Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: But you do have an all-powerful media complex that pulls the strings on what today's American...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

But you do have an all-powerful media complex that pulls the strings on what today's Americans think, read, and believe.

en.wikipedia.org
--hide--

The thing is that the CIA did attempt to manipulate American thinking to support the overthrow of the Guatemalan government in support of the United Fruit Company, what is now Chaquita Brands.

en.wikipedia.org

en.wikipedia.org

And, of course, the CIA funded coup in Guatemala, Operation PBSUCCESS.

en.wikipedia.org

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: The thing is that the CIA did attempt to manipulate American thinking to support the ov...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

The thing is that the CIA did attempt to manipulate American thinking to support the overthrow of the Guatemalan government in support of the United Fruit Company, what is now Chaquita Brands.

en.wikipedia.org

en.wikipedia.org

And, of course, the CIA funded coup in Guatemala, Operation PBSUCCESS.

en.wikipedia.org

--hide--

In the later part, in the section on U.S. Media Coverage of the coup in Guatemala, you learn that the founder of public relations, Edward Bernays, was responsible for the propaganda campaign waged to win American consent to the operation. Edward Bernays, the cousin of Sigmund Freud, wrote a book revealing the use of "public relations" to manufacture consent among the people to the ideas of an oligarchy; that was the point I wanted to bring by the parable of "the little dot."

In 1954, for his clients, the Eisenhower Administration and the United Fruit Company, the public relations expert Edward Bernays engineered American popular consent for the 1954 Guatemalan coup d‘état to overthrow a capitalist democracy in Central America. The propaganda operation used the North American press to frighten the US public into believing that President Árbenz was a Communist and a political puppet of the USSR, and, therefore, that Guatemala had become a Soviet beachhead in the Western Hemisphere, the backyard of the United States. The principal American news media — press and radio, television and cinema — misinformed the American public that the Árbenz Government had been overthrown in a Guatemalan coup d’état as a liberation from Communist tyranny, by Guatemalan freedom fighters who fought to restore democracy to the Republic of Guatemala, instead of by the CIA.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Yes and the English were at war with the French and both thought they had God on there side. Hen...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Yes and the English were at war with the French and both thought they had God on there side. Henry
the eighth and Napoleon changed that. In our republic you are right we have a sort of tyranny of the majority at the moment.

--hide--

Everyone who goes to war think they have God on their side! The Germans have Gott die witt mien on their belt buckles= God is with me. The Moslems say Inshah Allah and Allah Akbhar As God wills and God is Great. I believe the Americans have In God we Trust. You dont have to be a Monarchy to believe God is with you in war. In my experience of service God and War never have anything to do with each other. Man and his politics of greed is the biggest factor.

Henry VIII was a Defender of the Faith an honour given only by the Pope and it is still held. Napoleon was married and crowned in Notre Dame, while an agnostic he relied on the Church to get him public support. The Oath of Allegience taken by 99.9% of the worlds Armed Forces mention God, upholding the Faith and defending religious values.

Regimental Colours are ALWAYS kept in a Chapel or a Mosque or Synogue because they are venerated as God sent/given/representative of the Faith

Jan 13th 2013 new

As the only responder who is actual a subject of a Monarchy there is a lot you Americans dont understand about the role and function of the Monarch in government and in History, especially since 1066AD and 1215AD. Will say more but have to go.

This to end on 85% of the nations of the world are Monarchies

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Everyone who goes to war think they have God on their side! The Germans have Gott die ...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Everyone who goes to war think they have God on their side! The Germans have Gott die witt mien on their belt buckles= God is with me. The Moslems say Inshah Allah and Allah Akbhar As God wills and God is Great. I believe the Americans have In God we Trust. You dont have to be a Monarchy to believe God is with you in war. In my experience of service God and War never have anything to do with each other. Man and his politics of greed is the biggest factor.

Henry VIII was a Defender of the Faith an honour given only by the Pope and it is still held. Napoleon was married and crowned in Notre Dame, while an agnostic he relied on the Church to get him public support. The Oath of Allegience taken by 99.9% of the worlds Armed Forces mention God, upholding the Faith and defending religious values.

Regimental Colours are ALWAYS kept in a Chapel or a Mosque or Synogue because they are venerated as God sent/given/representative of the Faith

--hide--
Henry the VIII was the King who wanted a divorce and the Pope would not give it to him. So he started the Church of England and killed any Catholic who went against him including St. Thomas More. He also beheaded his First wife. Hitler also Killed Catholics as well as Jews and thought he was the Ante Christ talked about in the Bible. Starlin was and eighthest, and Napoleon was treated the way he was because fooled and then after anyone who disagreed with him was killed. And most of the Asian Countries don't believe in a God at all in most of history. I will say Hitler tried to use religion but didn't work unless you went with what he said if you didn't you were dead.

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Henry the VIII was the King who wanted a divorce and the Pope would not give it to him. So he st...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Henry the VIII was the King who wanted a divorce and the Pope would not give it to him. So he started the Church of England and killed any Catholic who went against him including St. Thomas More. He also beheaded his First wife. Hitler also Killed Catholics as well as Jews and thought he was the Ante Christ talked about in the Bible. Starlin was and eighthest, and Napoleon was treated the way he was because fooled and then after anyone who disagreed with him was killed. And most of the Asian Countries don't believe in a God at all in most of history. I will say Hitler tried to use religion but didn't work unless you went with what he said if you didn't you were dead.

--hide--

I know who H8 was I live in his kingdom. What you say is partially correct but not totally accurate. H8 did want a divorce, in fact he wanted 4. The first Catherine of Arogon mother of Mary I, was granted by the Pope on the grounds of lack of a male heir, which was always the fault of the woman never the King. The King then needed a new dalliance to produce an heir, que his mistress Anne Bolyen the mother of Elizabeth I, no male heirs, another appeal to the Pope which was denied, This is where things start to get tense with Rome. Anne Boleyn was accused of infadelity and executed for treason.

Que Jane Seymore another Mistress but the mother of King Edward VI, Henry had a roving eye and a need for allies in Europe as the Reformation was begining, and the dispute with Rome had escallated to a political matter of soveriegnty, exit Jane conveiniently via typhus, enter Anne of Cleeves a German, the marriage was not consumated so it was annulled, and enter Catherine Howard. By this time the H8 had become corpulant and syphalitic and tyranical.

Catherine Howard was unable to have children, and in H8 was past paranoia so He asked for a third divorce again denied. This was when the Church of England was formed and all Church land was stollen and the Abbies were shut. The Crown got everything, and H8 divorced Catherine Howard via the axe. Enter Catherine Parr, who outlived H8.

H8 was succeeded by the CATHOLIC Mary I, Queen of Scots, she was deeply hated by the aristocracy and most parliments. The Lord Chamberlain (Prime Minister) plotted to have her removed by the accepted form (overthrow and axe) but she died before Parliment could move. Elizabeth I was released from the Tower and made Queen on the basis that she would uphold the Church of England and bannish all Catholics from Government, the army and positions of power. The Dissolution was complete but lasted well into the 1700s and the discrimintion continues today under the Act of Settlement 1703, and the Act of Succession 1754 where Catholics are forbidden by law to hold any government post or marry into the Royal line of succession.

It was the brutality of Elizabeth I and James I that led to the Gunpowder Plot in 1605 by Guy Fawkes, who was captured, then hung drawn and quartered, the event which is still celbrated today every 5 November

The title of Defender of the Faith was bestoded 1521 by Pope Leo X for the kings dissertation on the Seven Sacrements and their importance to the Christian Faith. H8 was a learned and devout Catholic, he had traveled to Rome and studied theology. Make no mistake despite what the Anglicans claim it is a Catholic Title only bestowed by a Pope.

Hope that clears that up for you. This is a potted version only

Jan 14th 2013 new
The case of Napoleon is interesting because his attitude to religion was that it should be used to pacify a populace as to his intention.

While he did promise respect for the Catholic faith to those in Northern Italy (while his forces wee en route to Rome to remove the Pontiff, BTW), he also promised himself as a defender of Islam to the Egytians, going so far as to declare the French people "sincere Muslims."

Suffice it (for now) to say that Napoleon would he was defender of whatever religion people largely supported in the land he entered. However, one had to watch his hands, and see his coins, to know his real attitude.
Jan 14th 2013 new

A year ago we had what I think was a very interesting discussion about the Catholic prophecy of the Great Monarch at the Fish Eaters forum. Apparently Louis XVI's son, the Daufin survived and was spirited away from the Temple Prison during the French Revolution. And apparently the Daufin's progeny, which would also be King Louis XVI's progeny is living quietly in Canada. He is being protected as he has already had his life threatened.

Here is the link to the 5 page discussion at the Fish Eaters forum if you care to read it.
catholicforum.fisheaters.com

I'm sorry that the video that I posted on the first page of the thread at the Fish Eaters forum was removed by the owner (I am mikemac at Fish Eaters). But I did record some of the lines from the video when I posted it. Here is what I recorded.

The first line in the Irish prophecies is "Ireland, recall from exile your forgotten sons."
It goes on to say "warriors she call on you to fight", she meaning Mary.
"her lieutenant is Ard ri Erenn monarch of Tara"
"He is not Irish but his heart was"
"He is from lilies of France and knows how to carry the cross"
Then it says
"to crush the tyrant you will only rely on the Gedeon forces" in reference to the Book of Judges chapters 6 to 8.
"from the Galleon of New France, Gedeon move slowly"
"Legion and progeny of the King that XVI is his number come to hunt the tyrants."

The video gave me the shivers. I watched it quite a few times. I find this topic fascinating. Don Quixote (one of the posters on the thread at the Fish Eaters forum) and myself carried on the discussion in private message because he didn't think anything else should be said about King Louis XVI's progeny on a public forum. He sounded very informed about this. I could tell that he wasn't telling me everything that he knew about it.

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: I know who H8 was I live in his kingdom. What you say is partially correct but not tot...

I know who H8 was I live in his kingdom. What you say is partially correct but not totally accurate. H8 did want a divorce, in fact he wanted 4. The first Catherine of Arogon mother of Mary I, was granted by the Pope on the grounds of lack of a male heir, which was always the fault of the woman never the King. The King then needed a new dalliance to produce an heir, que his mistress Anne Bolyen the mother of Elizabeth I, no male heirs, another appeal to the Pope which was denied, This is where things start to get tense with Rome. Anne Boleyn was accused of infadelity and executed for treason.

Que Jane Seymore another Mistress but the mother of King Edward VI, Henry had a roving eye and a need for allies in Europe as the Reformation was begining, and the dispute with Rome had escallated to a political matter of soveriegnty, exit Jane conveiniently via typhus, enter Anne of Cleeves a German, the marriage was not consumated so it was annulled, and enter Catherine Howard. By this time the H8 had become corpulant and syphalitic and tyranical.

Catherine Howard was unable to have children, and in H8 was past paranoia so He asked for a third divorce again denied. This was when the Church of England was formed and all Church land was stollen and the Abbies were shut. The Crown got everything, and H8 divorced Catherine Howard via the axe. Enter Catherine Parr, who outlived H8.

H8 was succeeded by the CATHOLIC Mary I, Queen of Scots, she was deeply hated by the aristocracy and most parliments. The Lord Chamberlain (Prime Minister) plotted to have her removed by the accepted form (overthrow and axe) but she died before Parliment could move. Elizabeth I was released from the Tower and made Queen on the basis that she would uphold the Church of England and bannish all Catholics from Government, the army and positions of power. The Dissolution was complete but lasted well into the 1700s and the discrimintion continues today under the Act of Settlement 1703, and the Act of Succession 1754 where Catholics are forbidden by law to hold any government post or marry into the Royal line of succession.

It was the brutality of Elizabeth I and James I that led to the Gunpowder Plot in 1605 by Guy Fawkes, who was captured, then hung drawn and quartered, the event which is still celbrated today every 5 November

The title of Defender of the Faith was bestoded 1521 by Pope Leo X for the kings dissertation on the Seven Sacrements and their importance to the Christian Faith. H8 was a learned and devout Catholic, he had traveled to Rome and studied theology. Make no mistake despite what the Anglicans claim it is a Catholic Title only bestowed by a Pope.

--hide--
King Hernry VIII killed any Catholic who did not follow the church of England, St. Thomas more and so many more and took over every Catholic property in England. Because he was not given a annulment, by the Pope. You can give any other history of what ever else you want but these facts are true and all else has nothing to do with them. I also believe he was officially excumnacated by the Pope. He was a tyrant and a murderer of Catholics. Who cares about the rest, we were not talking about them.

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: The title of Defender of the Faith was bestoded 1521 by Pope Leo X for the kings dissertation o...

--hide--

You are correct in this fact, and in fact the book is in print againt, introduced by Catholic apologist Raymond de Souza.

keysofpeter.org

However, what Thomas said is also true. Once Henry VIII made himself the head of his own church, he ruthlessly killed all he could find that wouldn't follow him into schism. The loads of "priest holes," found in Tudor era houses throughout England, is testiment to this, as is the history of the popular fight for the Church, the Pilgrimage of Grace in 1536. Those that rose in that should be remembered as we do the Vendee during the French Revolution and the Christeros in Mexico, as brave defenders of the Faith.

en.wikipedia.org

Posts 31 - 40 of 194