Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

One-sided conversation

01/10/2013 new
What should I do on a first date with the woman I am with is shy and reserved, and when I try getting her to talk about herself she stays quiet?
01/10/2013 new

Make her laugh.

01/10/2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: What should I do on a first date with the woman I am with is shy and reserved, and when I try getting her...
(Quote) John-220051 said: What should I do on a first date with the woman I am with is shy and reserved, and when I try getting her to talk about herself she stays quiet?
--hide--

Not sure what to say to that as that would not work for me. I need a two sided conversation. However if that works for you just entertain her and compliment her until she gets to the point where she can trust you enough to open up. Best of luck and congrats on finding someone. biggrin

01/10/2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: What should I do on a first date with the woman I am with is shy and reserved, and when I try getting her...
(Quote) John-220051 said: What should I do on a first date with the woman I am with is shy and reserved, and when I try getting her to talk about herself she stays quiet?
--hide--

Leave the table. End the date.

laughing

01/10/2013 new

--hide--

Ask her about things you know she likes. Pets is the best one. You may try to avoid asking questions specifically about her...keep it light and fun. Pets, travel, bowling, her first scar, first memorized poem...if she is shy, she may not appreciate direct questions. Just a thought.

01/10/2013 new

Have some questions in mind to ask her that require more than "yes" or "no". Maybe that will get her to open up.

Good luck!

01/10/2013 new
That's really hard do you her hobbies?
01/10/2013 new

--hide--

scratchchin Hmmmmm -- perhaps be thankful and count your blessings??? (Oops..... irked )

Some people are quiet, reserved and shy when they first meet strangers. Consider that they are probably at least a little nervous considering it's a date with a person who's essentially a stranger to them. Some people are shy and reserved, period. That's their nature and there isn't much to be done quickly, if at all.

But....do your best to put your date at ease. Make sure she's comfortable in her surroundings, seating arrangements, and so on. Susie was on target with the nature of questions you ask. Keep them open ended as much as possible. Let's take the most common first encounter which will take place at a restaurant. You can discuss some food likes and dislikes and what the menu has to offer. Try to be as natural as possible so as to assure her you're not Jack the Ripper or Jeffery Dahmer. Your own self-confidence (even if you have to fake it a little because you're a tad nervous, too) will help her. You are there to take good care of her -- that's an image to portray. Getting too personal with questions is risky. Let her guide you. If you're dating a CM member, there will be a lot to talk about.

01/10/2013 new

--hide--

Ummm.. what did you Talk with her about before you asked her out on a Date? Maybe go back to something she talked about before and let her lead the conversation. Good luck. scratchchin Praying

01/10/2013 new

--hide--

John, I would suggest a movie and a drink (snack, ice cream, etc) afterward. You don't have to talk during a movie and the movie will give you something to talk about afterward. Any activity could make it easier to have a conversation. From what I understand, some people find it easier to talk to someone when they are doing something side-by-side as opposed to face-to-face (such as a dinner date). Good luck! Chelle

Posts 1 - 10 of 10