Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I'll raise my hand and say I hate where I am in life, everything seems wrong and there...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I'll raise my hand and say I hate where I am in life, everything seems wrong and there's no answer for it, like it will never get better, like every decision leading me here has been the wrong one, and nothing can make it better; especially not until I have someone to love intimately. I might have fun here and there, but I always come home to the same, empty, cold, lonely, house (not for long, I'm being foreclosed....) and face the same depression and frustration.

BUT!! I'm positive around my friends, because they give me life outside of my problems. Just this week my friends took me to the pub for a girls' night and a movie-night/slumber party. Tonight another friend took me to Build-a-Bear with her kids, and bought me a $40 gift card because she knew I'd always wanted to do one (I made the cutest thing!) then treated me to dinner. Tomorrow I'm going to breakfast with some old coworkers, and then to the farmer's market with a girlfriend's fiance, then I'm going to a big Catholic dance party near DC. I also have my family I'm grateful for, I rely on them a lot for company during the week (I'm unemployed). And I'm grateful for my dog. That might sound silly, but she's always here for me. I rescued her and it's like she knows. When I leave the room she sits and and stares at the door until I'm back, even an hour later. When I come home, she gallops through the house and whines in excitement and pummels me with all 70lbs of her while giving me kisses. Even if I was only gone for 15 minutes. She's an old girl, too, but she will struggle up on my bed when I'm lonely and cuddle with me (I don't encourage her on furniture, buttt....I don't push her off it :) )

I believe: God doesn't give you more than you can handle, and this is all just a pitstop anyway- on esp bad nights, I might wish for Heaven to open up for me, and just let me in already, but I know I have too many things to do still, and if there's a chance that my life might be a blessing in somebody else's: it makes it all worth it :)))) That's how I try to live: for others, for my friends, my family, my dog. To serve, to love, and to be loved.

--hide--

Has anyone spoke to Mary lately? Mary, Mary. Where are you????? wave hug Praying We miss you.

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Joy and healing come from God, not from having someone in your life. God will provide a special ...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Joy and healing come from God, not from having someone in your life. God will provide a special someone to share my joy when my heart is ready to be open to sharing my life with another. Healing of the soul takes time and prayer. I am so blessed to have a Priest who is willing to help me be open to areas where I need to focus on...... Praise God for his will for my life... My life is but a journey.....
--hide--

Well said Brenda, you are a wise woman! God bless you!

Jan 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Another way that I live life as a blessing is by "living in the present moment"...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Another way that I live life as a blessing is by "living in the present moment" - what that means to me is to experience all of the JOY that is present in the moment I'm in - not thinking about the past or wondering about the future, but being happy NOW.

--hide--

I am re-learning how to accomplish this one. It is a daily success....sometimes I concentrate on just that part of the day I am in. Joy is a good thing to have!
Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I am re-learning how to accomplish this one. It is a daily success....sometimes I concentrate on...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I am re-learning how to accomplish this one. It is a daily success....sometimes I concentrate on just that part of the day I am in. Joy is a good thing to have!
--hide--

Most of life requires constant "re-learning" doesn't it? Hence the challenge and drama of LIFE! heart

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: I stay positive by getting enough zzz's. Anyone want to go to bed ? That was a joke...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

I stay positive by getting enough zzz's. Anyone want to go to bed ? That was a joke. Don't go there.

--hide--
I needed a good laugh. Thank you!

Jan 17th 2013 new

biggrin smile laughing wink wave

Don't worry. Be happy.

youtu.be

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: I stay positive by getting enough zzz's. Anyone want to go to bed ? That was a joke...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

I stay positive by getting enough zzz's. Anyone want to go to bed ? That was a joke. Don't go there.

--hide--

Belly laugh

Jan 17th 2013 new

I'm glad you appreciated the humor. Jim refered to the "silly ones" - nice to know I'm not one of those in dog house.

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Has anyone spoke to Mary lately? Mary, Mary. Where are you????? We miss you.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Has anyone spoke to Mary lately? Mary, Mary. Where are you????? We miss you.

--hide--

Been getting some life pieced together this week, Shara biggrin and helping some friends out- it's been a really crazy week. Thanks for the shout-out! hug hug I'm back now! lil mikie

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Bart-749635 said: Mary, I feel so for your current situation and wish to offer hugs because you are hurting so and I...
(Quote) Bart-749635 said:

Mary, I feel so for your current situation and wish to offer hugs because you are hurting so and I feel a need to offer some physical acceptance of your pain.

But most of the wish to comfort is because you are trying.

I so remember when I was quite young, say, 10, I was given the gift of watching my nephew learn to walk. OH what fun! He so wanted to walk! Mark would take off from a supporting structure and laugh and toddle and fall down. Repeating the process of getting up laughing and toddling and falling down until he got it right. Each effort took him a little further. He became a little stronger after each effort. I can still hear the his laughs 50 years later and feel the love and support of the others in the room for him as he learned to walk and get up, with everyone laughing all the way.

We are with you and offer prayers and maybe laugh a little, for we have all been and we all continue to be in in some variant of that place today.

I snuck a look at your profile. You have a lot going for you. You have had some wonderful experiences. Your photographs show you are seeing and feeling the life you have been given. The images are very nice. What else can I say Mary but get up - laugh - learn and get going as best you can.

--hide--

Thank you so much, you are really motivating, and, like the rest on CM, help me to further live my life for others. I look at those photographs you mentioned sometimes, and I think "I wish I were still like that, carefree and happy" but it's something I can work toward, when I can, I will go on more adventures, and I know it's temporary; last year was just the worst year of my life, and like with all things, it will get better with time. Thanks again for the support, and I loved the story about Mark, he sounds like a real trooper :)

Posts 61 - 70 of 78