Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 15th 2013 new

I believe that if someone is right for you according to God's will, doors will be opened. Personally a Catholic and Godly man is more important of a criteria as compared to someone who comes from the same culture or locale.

One friend did something dractic, flew thousands of miles to spent time with a love interest. It is the same person who told me that long distance relationships don't work. Moral of the story: listen to God and follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit.

Good luck Franck

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-901618 said: Hi Ezrah, thanks for your comment. Though I can assume what you're talking about,...
(Quote) Frank-901618 said:

Hi Ezrah, thanks for your comment. Though I can assume what you're talking about, it's not totally clear. What do you mean with "the family involved". Regarding the immigration of the lady towards the others' country, that they all want to take advantage?

--hide--

Yes! -I'm usually half asleep when I type my replies laughing! There was once where I felt like I was being used to help this young woman run away from any problems she's facing at that moment. They wanted me to believe everything they're saying to me is true without even having any visual conversations outside of emailing and talking over the phone. I was able to get away from a situation that I felt was full of risks & liabilities. I believe the family realize that I wasn't ready to go with their plan. Hopefully that made more sense to you. I try to say it with respect and nothing against pursuing a woman internationally. I just want to address the safety behind LDR.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

Thank you all for your clarifications and additions.

I still have some things I need to clear up for myself:
Assume an LDR is progressing, and it's a lot of fun Skyping, both investing a lot of time to get to know each other. As with each LDR, you know that there will be a time together ('physical meetup'). My own feeling is that there won't be a real 'relationship' (the kind you'd change your FB-status for scratchchin ) until you've seen each other physically. Am I correct in that - or does someone think otherwise?

As a lot of people say, AS LONG AS you know it's worth the relationship, AS LONG AS you know you really fit together, AS LONG AS one of the people would be willing to make the sacrifice, there's nothing 'against' an LDR - and it even has its benefits because your relationship gets built on emotional attraction instead of a physical natural 'conclusion' (a lot of friends just 'run into' eachother, decide they'd be content with eachother and then start the relationship - without needing to cross the bridge of really establishing if there's a real attraction 'in the soul').

But this third condition I stated above keeps my mind busy. How do you know WHO would be willing? Because, one of the two DOESN'T need to sacrifice (at least not in 'moving' :) ). Wouldn't this difficult decision/ discussion destroy the atmosphere, or would it strengthen the relationship? Is it better to wait until the physical meetup or not? In my case, the phyiscal meetup is something that will happen nevertheless, because the other will move to Europe for studies. Thanks for helping out!

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-901618 said: Thank you all for your clarifications and additions. I still have some things I need to c...
(Quote) Frank-901618 said:

Thank you all for your clarifications and additions.

I still have some things I need to clear up for myself:
Assume an LDR is progressing, and it's a lot of fun Skyping, both investing a lot of time to get to know each other. As with each LDR, you know that there will be a time together ('physical meetup'). My own feeling is that there won't be a real 'relationship' (the kind you'd change your FB-status for ) until you've seen each other physically. Am I correct in that - or does someone think otherwise?

As a lot of people say, AS LONG AS you know it's worth the relationship, AS LONG AS you know you really fit together, AS LONG AS one of the people would be willing to make the sacrifice, there's nothing 'against' an LDR - and it even has its benefits because your relationship gets built on emotional attraction instead of a physical natural 'conclusion' (a lot of friends just 'run into' eachother, decide they'd be content with eachother and then start the relationship - without needing to cross the bridge of really establishing if there's a real attraction 'in the soul').

But this third condition I stated above keeps my mind busy. How do you know WHO would be willing? Because, one of the two DOESN'T need to sacrifice (at least not in 'moving' :) ). Wouldn't this difficult decision/ discussion destroy the atmosphere, or would it strengthen the relationship? Is it better to wait until the physical meetup or not? In my case, the phyiscal meetup is something that will happen nevertheless, because the other will move to Europe for studies. Thanks for helping out!

--hide--

My own feeling is that there won't be a real 'relationship' (the kind you'd change your FB-status for ) until you've seen each other physically. Am I correct in that - or does someone think otherwise?

I agree and would add that this applies even if the other person lives on the other side of town. In my mind, nothing from online dating is "real" until you are sitting across from the other person.

Wouldn't this difficult decision/ discussion destroy the atmosphere, or would it strengthen the relationship? Is it better to wait until the physical meetup or not?

To me, this question is probably too important to wait until a physical meet-up (if you are traveling great distances). By the time you get to the physcial meetup, both people have probably shared quite a bit so I don't think it would be awkward to discuss "who would move". It's best to clear the air on this particular topic before traveling. Who wants to travel 2,000 miles to find out that neither one is able or willing to move?

Jan 25th 2013 new
For love you must take the risk! Hope in God that everything works out!! Only time will tell! Good luck! And God bless!
Posts 31 - 35 of 35