Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: You, Chelle, and Bob have good insights. First of all, if we think of the Mass, a part of it is int...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

You, Chelle, and Bob have good insights. First of all, if we think of the Mass, a part of it is intended to give thanks for what we have, remembering it did not come from us, or others, but from Him. This is how we should begin each day or at least devote some time to this way of thinking during the day, or even several times.

There are a number of people in this world who are genuinely hurting, including some of our sister and brother CM members. But...we're still here which indicates we have a purpose to fulfill. Sometimes our wounds are self-inflicted, or self-induced, and our focus is upon our hurts and wants, rather than we we've been given. We need to see beyond that. No -- I didn't say it's always easy to do that.

It's amazing how people who have nothing or very little cling intensely to their faith -- believing that the Good Lord will see them through their miseries. I see this happening with homeless people right in our back yard. There's an inner strength by which they pull through day by day.

You hit upon a thought that some people should bear in mind: "finding a spouse would be an additional blessing, not an answer." While it's true that a spouse could ease some people's burdens and would be a blessing, it's their own fortitude that keeps them going on their own, as difficult as life's problems might be. You need to be at your best in order to be a good mate. One needs to be ready to accept what's involved in marriage -- giving, not taking.

It's easier to say this during good times, but, if done often enough, we can say it when rough times hit. If we have a bad day, most assuredly the sun will still come up tomorrow. Use part of the day to serve others, which can be done through prayer and other assistance when possible. It adds meaning and purpose to your own life.

--hide--

"You need to be at your best in order to be a good mate. One needs to be ready to accept what's involved in marriage -- giving, not taking."

Very True, Ray! clap clap (Are we EVER going to see you in Indy? eyebrow )

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: My heart aches for the number of discouraged souls who've posted in the past few days. I ca...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

My heart aches for the number of discouraged souls who've posted in the past few days. I can certainly relate, but I enjoy my life so much right now that finding a spouse would be an additional blessing, not an answer. I would like to know your thoughts on how to stay positive - or how to live life as a blessing?

I'll start - I focus on being grateful - always remembering all the blessings in my life, the ways God was worked to heal me and bring me to the place of JOY I am at now. I also focus on being fully present to and living each day as a gift.

--hide--

I think you are starting from the right place Kristen! I think we need to know what makes us happy first. It can't all be dependent on one person out there who we may not meet..... Being grateful for where we are is the greatest place to start!

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: "You need to be at your best in or...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

"You need to be at your best in order to be a good mate. One needs to be ready to accept what's involved in marriage -- giving, not taking."

Very True, Ray! (Are we EVER going to see you in Indy? )

--hide--

Hi Mary! I can't remember who said it, but it's our obligation to bring our best selves into a relationship. I think that means every part of us - mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, etc. I know I'm not always there in every area; nonetheless, I keep working on it (them!)! Chelle

Jan 11th 2013 new

Thank you all for your beautiful insights into living a blessed life! I hope that many will read these posts and be INSPIRED. Looking forward to seeing more awesome posts!

Jan 11th 2013 new
I try as much as I can to go to adoration. It gives me a lift up whenever I need it, it gives me healing whenever I need it, it gives me comfort, it gives me joy, it gives me peace, etc. I am blessed I can go as often as possible.

I stay focus on the positive things God gives me everyday. I am a teacher, each day we start sharing our positives in our lives and applauding for the after sharing.

There is a priest friend of mine who says, you can see a half empty glass or a half full glass. Some of us see a wall. We concentrate our energies on seen the little spot on it, instead of the whole wall and how pretty it looks. It depends on how we see things, our perception.
Jan 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Andrea -- there's joy in flirting, for sure.....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Andrea -- there's joy in flirting, for sure.....

--hide--

Flirting or farting Ray?
Jan 11th 2013 new
Reviewing the number of times I've cheated death I am left with a sense of being here to be used by God to help others! rosary
Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: I try as much as I can to go to adoration. It gives me a lift up whenever I need it, it gives me healing...
(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: I try as much as I can to go to adoration. It gives me a lift up whenever I need it, it gives me healing whenever I need it, it gives me comfort, it gives me joy, it gives me peace, etc. I am blessed I can go as often as possible.

I stay focus on the positive things God gives me everyday. I am a teacher, each day we start sharing our positives in our lives and applauding for the after sharing.

There is a priest friend of mine who says, you can see a half empty glass or a half full glass. Some of us see a wall. We concentrate our energies on seen the little spot on it, instead of the whole wall and how pretty it looks. It depends on how we see things, our perception.
--hide--

I definitely agree - Adoration is the best! Great thoughts!

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: You are a very diverse person Kristen, from God's will, to flirting, to a bless...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

You are a very diverse person Kristen, from God's will, to flirting, to a blessed life... I can see the JOY.

Here's one of my favorite videos, I shared it once before somewhere. How to be Happy - youtu.be

Trying to keep God first helps me.

And in hard times when I'm grumpy - I put an object in my pocket that reminds me of the plank in my eye.

--hide--

You post the best videos Andrea!

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: People are naturally drawn to happy people. Negativity breeds negativity, which just brings us...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

People are naturally drawn to happy people. Negativity breeds negativity, which just brings us down further. Surround yourself with positive people who truly are happy - not because of you - but because of what is inside of them, all on their own. If they are happy WITH you too - well that's just a wonderful bonus.

Make that choice to focus on all of the blessings He has given you - there are MANY, and plenty more to see every single day.

--hide--

Agree x3 .. only thing I can add would be to get out and do something to improve yourself and your life, not live it online. biggrin biggrin

Posts 11 - 20 of 78