necessari...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

A person could argue that revising/amending that which is invalid doesn't necessarily validate the revision or amendment...and even though the there was subsequent silence of the Pope on the issue, one cannot assume that he consented. This is especially so if the first charter was declared null for not including the express consent of the Pope, England being his fief and all.

--hide--

Rember Pope Leo was succeeded by his son. England was never the Fief of the Papacy just the Holy Roman states. They owed Liturgical Allegience to the Papacy just as we do. NOT POLITICAL though they were hard to distinguish.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: Nixon? Really? No, read up on your American presidents; Lincoln took the cake. ...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Nixon? Really?

No, read up on your American presidents; Lincoln took the cake. Obama would also be a better role for this than Nixon:

www.washingtonpost.com

--hide--

All I know is Nixon was impeached and forced out of Office because of corruption and breach of office. Havent heard that either Lincoln or Obama have been impeached, shot yes but kicked out no but of course I am a Troll just babblling on without any degrees or knowledge. J Edgar did keep his lover in a top jop, misuse a Government agency and its funds plus illegally investigate many US citizens but then McCarthy did hold the UnAmerican Activities Committee with Hoovers help

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-26175 said: Paraphrasing, but George Washington said something like, "I didn't lead a ...
(Quote) Patrick-26175 said:

Paraphrasing, but George Washington said something like, "I didn't lead a revolution from George the 3rd in order to become George the 1st."

I think at one point his subordinates wanted to make him dictator, if not Monarch.

--hide--

Didn't he also say the Tree of Liberty has to be watered by the blood of Tyrants from time to time, and Churchill said Patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Indeed, we should examine the claim of Thomas Aquinas on its own merits. Is a Mo...

Indeed, we should examine the claim of Thomas Aquinas on its own merits.

Is a Monarchy, based on Divine origin (not divine rights) and thus divine obligation more condusive to peace than a factional republic?

To those that say monarchs had all sorts of wars, may I simply point out that the 19th and 20th centuries, the centuries that saw the growth and entrenchment of liberal "democracy" as the standard government is also the centuries that saw the most destructive wars in human history, starting with the Napoleonic War and going to WWII.

Then there are the cases of persecution and democide. The 20th Century, as the Church points out, is the century where more Christians won the Crown of Martydom than all others combined. It is also, especially after WWI, the Century of Democide, the murder by government of its own citizen, though that started in the 1790s with the Vendee genocide.

--hide--

NO its the Divine Rights of Kings not the Divine Obligations of Kings WE ALL HAVE DIVINE OBLIGATIONS

What part of Thomas Auquinus in particular are we disgussing

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: No but the acromony and inaction of Congress and Presidency and the internicene fighti...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

No but the acromony and inaction of Congress and Presidency and the internicene fighting do paralell the fall of many an Empire

--hide--

Sorry my mistake

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: All I know is Nixon was impeached and forced out of Office because of...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

All I know is Nixon was impeached and forced out of Office because of corruption and breach of office. Havent heard that either Lincoln or Obama have been impeached, shot yes but kicked out no but of course I am a Troll just babblling on without any degrees or knowledge. J Edgar did keep his lover in a top jop, misuse a Government agency and its funds plus illegally investigate many US citizens but then McCarthy did hold the UnAmerican Activities Committee with Hoovers help

--hide--

It sounds as if you are picking up tidbits of information that either blow your way from the States or show up with the tide. Pick up a book!

If impeachment is your standard here, you would have to put Clinton up next to Nixon and over Lincoln.

This wouldn't make any sense, though. Clinton lacked sufficient judgement to be the president, but he didn't attempt to usurp the Constitution nearly to the point that Lincoln or FDR did.

When the Supreme Court ruled that Lincoln's suspension of habeas corpus was unconstitutional, Lincoln had an arrest warrant issued for the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Roger Taney.

There was nothing Richard Nixon did that ever came close to this.

As I said earlier, the Abraham Lincoln that this country thinks it knows is nothing more than a construct. In comparison to him, Nixon would be described as a gentleman and a scholar.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: It sounds as if you are picking up tidbits of information that either blow your way fro...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

It sounds as if you are picking up tidbits of information that either blow your way from the States or show up with the tide. Pick up a book!

If impeachment is your standard here, you would have to put Clinton up next to Nixon and over Lincoln.

This wouldn't make any sense, though. Clinton lacked sufficient judgement to be the president, but he didn't attempt to usurp the Constitution nearly to the point that Lincoln or FDR did.

When the Supreme Court ruled that Lincoln's suspension of habeas corpus was unconstitutional, Lincoln had an arrest warrant issued for the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Roger Taney.

There was nothing Richard Nixon did that ever came close to this.

As I said earlier, the Abraham Lincoln that this country thinks it knows is nothing more than a construct. In comparison to him, Nixon would be described as a gentleman and a scholar.

--hide--

I do read and listen and watch. I watch the News in 5 languages, read the news in 3 languages, I was alive and studying Revolutionary and Early American history when Mr Nixon was asked to leave. I am NOT tring to alter any Americans political veiws, I dont live there and its none of my concern what conspiracy theories are believed or not.

I only know what is said on CNN, ABC, CBS and Fox News, as well as EWTN as far as US news media is concerned. But I also know from RTV (Russia) and CCTV (China) and France Carate (France) and the BBC and BSkyB think of what is being done. I even watch El Jezzera and Iranian PressTV, so I dont just pick up titbits floating in the either. My past job was analysis of FACT and gossip for a Government arm, so I do a lot more than just pick and choose.

Impeachment is your countries standard, outlined in the Declaration of Independance and Constitution not mine. I may be old but Im not that old.

All I said was the people mentioned had not been impeached for criminal activity by the second arm of your Government the Congress, nor by the third arm The Supreme Court. Nixon was.

Posts 131 - 140 of 194