Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-26175 said: Everyone needs friends. What does one do if he or she doesn't have them? Some of us only hav...
(Quote) Patrick-26175 said:

Everyone needs friends. What does one do if he or she doesn't have them? Some of us only have acquaintances. The only friend we have is Jesus, and he doesn't tend to speak to most people audibly. So, we can only make that connection through prayer. And of course, it's common to experience that dark night of the soul as St. John of the Cross termed it.

--hide--

Then it is important to really put yourself out there and make friends. It is HARD to make friends - especially the older we get! But the ability to make friends is an art - meaning it can be learned - and will certainly add to our ability to live a blessed life!

Looking forward to more posts on what people do to stay POSITIVE - to live life as a blessing!

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: My heart aches for the number of discouraged souls who've posted in the past few days. I ca...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

My heart aches for the number of discouraged souls who've posted in the past few days. I can certainly relate, but I enjoy my life so much right now that finding a spouse would be an additional blessing, not an answer. I would like to know your thoughts on how to stay positive - or how to live life as a blessing?

I'll start - I focus on being grateful - always remembering all the blessings in my life, the ways God was worked to heal me and bring me to the place of JOY I am at now. I also focus on being fully present to and living each day as a gift.

--hide--
I am raising a 15 year old teen and for his sake I stay up-beat and positive whether I am feeling it or not. When my husband was alive, I felt I didn't have to try so hard because he was such a positive in Jacob's life. After he died, I had to be strong and unfailing for his sake. Today, thank God, he is confident, strong, compassionate and complicated like most teens his age. He is my blessing... Should I meet someone, it would be as you said "an additional blessing, not an answer." God is good. theheart

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: I am raising a 15 year old teen and for his sake I stay up-beat and positive whether I am feeling...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

I am raising a 15 year old teen and for his sake I stay up-beat and positive whether I am feeling it or not. When my husband was alive, I felt I didn't have to try so hard because he was such a positive in Jacob's life. After he died, I had to be strong and unfailing for his sake. Today, thank God, he is confident, strong, compassionate and complicated like most teens his age. He is my blessing... Should I meet someone, it would be as you said "an additional blessing, not an answer." God is good.

--hide--

To give yourself as a blessing for the sake of another - very beautiful indeed!!

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: To give yourself as a blessing for the sake of another - very beautiful indeed!!

To give yourself as a blessing for the sake of another - very beautiful indeed!!

--hide--

Kristen I miss your question face picture. I really liked it.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Kristen I miss your question face picture. I really liked it.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Kristen I miss your question face picture. I really liked it.

--hide--

Thanks Shara! It was suggested to me by a fellow CMer that I should change it as the caption that explained it does not show up in the forum! I thought he had a point, and I changed it. But I liked it too! I might still change it back! God bless!

Jan 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Then it is important to really put yourself out there and

Then it is important to really put yourself out there and make friends. It is HARD to make friends - especially the older we get! But the ability to make friends is an art - meaning it can be learned - and will certainly add to our ability to live a blessed life!

Looking forward to more posts on what people do to stay POSITIVE - to live life as a blessing!

--hide--

It is important to make 'real friends' and sometimes we make them without realizing it. The week my son was in the hospital in May 2011 before I lost him I was surprised and touched how many friends just showed up to sit and visit or pray with my family. And there was one night they organized a rosary at church to pray for us and someone called just as they were about to begin so we could join them as the prayers were being said.

It is my sincere wish and prayer that you are blessed with friends and that God blesses your life in such a way that you never face finding out who your friends are in a time of need. angel
Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Looking forward to more posts on what people do to stay POSITIVE - to live life as a blessing!<...

--hide--

For myself, I think I stay positive by improving me. I can change the world by changing one person, me.

And changing me is possible, since everything is possible with God.

How does God see me, how does that compare to how I see me?

Am I where I should be in relationship to God's direction to follow him?

I fall down when I worry about judging someone else's life.

I think I also stay positive by thinking of myself as merely a branch, the vine is carrying the load and the gardener is in charge of everything else.

Matthew 11:28

"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

Jan 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I'll raise my hand and say I hate where I am in life, everything seems wrong and there's no answ...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I'll raise my hand and say I hate where I am in life, everything seems wrong and there's no answer for it, like it will never get better, like every decision leading me here has been the wrong one, and nothing can make it better; especially not until I have someone to love intimately. I might have fun here and there, but I always come home to the same, empty, cold, lonely, house (not for long, I'm being foreclosed....) and face the same depression and frustration.

BUT!! I'm positive around my friends, because they give me life outside of my problems. Just this week my friends took me to the pub for a girls' night and a movie-night/slumber party. Tonight another friend took me to Build-a-Bear with her kids, and bought me a $40 gift card because she knew I'd always wanted to do one (I made the cutest thing!) then treated me to dinner. Tomorrow I'm going to breakfast with some old coworkers, and then to the farmer's market with a girlfriend's fiance, then I'm going to a big Catholic dance party near DC. I also have my family I'm grateful for, I rely on them a lot for company during the week (I'm unemployed). And I'm grateful for my dog. That might sound silly, but she's always here for me. I rescued her and it's like she knows. When I leave the room she sits and and stares at the door until I'm back, even an hour later. When I come home, she gallops through the house and whines in excitement and pummels me with all 70lbs of her while giving me kisses. Even if I was only gone for 15 minutes. She's an old girl, too, but she will struggle up on my bed when I'm lonely and cuddle with me (I don't encourage her on furniture, buttt....I don't push her off it :) )

I believe: God doesn't give you more than you can handle, and this is all just a pitstop anyway- on esp bad nights, I might wish for Heaven to open up for me, and just let me in already, but I know I have too many things to do still, and if there's a chance that my life might be a blessing in somebody else's: it makes it all worth it :)))) That's how I try to live: for others, for my friends, my family, my dog. To serve, to love, and to be loved.

--hide--
Great attitude OGMBC! rosary Offer the struggles and pains as Mary suggested in Fatima.
Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: For myself, I think I stay positive by improving me. I can change the world by chan...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

For myself, I think I stay positive by improving me. I can change the world by changing one person, me.

And changing me is possible, since everything is possible with God.

How does God see me, how does that compare to how I see me?

Am I where I should be in relationship to God's direction to follow him?

I fall down when I worry about judging someone else's life.

I think I also stay positive by thinking of myself as merely a branch, the vine is carrying the load and the gardener is in charge of everything else.

Matthew 11:28

"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

--hide--

That is beautiful, Andrea!

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: My heart aches for the number of discouraged souls who've posted in the past few days. I ca...

My heart aches for the number of discouraged souls who've posted in the past few days. I can certainly relate, but I enjoy my life so much right now that finding a spouse would be an additional blessing, not an answer. I would like to know your thoughts on how to stay positive - or how to live life as a blessing?

I'll start - I focus on being grateful - always remembering all the blessings in my life, the ways God was worked to heal me and bring me to the place of JOY I am at now. I also focus on being fully present to and living each day as a gift.

--hide--

Another way that I live life as a blessing is by "living in the present moment" - what that means to me is to experience all of the JOY that is present in the moment I'm in - not thinking about the past or wondering about the future, but being happy NOW.

Posts 51 - 60 of 78