Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: The Jews are not God's chosen people...Read Saint John Chapter 8 starting with verse ...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

The Jews are not God's chosen people...Read Saint John Chapter 8 starting with verse 31 to 47 and note verse 44, then tell me that the Jews are God's chosen people. The children of God follow God and to follow God one must follow Jesus.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."

^The above quote is from Saint John Chapter 14 verse 6.

Try following the word of our Lord first and then maybe you'll stop with your hate nonsense. The Jews must turn back to Jesus. The Jews are not God's chosen people, that is a lie concoted after WW2.

Either you are a Roman Catholic or you are not. It is very simple..Jesus is the way, the truth, the life. OK? We pray for the Jewish conversion, we do not worship them as children of God. This has been the position of the church since its beginning.

--hide--

Right. The Jews are God's chosen. His first covenant was and still is with them. The new covenant ushered in the new and complete/perfected form of Judaism: Roman Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity. If you don't think you're a Jew, you have some thinking to do.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: Either you are a Roman Catholic or you are not. It is very simple..Jesus is the way, the truth, th...

Either you are a Roman Catholic or you are not. It is very simple..Jesus is the way, the truth, the life. OK? We pray for the Jewish conversion, we do not worship them as children of God. This has been the position of the church since its beginning.

--hide--

Who said anything about worship? We respect them and love them and we pray fo rthem, that God's will be done in their lives.

This awful streak of antisemitism is the worst thing in the Church's history and by far the worst thing about the Traditionalist movement. Certain people in Trad circles make antisemitism an article of faith. This is nothing short of sinful and revolting. It does harm to the Church - it's an embarrassment and a terrible sin. It is a fundamental rejection of Christ and His teachings.

Feb 9th 2013 new

God is not coercive. God doesn't force people to follow his law. We must be willing. Why on earth would we want to create an absolute monarchy (of all things!) that would establish the Catholic religion and enshrine its precepts and strictures in law? I've lived in a theocratic kingdom (Saudi Arabia) and it was hellish. 15th and 16th century Spain weren't much better. Keep religion out of politics. Holiness must come from within. God wouldn't thrust it upon us and neither should our government.

Don't we miss the point of the gospels with talk about theocratic kingdoms? Isn't the world too diverse to establish a Catholic monarchy anywhere? There iwll alway sbe people of different faiths, of non-Christian faiths, and they would not submit to it, nor should theybe makde to do such a thing. God is not coercive. Therefore neither must we force our faith on anyone else. There will always be lukewarm people in the church, people in error in the church, notorious sinners in the church. The holy Church will always have virulent enemies. Faithful Catholics will always face persecution. Oh well. This is good. This is God's plan. We must love them and pray for everyone. Please read Matthew 13:24-30. Clearly God intends this.

Feb 9th 2013 new

It would warm my heart if there are not a zillion complaints calling for my expulsion from CM. This sometimes happens when I tangle with Trads. I said nothing disrespectful and made no ad hominem attacks. I never complain about anyone on these forums. All I ask is the same tolerance and continence. Can we do this?

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: It also noted that the kings were annointed to rule in Temporal affairs under God's...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

It also noted that the kings were annointed to rule in Temporal affairs under God's laws and, therefore, were accountable to God. It also meant that where there was a conflict between Church and Temporal, the Spiritual held precedence over the temporal, whereas in Liberal Republics the opposite is true.

The later was the very goal of the archetects of the modern liberal republic, Hobbes and John Locke.

--hide--

That rather depended upon the King. King where not seen as under the temporal authority of the Pope but on a par, only in Matters Ecclesiastic was the Pope supreme. Local customs and laws were operable in each locale and the local clergy were expected to obey temporal laws as the applied in any country. Where the problem arose was when Temporal law clashed with Cannon Law. Generally as in the case of St Thomas More a way around was found in this case they beheaded him and King Henry VIII left the Church. But King Philip who wanted the money and lands of the Tempellers, who were a Religious Order under Papal Authority and therefore untouchable. But Philip of France convinced the Pope the Tempellers were Godless and because they had adopted some Arabic medicine, thoughts and ways they were Satanic. So he had them destroyed with Papal blessing.

So it really depended on the king and the circumstances.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Ding ding ding! Wake up! WHERE have you been? That ship done sailed a century or more ago.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Ding ding ding! Wake up! WHERE have you been? That ship done sailed a century or more ago.

It's been at least 120 years since the Church wisely ended its ridiculous rear-guard action against democratic and republican forms of government. (Not the parties but the forms of government.)

All this fairy tale nonsense about a Catholic monarchy is crazy talk. To spome extent, it still exists in name only in countries like Luxembourg, Leichtenstein, and Monaco.

HOW MANY TIMES did jesus say His kingdom was "not of this world"?? So why would we try to establish it here - except in our hearts?

--hide--

David me old mate this should be fun. Where have you been.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: It would warm my heart if there are not a zillion complaints calling for my expulsion from CM. Th...

It would warm my heart if there are not a zillion complaints calling for my expulsion from CM. This sometimes happens when I tangle with Trads. I said nothing disrespectful and made no ad hominem attacks. I never complain about anyone on these forums. All I ask is the same tolerance and continence. Can we do this?

--hide--

Oh come on Mate a ZILLION! I thought at least 2 zillion. As for "Traditionalists" they are better described as fundamentist

fundamentalism

Pronunciation:/fʌndəˈmɛnt(ə)lɪz(ə)m/

Translate fundamentalism | into German | into Spanish

Definition of fundamentalism

noun [mass noun]

a form of a religion, especially Islam or Protestant Christianity, that upholds belief in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture: there was religious pluralism there at a time when the rest of Europe was torn by fundamentalism strict adherence to the basic principles of any subject or discipline: free-market fundamentalism Modern Christian fundamentalism arose from American millenarian sects of the 19th century, and has become associated with reaction against social and political liberalism and rejection of the theory of evolution. Islamic fundamentalism appeared in the 18th and 19th centuries as a reaction to the disintegration of Islamic political and economic power, asserting that Islam is central to both state and society and advocating strict adherence to the Koran (Qur’an) and to Islamic law (sharia) Derivatives fundamentalist noun & adjective Definition of fundamentalism (British & World English) oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/fundamentalism
Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: The Jews are not God's chosen people...Read Saint John Chapter 8 starting with verse ...

The Jews are not God's chosen people...Read Saint John Chapter 8 starting with verse 31 to 47 and note verse 44, then tell me that the Jews are God's chosen people. The children of God follow God and to follow God one must follow Jesus.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."

^The above quote is from Saint John Chapter 14 verse 6.

Try following the word of our Lord first and then maybe you'll stop with your hate nonsense. The Jews must turn back to Jesus. The Jews are not God's chosen people, that is a lie concoted after WW2.

--hide--

Nothing in your references indicates that the Jews are not the Chosen people. Try reading the old testament. In more than one place God tells the Jews they are his chosen people.

John,, where do you come up with this nonsense.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: There was a CIVIL WAR going on. He did what was necessary to preserve the union. What's w...

There was a CIVIL WAR going on. He did what was necessary to preserve the union. What's wrong with that?

--hide--

Well, I've got to step in on this one, David; there was plenty wrong with that.

Preserving this or any other union would hardly be considered grounds for a just war. I would challenge you to find any reference in the teaching of the Church that would justify a war for the sake of "preserving the union."

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Right. The Jews are God's chosen. His first covenant was and still is with them. The new cove...

Right. The Jews are God's chosen. His first covenant was and still is with them. The new covenant ushered in the new and complete/perfected form of Judaism: Roman Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity. If you don't think you're a Jew, you have some thinking to do.

--hide--

Judaism ended two thousand years ago, David. The Jews were chosen to introduce the Messiah to the world; they did not recognize Him when He showed up, and the overwhelming majority of them still don't.

This is why the Church prays for the conversion of the Jews as part of the Good Friday prayers.

Posts 181 - 190 of 194