Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Susie-550311 said: Kristen- Being 45 (today, yay!) and NBM, its easy to get discouraged and down, especially around...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

Kristen-

Being 45 (today, yay!) and NBM, its easy to get discouraged and down, especially around the "Hallmark" days and holidays. But I try to remember the good things in my life - my God who loves cme, my health, a job I truly enjoy, my goofy dog, my godly friends, my family and that gets me through the down times. If that doesn't work, I pray, asking for patience as I wait for the man God created for me AND for joy during the waiting process. God is always faithful to lift any sadness and renew my hope.

Phillipians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Wishing us all God's peace~

--hide--

Happy birthday Susie and may God bless you abundantly today and all year!
Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I would agree that finding happiness in this life has much to do with adjusting our expectation...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I would agree that finding happiness in this life has much to do with adjusting our expectations to match with reality. Going along with that, it also means that happiness does not come from another human person but comes from within, for me, from my relationship with God.

--hide--

I agree 200% Correct!! I put all of the c -r@p of the past behind me and not dont dwell on it. Do i think about things that i coulda, woulda, shoulda.. sure i do,, but it's the Past and i can't change it. I move forward and try to learn and make better decisions/choices in the future. We HAVE to believe in ourselves and that God doesn't let us fail for no reason.. it's to grow and move forward with him. Praying

Jan 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: My heart aches for the number of discouraged souls who've posted in the past few days. I can certainly r...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

My heart aches for the number of discouraged souls who've posted in the past few days. I can certainly relate, but I enjoy my life so much right now that finding a spouse would be an additional blessing, not an answer. I would like to know your thoughts on how to stay positive - or how to live life as a blessing?

I'll start - I focus on being grateful - always remembering all the blessings in my life, the ways God was worked to heal me and bring me to the place of JOY I am at now. I also focus on being fully present to and living each day as a gift.

--hide--

Joy and healing come from God, not from having someone in your life. God will provide a special someone to share my joy when my heart is ready to be open to sharing my life with another. Healing of the soul takes time and prayer. I am so blessed to have a Priest who is willing to help me be open to areas where I need to focus on...... Praise God for his will for my life... My life is but a journey.....
Jan 12th 2013 new

Mary, I feel so for your current situation and wish to offer hugs because you are hurting so and I feel a need to offer some physical acceptance of your pain.

But most of the wish to comfort is because you are trying.

I so remember when I was quite young, say, 10, I was given the gift of watching my nephew learn to walk. OH what fun! He so wanted to walk! Mark would take off from a supporting structure and laugh and toddle and fall down. Repeating the process of getting up laughing and toddling and falling down until he got it right. Each effort took him a little further. He became a little stronger after each effort. I can still hear the his laughs 50 years later and feel the love and support of the others in the room for him as he learned to walk and get up, with everyone laughing all the way.

We are with you and offer prayers and maybe laugh a little, for we have all been and we all continue to be in in some variant of that place today.

I snuck a look at your profile. You have a lot going for you. You have had some wonderful experiences. Your photographs show you are seeing and feeling the life you have been given. The images are very nice. What else can I say Mary but get up - laugh - learn and get going as best you can.

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Bart-749635 said: Mary, I feel so for your current situation and wish to offer hugs because you are hurting so and I...
(Quote) Bart-749635 said:

Mary, I feel so for your current situation and wish to offer hugs because you are hurting so and I feel a need to offer some physical acceptance of your pain.

But most of the wish to comfort is because you are trying.

I so remember when I was quite young, say, 10, I was given the gift of watching my nephew learn to walk. OH what fun! He so wanted to walk! Mark would take off from a supporting structure and laugh and toddle and fall down. Repeating the process of getting up laughing and toddling and falling down until he got it right. Each effort took him a little further. He became a little stronger after each effort. I can still hear the his laughs 50 years later and feel the love and support of the others in the room for him as he learned to walk and get up, with everyone laughing all the way.

We are with you and offer prayers and maybe laugh a little, for we have all been and we all continue to be in in some variant of that place today.

I snuck a look at your profile. You have a lot going for you. You have had some wonderful experiences. Your photographs show you are seeing and feeling the life you have been given. The images are very nice. What else can I say Mary but get up - laugh - learn and get going as best you can.

--hide--

Bart - the Lord spoke to the world through parables and learned from His messages; and I love the story you shared of Mark learning to walk, and how he not only didn't become discouraged, but was excited to grow and progress, and this delivered excitement, and built pride and confidence. And, how those who loved him and watched, shared in his growth and development. Great story. Thank you for sharing.

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Joy and healing come from God, not from having someone in your life. God will provide a special ...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Joy and healing come from God, not from having someone in your life. God will provide a special someone to share my joy when my heart is ready to be open to sharing my life with another. Healing of the soul takes time and prayer. I am so blessed to have a Priest who is willing to help me be open to areas where I need to focus on...... Praise God for his will for my life... My life is but a journey.....
--hide--

Happy Birthday Susie

I agree with Brenda. Having a good priest in your life is so unvalued and underrated but it can be key to staying positive and focused and to get healthy support. It has made all of the difference for me.

Jan 12th 2013 new
Kristen, thank you for opening this GREAT topic! Happy Birthday Susie! And I love the scripture verse that you posted, it is one of my favorites! I made a decision many years ago not to miss out on the things in life that I love and that give me joy just because I am alone. As an example, I love to dance and I love to travel, so over the years I've taken lots and lots of different dance classes, which in turn opened the door to many social occasions that enabled me to meet new friends... and just dancing itself is pure joy to me. I've also traveled quite a bit around the country as well as several exciting trips overseas, many of these trips I traveled by myself but always made friends at the different destinations or met up with groups of people that we shared a common interest. These have been some of the most exciting times of my life....it can be a little scary moving out of your comfort zone, but the rewards are fantastic!
Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: I agree 200% Correct!! I put all of the c -r@p of the past behind me and not dont dwell on...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

I agree 200% Correct!! I put all of the c -r@p of the past behind me and not dont dwell on it. Do i think about things that i coulda, woulda, shoulda.. sure i do,, but it's the Past and i can't change it. I move forward and try to learn and make better decisions/choices in the future. We HAVE to believe in ourselves and that God doesn't let us fail for no reason.. it's to grow and move forward with him.

--hide--

Totally agree with you. In fact, I have even become grateful for my failures because it has taught me what TRUE compassion is and the fullest meaning of Jesus' admonition to "stop judging." I have no idea what motives are behind the decisions people make, just as they can never understand mine. So I strive to "Be merciful as my Father is also merciful." Lk 6:36 Such a gift of FREEDOM to live this way!

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: Reviewing the number of times I've cheated death I am left with a sense of being here to be used by Go...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: Reviewing the number of times I've cheated death I am left with a sense of being here to be used by God to help others!
--hide--

And that is only the number of times cheating death you are aware of... scratchchin

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: I agree 200% Correct!! I put all of the c -r@p of the past behind me and not dont dwell on...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

I agree 200% Correct!! I put all of the c -r@p of the past behind me and not dont dwell on it. Do i think about things that i coulda, woulda, shoulda.. sure i do,, but it's the Past and i can't change it. I move forward and try to learn and make better decisions/choices in the future. We HAVE to believe in ourselves and that God doesn't let us fail for no reason.. it's to grow and move forward with him.

--hide--
Dave, just don't put those bad experiences so far behind that it makes you unable to use the wisdom you've gained from them.

Posts 31 - 40 of 78